mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When are u gonna put on some mud tires?

gnos402

Agreed on the seats they look very nice everything is contrasting so well GREAT JOB!!!!

Im doing the same going with stock drivtrain for mpg great for long work hauls>

PHAHEEM

I've been wanting to wrap/replace my door panel inserts to match my GSR leather seats and I finally got around to it today.

Bought some faux leather fabric from Joann Fabrics (and used a 40% off coupon from their website) along with a can of Loctite spray adhesive. Total cost (2 yards of fabric + adhesive = ~$20).

Took me all day to do this, but I wanted to do it right the first time because its not everyday you remove your door panels. I haven't installed them on the car yet because I'm waiting for my door lock actuators to arrive in the mail. I want to install those along with some Dynamat and sound deadener before I replace the panels.

Old panels:

PHAHEEM

looks pretty good man
how long did it take you just curious
It took me a full day to complete. from about 12p - 2am, with breaks in between. Like everything else, once you figure out and complete one of them, the rest are really easy to do. So after the first panel, I could've knocked out the other 3 in just a few more hours. But for me, I had to make sure the job I did was as perfect as possible.

It's not everyday that you take off your door panels, and it definitely isn't everyday that I can devote this much time to it. So I figured - if I'm going to do it, I've got to do it right, the first time.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lovin the retrofit. Mini H1 I presume? It looks like the the driver side shield needs adjusting because your cutoff looks really awkward... Notice how it's more blurry than the passenger side and it flares up in the middle? That'll happen if the shield isn't sitting properly. Mine does the same thing except on the passenger side but I've taken the headlight apart over a dozen times and I'm sick of tired of adjusting it lol.

PHAHEEM

Lovin the retrofit. Mini H1 I presume? It looks like the the driver side shield needs adjusting because your cutoff looks really awkward... Notice how it's more blurry than the passenger side and it flares up in the middle? That'll happen if the shield isn't sitting properly. Mine does the same thing except on the passenger side but I've taken the headlight apart over a dozen times and I'm sick of tired of adjusting it lol.
Yeah, it may need adjusting. But like you said, I've made adjustments so many times now that I'm kinda sick of doing it lol. I've adjusted my cutoff since that last pic and I'm happy with it for now, so I'm going to leave it as is.

And yeah they're mini H1 5.0

PHAHEEM

A little bit of sound proofing: added 1" thick high-density foam to the inside of the door panels. Then I'm also adding Dynamat extreme to the inner door skins. Really trying to make it a comfortable daily driver...

PHAHEEM

Plasti-Dip Trials...

So I experimented a bit with some black plasti-dip, painted the door-pull black, along with the door-handle housing. Now that I've got this gray/black scheme going on, I want to get some more contrasting pieces without looking ricey but making it look OEM - as if it came from the factory like that.

Let me know what you guys think! (these were just trials, so don't mind the crappy coats of paint)

gnos402

I think your doing a great job on the interior. Looking back at some of your pics and Im pretty sure that the people you bought the center cover from make a cover with gray stitch for the ebrake also.Personally I think black with black stitch to match the seats and inserts plus would be leaning more towards your oem look!!!

PHAHEEM

I think your doing a great job on the interior. Looking back at some of your pics and Im pretty sure that the people you bought the center cover from make a cover with gray stitch for the ebrake also.Personally I think black with black stitch to match the seats and inserts plus would be leaning more towards your oem look!!!
Thanks man I'll look into that! I've been looking for a place that does quality e-brake boots