96 Civic DX Sedan Build - PHAHEEM

PHAHEEM

Before...

After...DEPO Tail Lights!

Bought these on eBay for ~$70 from "Car Parts Innovate"...fitment is pretty good, and makes a night/day difference in appearance. Just need to buy some amber bulbs today.

These are next...

PHAHEEM

And this is something you've all got to do, if your car is your daily driver. I ordered the cover from eBay, and the seller is located in the United Kingdom! Nevertheless, it arrived within 10 days, and it's top quality leather. Even smells like fine leather.

Here's their eBay store: Top Gaiters Boots - Click Here

[No, they're not paying me a dime, but I like referring a solid quality product when I see one.]

Our current (stiff, uncomfortable, worn out) armrests:

Top Gaiter's premium leather cover - I opted for gray stitching to match my shift boot and interior...

Added an old sponge, to make it soft...

Final product:

PHAHEEM

It's been quite a week, made a lot of changes...

For starters, here's a small addition. I know everyone talks about how they're pointless, and especially on a D16Y7, blah blah blah...but it's my car. :beer:

Just need to secure the intake to the left side of the car tomorrow...

PHAHEEM

And for fun, threw in some LEDs in my reverse lights...also picked up a 48-LED board for my interior dome light! Pics coming soon on that...
And the guy who sold the LEDs to me, also threw in a free pair of LEDs for my license plate (pics also coming soon).

The LEDs are good quality and much better than some of the crap I've bought on eBay. They all fit snug into the housing and haven't caused any problems.

Those of you in Orange County, CA looking for a set, here's the contact info on the dude I bought them from. Really nice guy.
714-474-1141

PHAHEEM

Before:

After...

Best thing I've done yet.

Swapped both rails from my original seats into these. Fits perfect.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Man, you've given me a lot of ideas for my interior in this thread haha. That armrest cover is a MUST. Going to do that soon!

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
What kind of seats are those? How much did it cost you? Looks real nice! Need to do that to mines lol

PHAHEEM

TokyoSkies said:
Man, you've given me a lot of ideas for my interior in this thread haha. That armrest cover is a MUST. Going to do that soon!
Word. Remember to stick a sponge under it too, like I did. Makes the arm rest so much more useable and comfortable. The stock arm rest is just too damn stiff for daily driving.

And if you order from that company I referenced on eBay...just be patient, takes about 10 business days to arrive, but well worth the wait. The leather is really high quality...you can smell it lol

Wow! Impressive! Loven those seats!
Thanks!

kg562 said:
What kind of seats are those? How much did it cost you? Looks real nice! Need to do that to mines lol
Thanks man, the seats are from a '99 Integra GSR. Cost about $250 cash + 3 hours of cleaning/conditioning, and another 4 hours of swapping both rails from my stock seats. Well worth it though, best upgrade I've done yet.

PHAHEEM

This December I plan to fully Dynamat the entire car - the floor under the carpet, all 4 doors, roof, trunk. Really trying to make this car the most comfortable Civic DD ever.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Thanks man, the seats are from a '99 Integra GSR. Cost about $250 cash + 3 hours of cleaning/conditioning, and another 4 hours of swapping both rails from my stock seats. Well worth it though, best upgrade I've done yet.
so i gotta swap out the railings and get it from a integra? damn lol I thought it fit right in and had a good fit lol

This December I plan to fully Dynamat the entire car - the floor under the carpet, all 4 doors, roof, trunk. Really trying to make this car the most comfortable Civic DD ever.
thats what i need to do. Im trying to make my DD as comfortable as i can lol

PHAHEEM

so i gotta swap out the railings and get it from a integra? damn lol I thought it fit right in and had a good fit lol

thats what i need to do. Im trying to make my DD as comfortable as i can lol
You've got to take your rails off your OEM Civic seats, and bolt them onto the Integra seats. It's really not that hard - as soon as you do one seat, the other seat will take you ~15 mins.

Yeah man I've been doing a lot of research on Dynamat and people have great things to say about it, I just hope it has the desired effect on my Civic

PHAHEEM

Finally achieved what I intended with LEDs in my cluster - the full backlit look.

I bought these LEDs that have 3 SMDs rather than 1 on eBay. The 3 SMDs give it a broader/wider spectrum of light, similar to a filament bulb. So it's able to illuminate more.

There's a slight hot spot on the right, but doesn't bug me too much.

And for those of you following who may have seen my thread about a "new" way to install LEDs in your cluster - I replaced that piece of "tint" back into the cluster and stuck the single-SMD LEDs in the top/front of the cluster where there's 2 bulb housings.

Overall I'm happy with the final result. The needles are a little dim, but I prefer this look. Hopefully these LEDs are of good quality and don't burn my housing like the others did.

And...finally completed my tune-up supplies (new Fram fuel filter is on the right, didn't make it into the pic)...

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
loving how your cars coming out. how much did u pay for that AEM intake? and where did u buy it from?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Kg just buy a ebay cheap piece then a k&n filter if you really want one. Why did you get msd ignition cap?