6th gen Valve cover paint???*******pics********

drmrman

5+ Year Member
Sounds awesome! Kinda makes me want to polish mine and paint the letters green.........

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That would look sick. I just finished my shaved VC I'll try to get pics up asap. It's sexy!!!!! Well at least I think so : )

civic0918

Registered VIP
nice that looks sweet both of them. Hey were you guys get those funky intakes they look like rubber or something are they better than aluminum?

jtm789

I did.... Just not the same day I painted the cover :D They are color matched now :D and I tucked the fog light wires...

thats sick, I have the same color civic and i want to do the same thing. what kind of paint did you use?(color code?) and did you sand blast everything because thats what i'm thinking about doing.

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I loved having an NES growing up, but I don't like the NES controller vcs one bit. On another note, what can sandblasting do for a vc in prep for paint? I'm thinking about doing something with mine.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I loved having an NES growing up, but I don't like the NES controller vcs one bit. On another note, what can sandblasting do for a vc in prep for paint? I'm thinking about doing something with mine.
Sandblasting would remove all of the existing paint (if any) and all other contaminants, bringing it down to bare metal. It helps a lot with adhesion and overall quality of the paint job. It is not, however, necessary for a rattle can valve cover, though it would improve the quality.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sandblasting is for impatient rattle can'ers. It's the quick and more effective way to start with a clean canvas on old parts. It's def better just be careful you don't pit the valve cover. I would sand blast then hit it with a 400g paper then high heat prime it. Like three coats of high heat primer ( better safe than peeling paint). Once the primer is done lightly scuff with 1000g and color coat with about three coats. Then clear coat if you want.

drmrman

5+ Year Member
thats sick, I have the same color civic and i want to do the same thing. what kind of paint did you use?(color code?) and did you sand blast everything because thats what i'm thinking about doing.
Thanks!

Nope just used a scotch brite pad. And I think the paint code is GP95 but dont quote me on that... Its on your driver side door jam...

jspin75

i want to paint mine! idk what colorway i wanna do it though either red or black?? what do you guys think will be better?

jasanp

5+ Year Member
ok so i got my valve cover out of storage and i wanted to spice it up a bit. so i sanded it and used a engine enamel primer, dupi color metallic paint, next some metal effects (thanks child for the tip!)

I really like how this turned out...i personally like the simple look. I just finished painting my car and now i'm ready for a another DIY project...but i just wanted to know if there is a diagram in between the cover and the bottom piece? If so will it get damaged when I remove the cover?

d16y7 98 dx

d16y7 98 dx
looks good dude. i want to paint mine but i dont have any money lol. i just spent the rest of my paycheck on s.i. tailights for my dx

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys tip, get this stuff and primer it before you jump the gun and just paint, not doing so will result in paint chipping and or flaking prematurely..