96 Civic DX Sedan Build - PHAHEEM

PHAHEEM

Kg just buy a ebay cheap piece then a k&n filter if you really want one. Why did you get msd ignition cap?
Because I was doing a tune-up on my car - figured the MSD distributor cap would be a good alternative to the OEM or OEM replacement. Turns out I got the wrong one. Ended up using a Duralast Distributor Cap instead.

PHAHEEM

Let the retro fitting begin!
(Still need to order the ballasts, and a new pair of headlights to "bake" open, so it'll be a few weeks until I complete the install.)

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very cool where did you get those from? Ive always been so up in the air about it I wonder now hard it is to do the whole job. I hear the light quailty difference is amazing.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How much did you pay for your set up? and are you reusing the shrouds you have now?

PHAHEEM

How much did you pay for your set up? and are you reusing the shrouds you have now?
Total, it'll be about $260 for the complete kit - bulbs, ballasts, projectors, harnesses, shrouds.

I mistakenly ordered them separately, but they sell a complete kit with everything you need. Even though I ordered it separately, it came out to the same price.

I'll probably spend another ~$70 for a pair of aftermarket headlights from eBay that I'll use for my install. That way, if I make a mistake, I won't be ruining my OEM headlights that are in great condition.

PHAHEEM

So I officially have a Honda Civic with Xenon lights, Leather Seats, Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming, navigation (via my iPhone) and 35+ MPG. Who needs a new "modern" car?

:beer:

PHAHEEM

Here's the cut off from my xenon projectors from the Retrofit Source. I still think they may need some more adjusting...

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Clean build. Who was the seller on the shift boot? I haven't been able to find a decent shift boot.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

PHAHEEM

Clean build. Who was the seller on the shift boot? I haven't been able to find a decent shift boot.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
The seller is "speedmotoring". Just search for "Honda civic shift boot" on eBay and they should come up.

The shift boot I ordered from them is awesome; but later I ordered a shift knob that arrived with gashes, scuffs and scratches. They claimed to have never received the shift knob when I mailed it back. Had to dispute it with eBay. So buyer beware.