1997 DX hatch

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, that sucks dude. At least the father was nice and apologized for her mistake.
Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

epic_civic

Wow, i would have been irate. it could of been worse tho! next time, be one of those a$$holes that take up 2 spots instead of one when you park out in B.F.E.

CJBankai

the moms attitude alone would have had me getting the police reports filed and the insurance companies involved. when i got the front end ripped off my 95 coupe, i had the guys wife crying about how they'd make it right with cash and all this bs [after he tried to deny he had any involvement to the cops], after a month of nothing and dodging my phone calls i let the insurance handle it, all i wanted was the cost of a new bumper and fender, they ended up paying for my 00 hatch haha

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just went though this build. Proof that with a good starting base and with a little money you can have s clean ride.

As for the accident, I woud've raised hell. Hope you get squared away.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the moms attitude alone would have had me getting the police reports filed and the insurance companies involved. when i got the front end ripped off my 95 coupe, i had the guys wife crying about how they'd make it right with cash and all this bs [after he tried to deny he had any involvement to the cops], after a month of nothing and dodging my phone calls i let the insurance handle it, all i wanted was the cost of a new bumper and fender, they ended up paying for my 00 hatch haha
Haha thats kinda my position. I'm going to get a couple estimates this week and just try to get cash. If they don't cooperate, I'll just let insurance handle it.

Just went though this build. Proof that with a good starting base and with a little money you can have s clean ride.

As for the accident, I woud've raised hell. Hope you get squared away.
Thanks man, I do the best with what I have. Yeah, I was pretty pissed with the accident. I should have taken a picture of how I was parked, perfectly centered in my spot. The girl just didn't know how to drive. I was furious.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fixing the damage

After I got an estimate and the check from the girl's mother, I started to fix the damage. Luckily, the scratches were only in the clear coat.

First I sanded off the clear coat with 1500, keeping the panel very wet with soapy water.

After 1500, I moved on to 2000. Be very careful not to remove any of the base coat.

I taped the area off and sprayed three coats with some auto body clear. Make sure the panel is clean before spaying.

After the clear had dried, I sanded it, very lightly with 3000 and tried my best to blend the edges into the factory clear coat.

I used a paint color restorer to bring back the shine, then waxed the area.

It turned out ok. If you look down the quarter panel, you can see that the section I painted is duller than the rest. It's not perfect, but since I plan on getting the car repainted someday I just decided to keep the cash and fix it myself.

I should be getting the CTR taillights next weekend. I couldn't get them last weekend due to an October snowstorm (also why I'm rolling on steelies).

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
perefect start for a civic dont mess it out!!

L3IX

car looks good man! i love my hatch! i feel bad for that boo boo that happened but at least it wasnt a huge dent

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I drove to Maryland after work today to pick up my taillights. After dinner, I went back out to my car, which was parked on the street, to find that it had been sideswiped. My mirror and housing were laying on the ground shattered and there are some new scratches on the side.

I have just been having the best luck lately.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn dude. That sucks. Sorry ywo hear man.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you need to not drive that car anywhere. just keep it in the garage lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*not to self* do not visit PA holy crap people can't drive out there

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you need to not drive that car anywhere. just keep it in the garage lol
Haha I wish I had another daily driver and could just work on this and try to keep it out of harm's way.

Yeah it really sucks, my car got hit twice in three weeks. At least none of the damage was super bad.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to Jersey or New York, then come talk. lolol. PA drivers aren't that bad, except in bad cities like where I live.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I finally got my new taillights installed.

The insurance company said they would charge a $250 deductible in order to get an estimate for the damage. So i just order a set of new mirrors(my passenger one was already broken).