96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just remember FnF is set to the lowest recommended height out of the box . They can go lower but then you're testing the integrity of the coilover.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
okay dood! i set them up to about an inch gap over the front and rear, i raised it from the pre-set height, its way lower than the s-techs, but its not slammed. looks clean! lol, i went to have it aligned this morning and the place was full of retards, they had to do it twice cause they were rushing the new guy, and some dumb older redneck that drove a 90 intergra with a rattle can paint job and fiberglass fast and furious bodykit, WITH louvered fenders, came up and looked at my blox control arms and said "man at is wat it is, ey' aint no rear camber adjustments, it cant be adjusted," it was close to closing, so my camber is off in the back, tho i have rear kit, and they didnt adjust my front or rear toe. they wanted to get me outta there, they aligned it with the steering wheel crooked first, and they all came and tried to point out how my stuff wasnt right. f**king RETARDS. i paid 70 bucks for crap. im taking it to the ford dealership monday morning bright and early. ill have pics up just dont have time before work, i was up till 4:45 this morning tweaking. i think i did a damn good job. intial installation was smooth as s**t. and they ride very well, much stiffer. but my steering is weird due to front toe out.

CJBankai

that sucks man, having awful experiences at shops like that is why my friends and i just try to do as much as we can ourselves. unfortunately we still have to deal with awful shops to align.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hope I get things worked out.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn. It baffles me how people can get a tech job and not understand how things work.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I've already got two project cars, neither of which is anywhere near done. But it's nice that the 91 can be at the body shop for almost two months now and I still have another one to drive. I feel you about the trucks. I live right off I-94 between Chicago and Detroit and the big rig traffic is ridiculous sometimes. It's much scarier in the 91, it's lower to the ground by a good bit, but I'm used to staring into the tailpipes of other cars lol
i love the good ol' boy bad asses that ride your ass down the straights in their jacked up trucks, with the headlights eye level, reflecting directly back into your eyes. then as soon as you corner you leave them by 3 car lengths, hear the turbo spool, and they attatched to your bumper when it straightens out again. i dont mean to complain so much, but i dont have any import enthusiasts to vent to, so i do it here cause you guys know where im coming from lol.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I ORDERED SOMETHING TODAY!!! i paid some bills and had alittle left for spending, so i gots me another part for my jelly bean! also heres a pic of the racing jack i got from harbor freight, works like a champ! i highly recommend one, made the suspension swap a breeze, and some pics from yesterday.

heres some pics of mine and some friends yesterday, we had a "car wash meet" and small cruise in town. it was fun.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks you guys! actually i bought the car salvaged cause it was broken into and had to fix alot of things on it to get it to this point, the paint was actually in good shape just a little dull, so when i got the car one of the first things i did was claybar the paint, polished it with mothers polish compound and a polish wheel, then hand waxed it with mothers carnuba cleaner wax and polish, it comes in the tin shoe polish like can. i got all these items at walmart.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh, the part i ordered was on backorder, gonna have to wait 8-10 days, then they will ship... patience is the most valuable skill utilized in any car project.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
altezza tail lights!

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ they add 10hp so there performance and looks. Not to mention aerodynamics and light weight ;)

Op I did the same thing as u, accept I use Beaty shine for my wax. It's amazing how a little TLC can bring back an old paint job so much. I wax my cars twice a month.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
altezza tail lights!
BAAHAHAHA yes!!! i dont know, i think some ppl say that 00 lights are just as cool, but i dont care, though its a 96. thats like saying dood keep it y7 cause its a cx, dont swap the motor.

sent you a message on FB regarding a part out request!

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ they add 10hp so there performance and looks. Not to mention aerodynamics and light weight ;)

Op I did the same thing as u, accept I use Beaty shine for my wax. It's amazing how a little TLC can bring back an old paint job so much. I wax my cars twice a month.
thats awesome! i know right? but i wax mine once every 8 weeks, unless you buy a new applicator and micro fiber towel to hand buff the wax off, that often can lead to tiny spider web swirlly scratches. imho.:P