6th gen Valve cover paint???*******pics********

drmrman

5+ Year Member
I did.... Just not the same day I painted the cover :D They are color matched now :D and I tucked the fog light wires...

drmrman

5+ Year Member
Lready planned for it... Im doing a header and a high flow car because I have a little leak at the flange between the two! So Im just going to replace them both :D WOOO!

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lready planned for it... Im doing a header and a high flow car because I have a little leak at the flange between the two! So Im just going to replace them both :D WOOO!
Looks sick so far... I'll consider color matching some things.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy revive and thread Jack. J/k I'm a fan of black powder coated intake manifolds. Murda!!!! Super street had a how to in one of there issues. I think they did a DIY for the wunderdog?

drmrman

5+ Year Member
Holy revive and thread Jack. J/k I'm a fan of black powder coated intake manifolds. Murda!!!! Super street had a how to in one of there issues. I think they did a DIY for the wunderdog?
If I ever get the time that will get done too! FLAT BLACK INTAKE MANI FTW!

SCollins6thGen

i was thinking about doing this but im not to good with the paint what are the steps you need to take in order to do this the right way? and where can you get the supplies from?

drmrman

5+ Year Member
i was thinking about doing this but im not to good with the paint what are the steps you need to take in order to do this the right way? and where can you get the supplies from?
Yes and it depends what color(s) do you want to paint it...

Prep. is 95% of the painting process...

And if you want to just do BLACK or RED or any basic colors you can pick up duplicolor high temp paint at most local auto supply stores... But if you want to color match, you have to find someone that will mix your color for you and spray it... OR do what I did and purchase your paint already mixed and in an aerosol can ready to spray from a web site :D

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
X2 you have to prep it to the max. I used a high heat engine enamelwith ceramic in it I did a few even coats and one medium coat (wet coat) and it came out perfect. I plan on using a gunmetal grey or a metallic grey with a clear effects coat on top. I'm gonna finish it when it gets nice out.

EGcoupey7

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice man cover looks nice i did mine a few weeks ago i used thinner and a Brillo pad and them high heat primer and high heat paint and gloss

SCollins6thGen

This is myfirst one. I blew my engine a few months back and took the valve cover off the old one to see how it would come out. I painted the entire VC silver, and then taped off just the honda part which took forever and then sprayed it a dark blue. i know it looks like crap but my next one (the one that will be going on my car) should be better. let me know what yall think

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They both look great! A lot of people have the "Honda" part sanded or a different color. Does any body have a VC that's all one color or even shaved all one color?

SCollins6thGen

They both look great! A lot of people have the "Honda" part sanded or a different color. Does any body have a VC that's all one color or even shaved all one color?
not a lot of peole do cuz when you sand the "honda" part down or make it a different color it jusy makes it look way better than all just one color and plus it makes the letters pop out more

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know why they do it I was simply stating that alot of people take tht route. I saw a VC that was polished everything but the letters it was sick.