1992 Acura Integra w/ a bunch of crap

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Just got back from vacation so I haven't been whoring up the boards in the last 2 weeks. Just thought i'd pop in and show off my newest trade.

If anyone remembers that white EJ1 I had briefly (detailed thread in EG section), I traded that for this bike:

Then I traded that bike, for this Integra hatch and a BUTT LOAD extra parts/motors/ECU's:

I don't plan to keep it though. Plan to keep selling/trading until I end up with a NASA space ship or something that will make me breakfast every morning with out talking back to me. I'm not picky :lol:

A buddy of mine did the motor install, but had no part in the riced out exterior. I HATE when people spray paint cars. Makes me want to choke someone. Anyway,... Have about $5,500 in receipts for the motor parts/work that have been done to it. I'd post up the list but who cares really... I'd be half way interested in keeping it (for a few weeks) if it wasn't flipping spray painted. And I can paint cars no problem, but it's a pain in the nuts spraying over someone's crap work which makes the job that much more time consuming. So... off she goes. Hoping my next "Look what I traded for" thread has a hatch and bunch of $100's to show off. That'd be a win in my book all day :thumbs up

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice work, once again. Someday when you finally get a car you are happy with, you should make a mega thread tracking your progress from start to end. That would be sick. So what other engines did the car come with?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
The trade also came with a D16z6 and some D series turbo parts, two LS blocks and a couple heads (i'm not even sure what they go to and haven't even bothered to look at them yet). Couple p28 ECU's, a p72, two Hondata s300's, a laptop for tuning, and then a few boxes full of random parts and what ever.. Ha.. Can you tell I don't really give a crap? LOL.. All I saw was an Integra I could sell for the same money as the bike but much much sooner. Who wants a crotch rocket at 40 below zero?! It all came from my buddy who's leaving the state so I know it's legit stuff.

As for a car i'll keep forever?? Man... i doubt that day will ever come. I'm just not attached to much. I'm the "everything has a price" kinda guy. And i've owned some pretty sweet stuff! Longest car I ever owned was a super charged 94 NSX. Had it two years. Freakn' LOVED that thing. Then, about 8 years ago, I owned a 96 Dodge Viper. I just HAD to have it. Paid cash money for it and wound up selling it 45 minutes later in the Burger King parking lot on a deal I couldn't pass up (which I later turned into a 350zTT and a pretty sweet vacation). Ink on the title wasn't even dry yet! LOL

I should have a NASA space ship by now with all the buying/selling/trading I do but a lot of my money has gone to quality of life stuff for my family... Oh well... It is what it is.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That is a ton of parts. You could make some serious cash by posting that stuff for sale on the forums.

You definitely have some of the greatest trade/sold stories. Good thing you aren't the kinda guy that likes to put all his previous cars in his sig haha

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
It probably all sounds more awesome than it really it is. To be honest, meeting other car guys is the best part of it all. No matter what car it is. I was in a DSM "gang" about 10 years ago and still to this day keep in touch with some of those guys who like me, have all gone away from DSM's. Had dinner with one of them in San Diego last week in fact. I bleed car, but am not hard core about any specific brand. Doesn't even have to be import though that's really all I know to be honest. Up in here in Alaska though, there's not really any car guys. I've run across a few, but not like what i'm used to in the lower 48 where people get together and chill. I get texts and calls daily from people who spot my stuff on craigslist and it blows my mind how many "car guys" ask me for help on even the most basic of things.... Then it usually ends with me just buying the car in question which i just resell or trade. LOL..

Man I can't wait to get back south again. One more year up here and my contract is up. Money is good, but being worried about dieing every day you leave the house gets old. The hood on my little boy's jacket cracked OFF the other day. A hood... I didn't even know fabric could freeze that solid and crack in half? Crazy...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy s**t about the hood, and don't be so modest lol two s300's? Motors?

Yeah. I'm jealous. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I'll list some stuff up for sale but the only problem is I don't use paypal and shipping in/out of Alaska isn't the greatest on heavier items. ECU's and harness's, no problem. A head... Might not be worth it. Trading might be the ticket though. Hmmmmm

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's pretty cool how you trade all this stuff lol

Get back to the south again? I take it your not from Alaska then? lol I wasn't sure

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I've only been here for a year. Signed a two year contract with the company i'm with. After that, i'm probably going back south unless my contract gets a good bump. The cold I can deal with I guess, but the 24 hours of dark/light is really tough to get used to. Longest day of winter is this week which means we get about an hour of twilight in between 23 hours of pitch black. As for trading, i've never seen it as common as it is here. I think it has something to do with the fact cost of living here is so crazy high it's hard for people to afford to buy even common things... So, you trade. The barter section on CL is packed and even if you don't list it in the barter section, be prepared to get loads of will you trade for .... questions. It's pretty cool until you need cash. Then it's annoying. LOL

Once I move though, I probably won't have this much stuff or success with buying/selling. There really isn't anyone doing anything like this here. I ran across someone who has an "import shop" in Anchorage, but that's 300 miles south of me. There's about 30,000 or so people here in city limits and not a single auto shop or anyone doing custom builds other than stereo stuff or for trucks. I'm no pro by any means either. I buy something, get online and research, then buy the parts people recommend, learn a thing or two, then sell and repeat. Kinda cool.

emerican

Registered VIP
you should defintly post up everything for sale go threw tjhe boxes of random stuff and see what you got
i say this because im always on the lookout for parts even if i wont use them i know people who will

