96 Civic DX Sedan Build - PHAHEEM

PHAHEEM

Day one:

Si Wheels:

Tint (35% All Around):

EX Cluster Swap:

I transplanted my original odometer to keep my original (low) mileage legit

Cleaned some of my interior parts in preparation for new head unit/LEDs in the A/C unit:

New Head Unit [Sony MEX-BT4000P with Bluetooth Streaming & Hands Free]:

Bought the appropriate Metra Wiring Harness and soldered the wires together:

Also bought the proper housing/bezel/trim around the radio from Crutchfield to make it look clean:

And I swapped my cup holders for the 99-00 cup holders:

LEDs in the cluster:

And I stuck (2) #74 bulbs in my A/C...sure there's hot spots, but I don't mind, I like the look of it:

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Subbed for a clean radio install. I work at an audio shop, I really like the metra stuff so far. Crutch field tends to ruin my day; such good prices!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice. I think I'll like the way this build goes.

PHAHEEM

Thanks fellas...this is my Daily Driver so my goal is to make it more comfortable and reliable for daily use.
I'm getting a new front console (around the shifter) today (mine is really scratched up), along with a leather shift boot with gray stitching + black leather arm rest cover with gray stitching also later this week.

NGK spark plugs + NGK wires are also in the mail.

Regarding the Metra harness - I bought it on Amazon for ~$7 and it was just a matter of matching the colors of the wires, then soldering them together. Really easy.
And I was stoked to find the proper bezel/frame for my car on crutchfield, that was $10 and well worth it, almost makes it look like an OEM option

Next up: Depo red/clear tail lights, AEM short ram intake...and hunting for a pair of Integra Leather-front-seats

emerican

Registered VIP
tuned in for updates i like where this seems to be going.
even though its your dd any plans for serious motor things?

PHAHEEM

tuned in for updates i like where this seems to be going.
even though its your dd any plans for serious motor things?
Nothing major...aside from the usual maintenance, at most an AEM short ram intake, and that's only because I hear it might add an MPG or two.
It's not worth messing with the motor considering its only 100 HP and I'm trying to squeeze out as much MPG from it as I can.
I plan to keep this for as long as possible.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice clean work so far. Can't wait to see more

PHAHEEM

Thanks CHILD...your build thread is unbeatable!

Bought a whole bunch of new parts this week:

Interior pieces to replace my scratched/worn down pieces (center console, glove box, steering column cover)
NGK Spark Plugs, NGK Spark Plug Wires, Fram Fuel Filter
Leather w/ gray stitching shift boot and arm rest cover

Will post pics soon...

PHAHEEM

Replaced my shifter console and shift boot! Shift boot is leather with gray stitching (to match my interior), got it on eBay. It's pretty good quality.

Before...

After...

Got my NGK Sparks + Wires and Fram Fuel Filter in...that's going in this weekend

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Want to trade a center armrest for your "armrest delete?"

But car looks really good man. I love doing little things to the interior. The attention to detail on this build so far is amazing!

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
like the build so far(:

when i had my key cut buy the dealership it was jagged still they stamped it to make it

PHAHEEM

Want to trade a center armrest for your "armrest delete?"

But car looks really good man. I love doing little things to the interior. The attention to detail on this build so far is amazing!
Haha no...I have a DX so it came with the armrest delete, I've looked for nearly a year trying to find the right armrest and I finally found it a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the offer though. :D

A matching black leather w/ gray stitching cover is on its way for the lid too

Or are you saying you want my arm rest delete?

mymmeryloss said:
I would stray away from fram filters...
Why?

THEDARKONE said:
when I had my key cut by the dealership it was jagged still they stamped it to make it
Yeah I just took mine to a local locksmith, did it for $7 and 3 minutes. Home Depot couldn't do it.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha no...I have a DX so it came with the armrest delete, I've looked for nearly a year trying to find the right armrest and I finally found it a couple weeks ago. Thanks for the offer though. :D

A matching black leather w/ gray stitching cover is on its way for the lid too

Or are you saying you want my arm rest delete?
Yes. haha. I would like your arm rest delete. But I wanted to trade yours for mine. But since you have one already I guess, never mind. haha