2000 Civic EX Bought 11/5/10

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Wayyy over paid sucker!
No actually... I'm not a sucker... suckers are the people who don't know what happened to the car at the dealer, because dealers REPAIR damages anyways; on any car they receive. If you had bought your car from a dealer... you would have bought a vehicle that had been from an auction that was damaged and repaired to look like it was in perfect condition... so there is no win, win situation on here. This was an honest dealer mind you as well...

Oh and.... I'll get the Kelly Blue Book price for dealer sales... not private sales which everyone is trying to make me look like an idiot for purchasing a car over 150 dollars over KBB... OOooo big deal. You guys say you bought a car like this for the same price 5 years ago... yeah! BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM A PRIVATE SALE!

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/honda/civic/2000/retail-value/pricing-report?id=6282&equipment=239506|true|239509|true|239506|true&condition=excellent&mileage=136000

98Steven

5+ Year Member
It's not excellent condition if there are any problems with the car. Maybe you should read the definition of excellent condition on the kbb website.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
It's not excellent condition if there are any problems with the car. Maybe you should read the definition of excellent condition on the kbb website.
Have you ever bought a non brand new car from a dealer? If so you have not bought an excellent off the lot condition car (Dealers repair the issues before you get to see them; for me I got to see them and they are fixing it to excellent condition... so the car will be at excellent condition when it is done!) . ;) So therefore ANY car from a dealer has to be brought back up to excellent condition BEFORE it can be sold. So no sir... I was not jipped

Suggested Retail Value

This value assumes the vehicle has received the cosmetic and/or mechanical reconditioning needed to qualify it as "Excellent". This is not a transaction value; it is representative of a dealer's asking price and the starting point for negotiation.

read it closely.... reconditioning. I got to it before this reconditioning could happen.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought my 2000 Ex a year ago for $4900 private seller. :what:
I didn't buy it myself though.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
I bought my 2000 Ex a year ago for $4900 private seller. :what:
I didn't buy it myself though.

thank you, you have proven my point. 1 year ago in a private sale this car would have been worth $4,900 (1 year ago this car would have gone for nearly 6300 to 6500 at a dealer) ; what condition was it in?

No one seems to understand me when I try to tell them that I bought this from a dealer and dealers are required BY STATE law to bring the cars condition back up to excellent.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My car was MINT when I got it. Only minor thing was a small paint chip on the front bumper.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
My car was MINT when I got it. Only minor thing was a small paint chip on the front bumper.
yeah and mine is mint everywhere else other then front bumper, headlights; and fogs... which is all replaced. The pain isn't even chipped anywhere... I'll get some updated pictures once it's all finished.

cerdman

Since everyone is complaining about price, I paid $4k for mine in July of this year from a dealer friend, but I did all the work to put it to excellent condition.
I like your wheels and the Si grill (want one for my EX), but personally, I would refinish the wheels and make them a little darker. Looks like a fun project . . . keep us updated!

sampsas

Ok so I do agree somewhat with the OP on dealer pricing BUT you can talk them down... For example my 99 Civic DX coupe was listed at $4200 Canadain and I saw all service records (from orig owner) and the carfax, and all documentation and my car is MINT!!! it has 173000KM on it and i paid $3500 taxes and fees all in and also a 6 month powertrain warrenty on it.... It doesn't have a spot of rust, no chips bangs dents bleamishes on it... The engine is running great (mech friend did a complete check) We could not find 1 thing wrong with it.. the orig owner wanted the full price but the owner of the dealership called (had her on speakerphone) and explained that since the car had been sitting there for a few weeks he had to move it off of the lot so the owner agreed to my price... Also up here in Ontario, Canada ALL used cars sold by dealers have to be in excellent condition with the history of the car provided to the customer...

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
good foundation to build a nice car. have u found a place that sells the Si grill? i dont want a ebay grill either.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont even own this car yet. earlier posts said its not in your driveway yet..why the heck would you start a build thread...proof of ownership or its a lie.

Mugenej8

why blades? go bigger and better wheels stocks wheel is spare wheels.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
you don't even own this car yet. earlier posts said its not in your driveway yet..why the heck would you start a build thread...proof of ownership or its a lie.
Don't worry... I'm that dude dressed up like another dude, that's playing the part of another dude! Okay? Yeah I totally don't own this car; even though it's on my Insurance already and I just transferred my registration over to this one.
Plus this is not in the "build" section; this is just in the "Show off your 6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)"

Once the lights FINALLY come in tomorrow; and if Bay City Motors can put them on quick enough I'll be dropping by and I WILL have the car.

If I got time this weekend; I'll post some pictures as proof that I own this car! Thank you!

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member

Missing a center cap; but have found one on eBay.
And here is the proof that I own this car... ;) thank you!

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
Ordered a new set of rims. DRAG DR-31 in Gold. 205/45/16 because I had a flat last night, I wanted to put my spare on, and the 2 keys to my lug nuts broke on the last lug (go figure). So a co-worker and I went to wally world to see if they had anything like my key. Nope. Called AAA, got the car towed, called in the morning and low and behold ALL of my rims are bad! My front left tire has a bulge in it my front right had a flat spot in the rim.
Order Total: $875.00

Product Information:
4 Drag DR-31
16X7 4-100/114 40FG
4 General G-MAX AS-03
205/45ZR16 83W BSW
4 CERTIFICATES FOR REFUND OR REPLACEMENT
1 FREE HUB CENTRIC RINGS
4 VALVE STEMS
4 RIDE MATCH SYSTEM/ROAD FORCE

$40.00 ONLINE ORDER SAVINGS
WOOOT