20's on 2000 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivicBoy80

Banned
Someone deleted my post, but I'm serious; I want to put my 20 INCH lexanis on my SI. What should I do to make this happen. I want to raise it so the rims don't f**k up the fender

also I have about 30k cash I can drop on this civ project; so dont' skimp on recommendations cause I'm baLlin' peace

Let me know peace...

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh, do I close it? Nah, its too entertaining.

But seriously, you COULD get some koni's or something that allow you to adjust where the spring sits according to the shock and actually raise the car

OR

roll your fenders real good.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
as far as i know you cant adjust the spring perch on koni's to raise the car higher than stock height, only lower.
nah you can. I remember seeing it in the instructions. theres two perches below stock (to lower it) and two above stock (to raise it).

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A civic 4x4 =)

WOW 20" the EK car will never stand the weight nor move ..... 17-18 are too big for the 6 gens but 20' woooo

Well good luck

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Knock it off with the ignorant posts. I already closed all the other threads to keep this s**t down.. I dont want to have to close this too. Im trying to be nice to him and help out a bit and not close everything out, but you guys arent helping.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get a CRV buddy put in 20-22

perfect =)
Right guys

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pilot or ridgeline maybe? just isnt in his pricec range

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you even plan on going performance, 20inch rims = weighs as much as your car, which = SLOW!!!!!! i bet my stock 00' EX with 130hp woudl be able to beat you when you have 20 inch rims on your civic. please dont embarrass the entire civic community by doing this, it would look dumb and be a complete waste of money. the only looks you will get will be "wtf what a waste of a perfectly good civic". Also you will get s**t gas mileage, and your speedometer will be all messed up. bigger wheels = not calibrated with speedometer which means you wont get accurate speed readings, they will be way off. So have fun i guess, go dump 30k into wheels that will be the biggest waste ever. i can think of tons of things to do with 30k. so do us all a favor and dont do this.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
next a*****e off topic comment =s ban

just because you think 20 inch rims are stupid gives you no right to sit there and bash.. guess waht.. trying to make a 17 second econobox civic "fast" is honestly just as stupid... i built my car for what i like.. he is doing the same.. you also do the same.. if every time we disagreed with the style choices people made we bashed them and caused threads to go to s**t this forum would suck... you dont like it? then shut the f**k up and dont post... BASHING IS AGAINST THE RULES....

to the original poster they will be obnoxiously heavy.. slow the car down.. and probably ride like s**t.. IF you can get them on.... but if you still want them more power to you..

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kinda big but good luck....post pics of gaps and rubs and etc

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you get around to actually doing this, post pics. Just to see how awkward they look. But seriously upgrade your brakes too cause they're going to have to stop those massive wheels from rolling.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jbuck2KCivic said:
If you get around to actually doing this, post pics. Just to see how awkward they look. But seriously upgrade your brakes too cause they're going to have to stop those massive wheels from rolling.
yup

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im sorry man for bein an a*****e. if you're serious about doing this, go right ahead. Its all about doing stuff nobody else has done before. I agree it would turn some heads to see a civic on 20s drive around town, i would be dumbfounded myself lol. good luck and post pics!

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

honestly if the rims were different it wouldnt look to bad.. those are 20;s.. yes i kno were tlakin about a 2000

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
redcivicls95 said:
What kind of dumbass would want to put 20's on a civic....You are a disgrace to the entire Honda Community...Go buy a caddy
Was that neccessary?

oc_civic said:
next a*****e off topic comment =s ban.

kaluwa3

5+ Year Member
I'm sure it can be done. Here's a pic of a S2000 that I saw at a recent meet.

I think they were either 20" or 22" Lexanis

(click it)

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want to have bigger rims but still have a decent ride and not rub as much look into some 18's they will sit much better then 20's.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kaluwa3 said:
I'm sure it can be done. Here's a pic of a S2000 that I saw at a recent meet.

I think they were either 20" or 22" Lexanis

(click it)
Way too much bling for me, but I guess someone likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.