4g's 90 crx si build

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i have no idea what turbo i wanna run.. i dont know what gonna be able to achive my goal but not crush my budget cuz im still gonna be young once i get around to piecing together the kit.. im gonna do the suspesion first then the swap and then get it inspected.. then ill fix the body after all that it will be time for
boost

edit: i was thinkin this turbo
Click Me

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bet alot of those engine plans will change, once you start buying parts, you will need the proper size turbo.
it will take you a long time to build.
since your only 17.

look into the garret GT turbos, but the turbo should be sized properly to your setup.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yea i know things will change without a doubt im just tryin to get an idea on what sort of turbo i should run.. i dont plan on even startin to peice the kit together until prolly the spring of 09 i just wanna get it running and inspected by the end of the upcoming year

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and if your going to run a vtec engine, dont get a B16, atleast spend the extra on a B18c (GSR or type R)

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im only gonna be runnig the head so i think it should be fine

edit:if i can find a good deal on a b16 trans i would buy a gsr engine

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should be pickin up an ls head within the week so i guess ill be runnin a straight ls for a while.. pics when i get it

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pickin up an ls head, da front knuckles and a pr4 sunday will have pics then

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
you are hella lucky, Im 17 and my parents are making me stay with my ES1, not letting me get a project car until i move out, and you have 2, good luck with the build, and great deal on the car

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pickin up an ls head, da front knuckles and a pr4 sunday will have pics then
pickin up this tomorrow pics will procede.. should have the motor ready by spring time

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres the pics of the b18a head and da knuckles..

also will a b18b valve cover fit on the b18a head

Allmotor_junkie

4 Door Whore YO>
5+ Year Member
heres the pics of the b18a head and da knuckles..

also will a b18b valve cover fit on the b18a head
i dont see why not? as long as its a dohc non vtec b series valve cover it should fit.

nice build by the way i am also goin b18 in my 4 door ef, btw i dont know what you plan to do about the alternator but I am making a bracket to mount it in the front of the engine bay insead of bashing in the wall in the back. I would highly suggest it.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea idk about the alternator yet i just wanna get this motor together so i can replace the quarters on this car and get it ready for inspection

SilentMist

10 psi seems like a dream
Bro take that head to a Machine SHop and Have someone look that thing over that dull orangy gold color on the inside of that head means Lack of lubrication it was starvin for her oil boss make sure it dont go no cracks no where man.

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its prolly not as bad as you think there is still fresh oil in the the head was removed from a running teg two days before i got it