96romaCX CIVIC hatchback BUILD THREAD

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go 30 but a 25 wouldn't be much harder to fit. I think it would fit with a roll only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okey dokey, I guess I'll go +30, your right though, in the pic that looks like a very mild fitment adjustment. I think the +30 will look juuuust right lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, I'm just going to try and re flare my lines, after a cool head and re thinking it through, I'm just going to order a new prop valve and try to fix the lines before making new ones since I already routed and installed them before I put the suspension/brakes in when it was easier. Also ordering EM1 e brake cables and a new hood latch cable!! :rolf:

That's what I would do if you have enough length left to do it

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was really bored today so I removed my broken hood cable and the hood latch mechanism, I cleaned the mechanism up and re greased it, came out pretty good. A lot cheaper than buying a new one !

Ballin on a budget!

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Keep in mind that the car you posted probably has at least 205, maybe 225, r comps which in those sizes tend to be a bit wider than what a regular summer tire, like the sdrives, would be in the same size. R comps have very stiff and meaty sidewalls sometimes resulting in being slightly wider than what a typical tire in the same size. With the roll that you've done and the sdrives in a +30 offset, the tires should be pretty flush with the fenders. If it isn't exactly what you want, some small spacers would easily get you there.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very true, 3 and 5mm spacers are cheap and can run stock lugs

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Keep in mind that the car you posted probably has at least 205, maybe 225, r comps which in those sizes tend to be a bit wider than what a regular summer tire, like the sdrives, would be in the same size. R comps have very stiff and meaty sidewalls sometimes resulting in being slightly wider than what a typical tire in the same size. With the roll that you've done and the sdrives in a +30 offset, the tires should be pretty flush with the fenders. If it isn't exactly what you want, some small spacers would easily get you there.
Very true, 3 and 5mm spacers are cheap and can run stock lugs

Sweet ass!!! Thanks guys again! I always thought you would need extended studs for ANY spacer! I'm gonna get +30 and run 5mm spacers in the front for a reverse stagger!!!! It would be just enough and still be moderately subtle!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet ass!!! Thanks guys again! I always thought you would need extended studs for ANY spacer! I'm gonna get +30 and run 5mm spacers in the front for a reverse stagger!!!! It would be just enough and still be moderately subtle!

I would get them and see how they fit first. Unless you are looking an exact fitment the 5mm might not be worth it

And imo reverse stagger looks kinda stupid

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe that hatch you posted is on a BBK as well and that changes things. Like my small bbk, I got an extra +6mm outwards with the new brakes. Made my old +25 wheels sit like +19 15x8s.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would get them and see how they fit first. Unless you are looking an exact fitment the 5mm might not be worth it

And imo reverse stagger looks kinda stupid

Those are big ass tires
I believe that hatch you posted is on a BBK as well and that changes things. Like my small bbk, I got an extra +6mm outwards with the new brakes. Made my old +25 wheels sit like +19 15x8s.
Okay, I see. That's why they would be reverse stagger to serve a purpose for clearance and not just for looks lol. I just they the +30 and ride them as they are.

I will have to adjust the center bore. Its 54.1, so I need to remove 2mm to make them hi centric to my civic. I thought of just boring them out myself or having a machine shop do it, but that might be expensive for such a small task.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can't you just get some hub centric rings? I had some on an old set of wheels for my 5th gen.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Boring is not a great idea. It weakens the wheel immensely

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The wheels hub is hub centric to a miata, 54.1mm. I'm going to remove enough material to make it hub centric to my civic, 56.1mm. It's actually smaller than my hub is now, so I wouldn't be able to fit any rings there to make it work. I had rings on my old set, they were center bore 73.1mm and the rings were 73.1 to 56.1. I didn't think that removing that little of material would hurt them seeing that the +38mm offset Option I had, was a 73.1mm center bore to accommodate a larger range of vehicles. But I could be wrong, it shouldnt really weaken it if the center bore will still be less than one of the factory options available? I've read on honda tech the do this all the time in the kosei thread.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The wheels hub is hub centric to a miata, 54.1mm. I'm going to remove enough material to make it hub centric to my civic, 56.1mm. It's actually smaller than my hub is now, so I wouldn't be able to fit any rings there to make it work. I had rings on my old set, they were center bore 73.1mm and the rings were 73.1 to 56.1. I didn't think that removing that little of material would hurt them seeing that the +38mm offset Option I had, was a 73.1mm center bore to accommodate a larger range of vehicles. But I could be wrong, it shouldnt really weaken it if the center bore will still be less than one of the factory options available? I've read on honda tech the do this all the time in the kosei thread.

They do make some that bolt right up to civics I'm pretty sure. The few people I know with them didn't have to bore them

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Right, those are the same ones I had before. I want to get the miata spec offset sizeing and they are only offered in that hub bore, being they are specifically miata spec track wheels.

Just 2 mm... :rolf:

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Right, those are the same ones I had before. I want to get the miata spec offset sizeing and they are only offered in that hub bore, being they are specifically miata spec track wheels.

Just 2 mm... :rolf:

Well in that case I'd just get a small spacer. 2mm isn't worth having to bore the wheel out imo.

But it's your car

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm... Not a bad idea bro.. Thanks man

To be honest I was just going to put a carbide on the 90 degree and go around it 2 or three times

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm... Not a bad idea bro.. Thanks man

To be honest I was just going to put a carbide on the 90 degree and go around it 2 or three times

Yeah I wouldn't do it that way, it won't be a perfect circle. You would be better off having it not touch at all and letting the lugs center it at that point

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotcha. I may have them machined, I won't rule it out untill I get a price quote at least.