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've only been here for a year. Signed a two year contract with the company i'm with. After that, i'm probably going back south unless my contract gets a good bump. The cold I can deal with I guess, but the 24 hours of dark/light is really tough to get used to. Longest day of winter is this week which means we get about an hour of twilight in between 23 hours of pitch black. As for trading, i've never seen it as common as it is here. I think it has something to do with the fact cost of living here is so crazy high it's hard for people to afford to buy even common things... So, you trade. The barter section on CL is packed and even if you don't list it in the barter section, be prepared to get loads of will you trade for .... questions. It's pretty cool until you need cash. Then it's annoying. LOL

Once I move though, I probably won't have this much stuff or success with buying/selling. There really isn't anyone doing anything like this here. I ran across someone who has an "import shop" in Anchorage, but that's 300 miles south of me. There's about 30,000 or so people here in city limits and not a single auto shop or anyone doing custom builds other than stereo stuff or for trucks. I'm no pro by any means either. I buy something, get online and research, then buy the parts people recommend, learn a thing or two, then sell and repeat. Kinda cool.
That's pretty cool man :thumbs up

So where are you originally from? And what kind of work do you do that landed you all the way up there? If you don't mind me asking.

Iv'e always wanted to go to Alaska one time. It looks awesome but I don't think I could deal with it being dark like that all the time. Those winters must be rough.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
That's pretty cool man :thumbs up

So where are you originally from? And what kind of work do you do that landed you all the way up there? If you don't mind me asking.

Iv'e always wanted to go to Alaska one time. It looks awesome but I don't think I could deal with it being dark like that all the time. Those winters must be rough.
Well.. I'm not really sure where i'm from anymore? I'm in the aviation industry and was a contractor for the last couple years which got me moving around a bunch building up my resume. I guess I would call Oregon my home though I haven't lived there for many many years. I was born in TX and would LOVE to get back there. Worked at Boeing in San Antonio for a while and had a blast. Had some better opportunities come up that led me out of the state and now here I sit... Freezing my junk off fixing electronics on private helicopters in the dark at 40 below. LOL If you live in south Alaska though it's pretty awesome. Cold, but awesome. Not like where i'm at (150 miles south of the arctic circle and NORTH of the north pole!). Small hills, arctic winds, pitch black at high noon, every car in town running dang near 24/7 so they don't freeze solid until May, loaf of bread is like $10 (I don't do the shopping).... It's rough and not for everyone, but i'm glad I was given the chance to do it. I'll never forget it.

Nice dude! Im a barterer also.
I know! I'm hitting you up when I make it back to the real world :thumbs up

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
And speaking of bartering, anyone got the hook up on some springs for this beast? ... I got a load of stuff I need to get rid of

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Here's a few pics of everything that was included. Some stuff is still in boxes and that black crate is full of stuff too. What am I going to do with 5 throttle bodies? LOL..

Funny thing, i went to order drop springs this morning but shipping was too high so I stopped short of hitting "send". Then I cleaned out the hatch and found... drop springs! Lucked out there. Ha! Now I have to figure out how to get them on. I've never done springs before and was just quoted $750 to mount them and a 4 wheel alignment. PUKE!

Came with some blizzak tires too so those are being mounted as I type this. :thumbs up

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your weren't kidding haha. That is a ton of stuff. To install the springs, rent a spring compressor from the local auto parts store. You need to do this so the top hat doesn't shoot off when you unbolt it.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So do you put the spring compressor on the spring before you unbolt it from the strut tower? I've never replaced struts either so I don't know what all comes apart once they're free from the top side. I've taken them apart from the bottom end to slide drive shafts in out with out the strut fork in the way, but never done anything from the top end. I haven't done any searching on this topic so forgive my stupid questions. Might have to youtube it.

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well.. I'm not really sure where i'm from anymore? I'm in the aviation industry and was a contractor for the last couple years which got me moving around a bunch building up my resume. I guess I would call Oregon my home though I haven't lived there for many many years. I was born in TX and would LOVE to get back there. Worked at Boeing in San Antonio for a while and had a blast. Had some better opportunities come up that led me out of the state and now here I sit... Freezing my junk off fixing electronics on private helicopters in the dark at 40 below. LOL If you live in south Alaska though it's pretty awesome. Cold, but awesome. Not like where i'm at (150 miles south of the arctic circle and NORTH of the north pole!). Small hills, arctic winds, pitch black at high noon, every car in town running dang near 24/7 so they don't freeze solid until May, loaf of bread is like $10 (I don't do the shopping).... It's rough and not for everyone, but i'm glad I was given the chance to do it. I'll never forget it.
Sounds like you have been all over the country then lol. You're really up there then damn.

I'd like to visit but dont know if i could live there. We all gotta do some things we don't like though. Im glad you enjoyed your experience.

You got a ton of parts in that trade as well. Goodluck with it all man

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So do you put the spring compressor on the spring before you unbolt it from the strut tower? I've never replaced struts either so I don't know what all comes apart once they're free from the top side. I've taken them apart from the bottom end to slide drive shafts in out with out the strut fork in the way, but never done anything from the top end. I haven't done any searching on this topic so forgive my stupid questions. Might have to youtube it.
It's fairly self explanatory. If you take the entire shock/spring assembly off the car, you should be able to tell how to take it apart. The spring compressor goes on first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoGaVciH6D4

This video is pretty good. The only difference is that autozone's spring compressors available to rent use a screw system to compress the spring, rather than the hydraulic press this shop has.