1997 DX hatch

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, when I get around to ordering swap parts, do I need the EKSTK 2, or 3 bolt timing side mount kit for the 92-95 b16a?
could get two bolt and a two bolt bracket and you are set then

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's here!!!

I also had Steve throw in an OEM ITR intake for the winter. I don't plan on using my AEM CAI the whole year and I want to have options.

Before I put the engine in, I am replacing the timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. So I got started on breaking the crank pulley loose...

but ending up breaking my extension instead.

Overall, I'm super happy with the quality of the engine. It is immaculate. The bolts even have the gold coating from the factory. The only thing I am disappointed about is the header only came with the top portion, not the bottom. If anyone has one they would be willing to sell, please let me know. I need it ASAP.

That's all for now. More soon!

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I may have one, bump this in the morning so I remember to check after work.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good reed! maybe ill have to look into hmo if this teg engine ever dies on me

you will probably need a good impact for that crank pulley bolt though

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I may have one, bump this in the morning so I remember to check after work.
Thanks for looking out man. I think I found one though. I'll let you know if the deal falls through.

looks good reed! maybe ill have to look into hmo if this teg engine ever dies on me

you will probably need a good impact for that crank pulley bolt though
I highly recommend them. Closest you can come to a brand new motor, aside from purchasing it from Honda.

Yeah, the crank pulley bolt is going to suck. I don't have access to air or an impact.

Thanks bro!

This is such old news...

:thumbs up
Don't you feel cool? Hahaha

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh now everyone thinks it's a great place to buy from lol. Don't be sore about the lower half of the header, most of them are cut at the flange making the bottom half unusable without welding anyway unless its a type R, they are typically treated like trash.

My old long block was solow mileage that i didn't bother with the oem maintenance pieces

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh now everyone thinks it's a great place to buy from lol. Don't be sore about the lower half of the header, most of them are cut at the flange making the bottom half unusable without welding anyway unless its a type R, they are typically treated like trash.

My old long block was solow mileage that i didn't bother with the oem maintenance pieces
Yeah, I was checking it out and it looks like they just unbolted the bottom portion. The studs are perfectly intact. I was also able to find a lower portion so I'm going to try it out. I'm pretty sure it'll work out.

I'm just doing the maintenance now to get it out of the way. There is no doubt in my mind that its solid. I'd just rather knock it out when its out of the car.

Thanks fellas!

very nice man. and I feel your pain on breaking a tool on that damn crank pulley bolt
Thanks man! Yeah its a pain. Luckily I got it loose today. Details soon.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got some stuff done after work today.

Flywheel installed with new OEM hardware.

Exedy clutch

Pressure plate

Trans on

I was able to get the crank pulley loose today. Yesterday, I had my 1/2" breaker on the crank pulley tool and I had a 3/8" ratchet with a 19mm socket on the bolt and a pipe slid over the end to get more leverage. I went to Lowe's today and got another 1/2" drive ratchet and a 19mm impact socket. After soaking in PB blaster overnight and having the right tools, it came off really easy.

Tomorrow, the timing belt and water pump.