96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you much sir. I'm still saving for a new suspension, I'm doing my best but it always seems like the money has to go elsewhere.

Blakej8

I am gonna follow you for sure! You child and I rocking about with the sir lip and function form coils! plus Crash! lol! It makes me happy seeing all the people with function and forms. They are great!:D

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am gonna follow you for sure! You child and I rocking about with the sir lip and function form coils! plus Crash! lol! It makes me happy seeing all the people with function and forms. They are great!:D
Awesome dood! as highly as you, and everyone else speak of them, im definately going to hold out for them, my build thread is slow right now.. it slows down in mid summer and holidays (extra cash flow) cause of the work load at our facility. thank you for your support blake, get some pics up of your car and make a thread!=)

Blakej8

Awesome dood! as highly as you, and everyone else speak of them, im definately going to hold out for them, my build thread is slow right now.. it slows down in mid summer and holidays (extra cash flow) cause of the work load at our facility. thank you for your support blake, get some pics up of your car and make a thread!=)
lol! It would be the slowest build thread ever because I do not plan on swapping or doing much to my d16y8... just yet at least... but I could post up some pics just gotta get a flickr or something to post from. Sad news is my tires didn't come in for my rims so I am still waiting to fit them up and get them on. I could post a pic up for fun though.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah dood I don't care if you wanna post pics of your car up on my thread! The more the merrier, it is a civic site ya know? Lol, and your wheels too!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice stat man wow ur paint looks really good. i didnt know waxing could make it look like you just painted it.

Blakej8

pics will come soon just might start a slow build like a few others and ill try to post pics a tad more frequent than i build haha. just working on the fitment. oh and there is no way to stay slammed and keep the plastic well in the fenders with a 15x8 unless you have like no tire at all. or just don't dump it. :roll: however the rear fender pull for me is giving some trouble. something will pop up soon so be on the look out. :D

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice stat man wow ur paint looks really good. i didnt know waxing could make it look like you just painted it.
Thank you , but I also clay bared the paint then buffed I before I hand waxed it
It had been sitting in the sun baking. Before I got it. Not much to update, I'm busy with work and training
So as soon as I finish paying for the car in he next few weeks I'll be getting those new ff type 1s I've been waiting on. Still looks the same but I left the spoiler factory without the lift.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pics will come soon just might start a slow build like a few others and ill try to post pics a tad more frequent than i build haha. just working on the fitment. oh and there is no way to stay slammed and keep the plastic well in the fenders with a 15x8 unless you have like no tire at all. or just don't dump it. :roll: however the rear fender pull for me is giving some trouble. something will pop up soon so be on the look out. :D
Deffinately man, I hope your build is going. Egged than mine, I'm at a dead standstill till I get it paid off in the next couple weeks.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^LOL, its real special ! i ordered it last week, didnt update cause i didnt have the time, tracking info says it should be here 2mrw, the other non car related thing was a new volcom jacket :p

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You guys and your red hatches, makes me wanna buy one so bad XD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was on the way to work out and run when the package arrived, but heres some more of the goodness!

i ordered the types 1's, from what ive heard and researched they are the best bang for the buck. i dont intend to drive slammed till spring when i get some new wheels.. but i will be lowwwww lol! its deffinately gonna be a HUGE upgrade to my wore out shocks with tein s-techs. the s-techs are kinda soft, plus with no damping on my 60+ mile commute to work 6 days a week, i cant drive very fast on these mountain roads without things getting sketchy. OMG im so glad i was patient and saved.. the quality right out of the box is very impressive, and its just a direct bolt in installation. im going to have to wait till tonite when i get home to install them, i wont have time before work. I'm sure Ill be chomping at the bit through work today.. CANT FREAKIN WAIT!!!!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You guys and your red hatches, makes me wanna buy one so bad XD
i absolutely love my car to death. i was test driving other cars to get as a daily and to put money in my hatch, but i decided against it. i can do a rolling resto and make way more progress. im just sketched out on the way to work, cause everyone drives duallies and huge ford trucks, and they will run over you up up the mountain. everyone is so impatient driving in my town, they race from light to light and brake HARD to stop.. i just cruise through and light changes before i have to full stop because i do the speed limit, everyone else has to brake so hard and NO ONE USES INDICATORS when turning. its the most redneck s**t ive ever seen. leave the county and its a night and day difference.. but i guess that the redneck capital is stereotypically correct seeing as how i live in the birthplace of nascar.. everyone thinks they are racecar drivers..

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I've already got two project cars, neither of which is anywhere near done. But it's nice that the 91 can be at the body shop for almost two months now and I still have another one to drive. I feel you about the trucks. I live right off I-94 between Chicago and Detroit and the big rig traffic is ridiculous sometimes. It's much scarier in the 91, it's lower to the ground by a good bit, but I'm used to staring into the tailpipes of other cars lol