1992 Acura Integra w/ a bunch of crap

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
The view from my office window.

Couple helicopters hogging up my hanger where I was hoping to drop the Teg today :(

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know... Which is why i say my car awesomeness will take a drastic down turn once I move south. There's just so much money up here for imports it's crazy. NOBODY works on them. If you have parts and can build, you can make a nice living up here doing it. I doubt I could do as well as I am now, but for someone with out a family to support or a college educated career path to follow, they'd do well i'm sure (Like a much younger me back in the day). Just have a buddy ship you stuff from the states (Might as well be "overseas" way up here) and sell up here for 5 times more doing 5 times less work than a typical car south of here.... Hard life up here though which i'm sure is why it's not being done on a legit scale already.
I would assume the distance/seclusion is what kills that market. I have a few friends that were in Anchorage, and one in Juno for a little while. They said it was beautiful, but they'd never live there again haha.

The view from my office window.

Couple helicopters hogging up my hanger where I was hoping to drop the Teg today :(
s**t, my view is a wall. And a desk, with a bunch of s**t on it.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Did my first ever spring install this morning. Took about 3 hours from start to finish. Would have gone smoother but I had to do the front springs in a round about way because the spring tool I rented was too big to fit in the OEM springs while they were compressed.

Before: (Hood and hatch popped)

After:

Doing work:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Front end could be about an inch lower but oh well... As soon as it's sold i'm picking up another EG hatch i'm going to try my hardest to not sell.

DuckIt

Wow, just read through all this.

Nice!

You make me want to start trading stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

emerican

Registered VIP
it is also easier where you are at
it was a miracle to find my civic with lowish miles not hacked up and destroyed, up there youve seen to have some good luck finding good stuff. Something needing work and just being compltly ragged out is different.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
it is also easier where you are at
it was a miracle to find my civic with lowish miles not hacked up and destroyed, up there youve seen to have some good luck finding good stuff. Something needing work and just being compltly ragged out is different.
Well... Up here the primary used market is all about Subaru or 4x4 pick ups so when a Honda shows up on CL, i can pretty much guarantee the guy selling it isn't getting a hundred calls a minute on it like something AWD would get up here. I can count on one hand the amount of people I know up here than have personally swapped a motor in a Honda but none of them do it on a regular basis and none of them are flipping them that's for sure. So, easy.. Well yes and no. The easiest thing about this is that I don't' have much competition and I always have cash on hand. But believe me, I don't buy everything I see and have run across several that are totally trashed. I'll only pick up the ones I know are worth my time and money. But again, my advantage here unlike you guys is that I don't have to compete with other Honda guys when a decent project shows up for sale.

Still... I don't plan on being here much longer (if any) past my two year contract (I'm a year deep come Feb).

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where u gonna try and move once ur contract is up?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Well... Where ever the money takes me I guess? I took this job because it's a huge +1 on my resume. Really... I have to get back to civilization man. It's an experience of a life time, but I couldn't live here forever. This place here is a little hub for the main branch of the company which is based in New Iberia Louisiana. Not that I really want to live there, but they pay relocation which is easily $20k+ to move a family in/out of Alaska and they have amazing benefits which is hard to find anymore. So... I may try to relocate there or I might just test the hiring pool again which is how I found this job in the first place. Only way i'm staying here is if they pay me double my current salary (Though I make a small fortune at this job, I also pay a small fortune to live here and in the end, i'm really no better off other than my resume).

If I could pick my "dream" location, i'd like to get back to a place with 4 season of weather. I love snow, but I HATE cold. To me, below zero is cold (-30 up here is a normal day) but I could deal with 20 degrees plus all day. Oregon or Texas would be great. Family in Texas, but I love central Oregon for the seasons.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Took off last week to fix a broke Helo out on some small island you can only get to by boat or Helo (off Alaska of course):

Came home yesterday and sold this (Teg in this thread obviously):

For this:

Now this:

:thumbs up

/ thread