96-98 Civic Front End (post Yours)

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn I need to get a lip for my 98 front!

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanted to know where those lips came from such as what country because i seen a guy with it and it says <P> honda and all that good stuff on it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wanted to know where those lips came from such as what country because i seen a guy with it and it says <P> honda and all that good stuff on it.
I already posted what they were after you posted the other photos.

The front is a '97-'98 Civic Type R lip. If it's real it came from Japan (I believe you can get them in Europe too, but the Type R was only available in Japan).

The rear lip is a '99-'00 Optional lip for coupes and sedans. Some people call it an Si rear lip but it was never standard on the Si. It was optional on the Si too.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What about these cars makes them look like 2000 Civics to you? I don't see it.

My contribution.

Well for one, the coupe has '00 taillights. and I meant to say that these 96-98 Civics look so good that they almost look like the 99-00, the ultimate Civic IMO.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well for one, the coupe has '00 taillights. and I meant to say that these 96-98 Civics look so good that they almost look like the 99-00, the ultimate Civic IMO.
I still don't see it. The entire front end and rear bumper (for coupe/sedan) are still all different. They just don't look like '99-'00 unless they have at least a '99-'00 front end to me.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I still don't see it. The entire front end and rear bumper (for coupe/sedan) are still all different. They just don't look like '99-'00 unless they have at least a '99-'00 front end to me.
he's probably referring to the headlights, hood, and grill. they look similar to him.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
he's probably referring to the headlights, hood, and grill. they look similar to him.
Well he said right there it was the tailights.

I saw in another thread he wanted to see photos to compare the front end, etc. as he has trouble telling them apart.

So he just plain has trouble telling them apart at this point. Kind of like how my mom thinks Aleros and Mustangs look like the same model (obviously she's not into cars).

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So he just plain has trouble telling them apart at this point. Kind of like how my mom thinks Aleros and Mustangs look like the same model (obviously she's not into cars).
haha. word.

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well he said right there it was the tailights.

I saw in another thread he wanted to see photos to compare the front end, etc. as he has trouble telling them apart.

Actually I am very good at telling 96-98 apart from 99-00. I know that the '00 headlights are more aerodynamic than the 96-98. The '00 upper grill is wider. '00 has a place for foglights on the bumper. '00 taillights are red and white. etc. I, myself, own a '97 Civic.

What I was trying to say, is that the 96-98 Civics are so well fixed up that they look like the 99-00 Civics. And in my opinion, these 99-00 Civics are the best looking Civics ever. So I meant that like a complement. And the first comment of mine was not intended for that particular Civic (i was still a noob at this site) which is why I clarified with the correct Civic (my second comment)