6th gen Valve cover paint???*******pics********

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i got my valve cover out of storage and i wanted to spice it up a bit. so i sanded it and used a engine enamel primer, dupi color metallic paint, next some metal effects (thanks child for the tip!)

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good! I would gently sand the honda part to make it stand out.. but looks good man!

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the honda symbol was really bad with deposits. i still gotta scuff it with 1000g sand paper and do one more metallic coat then the finish glitter coat. hey esoteric, kind of off topic what color green is your car. thats my fav civic color and i cant find the code or the actual honda name. if i dont do my whole car that i atleaset want it for my other valve color. or my ej6 build. thanks buddy

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That looks great as is!!It looks really nice!! But make sure you sand the letters with a sanding block, looks much better that way.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea, same color

I use a glaze and carnauba wax so mine takes on lighter and darker shades like in the sig.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i love that color it so bad ass looking. i have a white ek, i like it but im def painting green. as soon as a I get some green lol. but im gonna finish the valve cover and post a pics tomorrow. thanks bud.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

The valve cover looks really nice. I also like Clover Green myself. VSM is numero uno for me tho, I like how the metalic chips reflect sunlight compared to some of the other oem colors. I have a sweet valve cover pic from ej8squad for everyone's viewing pleasure below.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its easy to sand the HONDA portion down.

Simply tape off around it, grab a block and some 180g paper, go to town.

Get it down to aluminum, where its all flat and even, pits sanded out, etc.. Then sand it with some 320 on a block. Followed up by 600 wet on a block, and 1500 wet to polish the letters. It's how I do all of my covers (i've painted 18-20 now for various people throughout the country) with letters and it works great.

You can also do whatever polish design you want to the letters by moving the block different directions (cross hatch, swirl, horizontal, vertical, etc.)

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can also do whatever polish design you want to the letters by moving the block different directions (cross hatch, swirl, horizontal, vertical, etc.)
Hmm, I would like to see a sample if anyone has one of these diy sand-a-letter valve covers. Seems like people keep coming up with good ideas. I never thought about doing minor touches to the lettering like that.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt the transformer guy VC in tampa? if so ive seen it in person and it looks good.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

The valve cover looks really nice. I also like Clover Green myself. VSM is numero uno for me tho, I like how the metalic chips reflect sunlight compared to some of the other oem colors. I have a sweet valve cover pic from ej8squad for everyone's viewing pleasure below.
Your VC is looking great! I should of painted my SOHC VC a LOOOONG Time ago!

The Transformers VC is SICKKKKKKKK..... Like beyond SICK.... The only thing IN MY OPINION is that it would be even better with the Letters and such being shaved or sanded down as being discussed... Not sure about being sanded, but deff being shaved just for that extra clean look! But that is my 2 cents... lol

Good luck with your final VC bro... =)

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im thinking about shaving Honda off any suggestions on what to use and I have another valve cover SOHC but it says Honda and underneath it has vtec any ideas for that?

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have heard of people doing it with a grinder but you have to be SOOOOOO careful, its not like you can just bondo it if you f**k it up... I almost say grind it down with a belt sander... sounds dumb but less likely to dig in you know?

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was thinking grinder get it cllose then hand sand it but I'm scared lol I don't want to go down to deep I do have a belt sander bu that might take forever