2006 Civic - Cracked Engine Block

Peters06Civic

5+ Year Member
my bad it is a cracked block
Well in this case I would say thay have heard of this happening before, considering there is a TSB out for it. You should hold on to your receipt for the repair; I could see this going to a recall and perhaps you could get your money back.

y0ukeun

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good thing i found this thread b4 i upgraded to an 8th gen from my 01 lol. but the si's don;t have this problem huh? maybe a 4dr si would be a perfect family car for my new wife and baby =) haha

y0ukeun

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
btw sorry to all the 8th gen owners out there. wish you all the best. i know how frustrating this kind of problem can be. my 03 yami R6 gave me quite a headache too.

ironworker

5+ Year Member
btw sorry to all the 8th gen owners out there. wish you all the best. i know how frustrating this kind of problem can be. my 03 yami R6 gave me quite a headache too.
I own a 07 Taffy white FG2 the only problems i have/had with this car is/was 3rd gear and my wicked negitive camber in the rear...Got 3rd replaced.I have 40k on it:cool:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I own a 07 Taffy white FG2 the only problems i have/had with this car is/was 3rd gear and my wicked negitive camber in the rear...Got 3rd replaced.I have 40k on it:cool:
i think the neg camber was done on purpose to make the si handle better.

ironworker

5+ Year Member
i think the neg camber was done on purpose to make the si handle better.
I wish that was the case...Honda has came up with a solution for all the civic models EXCEPT for the si. Its not supposed to be like that well that bad. Iv put 3 sets of tires on the rear with 40k on the car. Ill be getting the skunk 2 camber kit when i get my tax check.

jpbrog

5+ Year Member
i got about 14000 on my new block. every things good. its differant underneath than before differant oil plug and stuff. not the same. my mileage is down about 34-35 iiwas getting 37-38 idid put a set of goodyear triple treads on about same time

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm weird about the mileage thing. how many miles did you have before? sometimes it takes awhile to get the best mileage out of it though.

jpbrog

5+ Year Member
56,000 when blocked cracked. 70000 now i m gonna call dealership to see what they can do about milage

jpbrog

5+ Year Member
i talked to dealer they said they didnt know unless a light is on. i aired up the tires and cleaned air filter and added bg cleaner to gas . if this dont work i may change plugs . oh dealer says new block may need to break in its got 14000 but could need 20000 i dont know about that. has anybody changed plugs under 100000

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well..ever motor will produce a different mileage. and while the motor is broken in. it might take a few more miles to get the best performance out of it. some say that it will take around 15000 miles or more but most see their best mileagle around 10k miles

Wild Willy

5+ Year Member
Block-no it broke the bank

When I got my car back from the dealership I was driving home and the check engine light came on and it felt like I lost 1 or 2 cylinders it wouldn’t rev over 3500rpm so I pulled over and shut it down. Went on and re started it and it ran just fine I called the dealership and they say the least they can do is look at it the next day then I was pulling out of my garage (this car is never out side for long) I notice a oil spot on the ground. When I ask the dealership about this he tells me that they did not replace the oil/air separator cover gasket. It was not replaced and they used my old one and they were hoping that it worked but I guess not. I had to wait another week to get in that part and I loose my car for another day and of course this all happens with in a week of going on vacation and they had no loners for me to use so I was hoping that my trip down to Mexico would help me and it did for about a week then the alternator went (it was about time this is #3) and again I pay the dealerships rent for a few months. $400.00 (this car is killing me). Now I come to find out that my cat converter is going bad cha-ching I cant get that part for less than $500 and that is if I do it my self ( I will that’s a easy one)
I also had the same problem with the gas mileage I went form 35-38mpg to 28-30mpg and this is doing 120miles + a day WTF I can go on for days I have a new oil pan this was before the block cracked. My wipers turn on and stay on till they want to stop in the middle of the wind shield there is a recall for this but “my vin don’t match the recall list” so live with it or pay us $$$$ 500+ (but I should be thankful at least my drivers side sun visor still works) sorry guys I could go on for days. Its rough living in a one Honda town!:twisted:

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry to hear your troubles, have you called HOA? they might can do something for you

jpbrog

5+ Year Member
they should give you a loner. my dealer told me honda doesnt pay for one but gave me one

mongus

5+ Year Member
You can ad another cracked block case to the list. 2006 EX Coupe with 30k miles. This is my uncles car. Normal driving well maintained and completely stock. In this case though he drove the car even after noticing a pool of fluid under it and severely overheated the engine (they were on a long trip). I believe they replaced the entire engine and not just the block.

porusblock06

5+ Year Member
Hello all, I was searching the net for my idle problem that has sprung up on my 06 civic and found this forum.
Did not see this thread till i registered. Notice my username? I thought i was the only one in the world with this problem till i found this site. Mine happened at 34 k and i now have around 15 k on my new engine. I asked the dealership to show me the old block but was told it is already shipped back to Honda. They called it a porus block. Keep a eye on your anti freeze mine was using about 1/4 inch below the full mark for every 15 k till it showed up above the exhaust heat shield. Amazing, i was telling a co worker last night about this and everyone in the room was dumfounded like it was impossible to happen to a Honda. This is my first Honda purchase and so far am not impressed. Looks like a good place to get info. thanks everyone for telling your story sheds a different light.

shaleridge

5+ Year Member
listen up 2006 civic owners! CRACK THIS!

I have a 2006 civic and love it! (This is my 2nd civic in 15 yrs)... Inspite of my immaculate care I have discovered I have a cracked engine block at 86,000 miles. I have uncovered that there is an internal Bulletin (#08-044) within the Honda company stating that there is coolant leakage and overheating problem caused by a CRACKED ENGINE BLOCK in the 2006-2008 model engines, Hence... MANUFACTURERS DEFECT! I am 6000 miles passed my warranty and Honda is giving me the run around. I'm pursuing their replacement of my motor and want to give everyone else who is and will be effected the heads up as to not give up. Honda is a great company and needs to take care of there mistakes!