96 Civic DX Sedan Build - PHAHEEM

gnos402

I say alot of it is in the head unit but, peronally the jl component speakers are for me . I like that nice crisp sound Im sure them sonys will sound fine

PHAHEEM

Any speakers are a drastic improvement over the OEM speakers. As you can see I'm not adding an amp or sub so it doesn't matter. These Sonys were a great deal for what you get.

Here are the fronts:

Comparison:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Sony isn't that bad actually except for subs. Their subs suck major d**k. I have alpine type s in rear of mine speaking of need to mount them better and I have kickers in front with tweeters.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the same speakers

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are really clear. I like them. Not too much of a punch, but a lot of depth. You won't be missing out on any sounds that besides what should be played by a sub in the first place.

emerican

Registered VIP
there not my choice, but ive used Sony speakers before and never had any problems with them; however i do agree about there subs i have only owned one pair of Sony subs and they where horrible and messed up very quickly. and i take care of my stuff i didnt push to many watts everything was ran properly the subs where just made poorly.

PHAHEEM

Finally finished my Sound Deadening Project. Followed the examples in Sound Deadening Showdown as best I could. Started with a layer of Dynamat in the outer skin and inner skin, foam inside the doors, and Mass Loaded Vinyl on the inner skin.

Also laid Dynamat + Foam in the floor under the carpet.

The cabin is nearly dead silent now. When driving on the freeway @ 65 mph, I can barely hear the sound of an 18-wheeler driving next to me. Also, with my new speakers, the bass hits harder (without a sub), and the sound is overall crisp. It's amazing and it's really transformed the car.

I was also able to finally install my door panels after having wrapped the inserts in faux leather. It's really transformed the look and style of the cabin. Matches my black GSR leather seats.

On to the pics...

PHAHEEM

Been a while since I've posted any updates, so here goes.

Picked up a couple new items for my car: OEM style clear fog lights and an OEM antenna block off plate.

Bought the fogs from eBay for around $50 shipped, and I'm really impressed by the overall quality. The lenses are made of solid, thick glass and the housings seem to be good quality metal. I've done a bit of research and a lot of people complained about eBay fogs easily cracking (the lenses), but I find it hard to believe that these will easily crack. Time will tell though...

Also bought the OEM antenna block off plate from eBay for about $7 shipped. I eventually plan to dynamat/sound proof the roof of my car, install map lights from an Integra, steam clean the headliner, and install an antenna in-between the headliner and roof to eliminate the dated antenna stemming from the A-pillar.

Gotta find the time to install these though, so it may be a short while before I make any progress.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome, i got the same fogs but in yellow...:thumbup:

PHAHEEM

Nice pick up man, not sure to comment here or on HT but regardless.
Thanks!

Yeah I run my build thread in here and on HT...I like it here because its civic-centric but HT has a lot more traffic, and they have a million-page thread just about 96-00 sedans

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I put my dynamat in my car but im having trouble with the trip pieces fitting back on because of the added mass under the carpet. what did you do about that?

PHAHEEM

So I put my dynamat in my car but im having trouble with the trip pieces fitting back on because of the added mass under the carpet. what did you do about that?
I really didn't have any problems with the trim pieces for the floor. In fact I think I had more room to spare for the floor lol. If I ran into issues, I'd just apply more pressure to get the trim to fit

BrandonTCanada

awesome build, great attention to detail and i loved that you knew exactly what you wanted and never had to redo or go back and replace anything. sad that im done reading it though:(