98 sedan bucket!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn bro that came out awesome, if I could get some pointers from you or some links to sites you read from that'd be awesome. Well truthfully i'm just worried about the prepping and bondoing, how exactly did you go about that? Did u sand all the way down to bare metal before bondo?

Anyway I say paint the sides under the hood, great friggin job man, looks awesome !

2000HondaCivic

Man looking at this project through all the stages is givin me the itch to start workin on my civic again....im actually about to move to a house with a garage finally, so the mayhem will soon begin lol...but ya man good work i love seein people fix up mistreated civics, gives me hope for the scene

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol @ the painted muffler, but hey on your budget you did great!

Trekk

Registered VIP
Well about the muffler its stainless so a razer will clean it up in 2 seconds, but i dont want it anyways. It will make it's way to the trash before to long. As for overspray the only things that have it are stuff i'm trashing anyways. However if you do not tape every seem and crack that s**t will find its way in, so buy lots of tape lol.

As for the bondo I just scuffed up the paint with some ruff and paper, I think it was like 400grit wood sandpaper. You don't want to sand down to bare metal unless you really have too, but the sort of depends on who you ask, the older school guys would go down to the metal, bond, then prime and paint over it. New school people suggest "if" you go down to the metal to epoxy the metal, bondo, epoxy over the bondo, then prime and paint. Anytime you have bare metal the best thing to do is epoxy it.

I'll tell you one thing, silver is a mofo to paint over, it hides sooooooo many dents, dings, and what not. I just went ghetto and used the free paint sticks from homedepot to sort of block out the car, in a cross hatch pattern. I just sanded the car down with 500 grit (you can use 1k) since the paint was funky and 1/2 rattle can silver. Then scrubed the car a few times over with a 3m maroon pad and soapy (dawn) water. This is where it gets tricky and you need to focus. You need to start at one end of the car and scub or sand every edge around the doors, fenders, gas tank cover, gaskets and so on if you want the paint to stick in the corners. Take your time cause its easy to get bored and lose track of what you did and didnt do.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Hers a pick to show I'm not using camera tricks to make it look better then it really is, like lots of the rattle can guys do. no wax! Iphone pic!

Strait SS paint, no clear.

Trekk

Registered VIP
First coat of clear on. Strait out of the gun, untouched!
I'm getting better at shooting with each attempt, and have lots of fun, I want to paint more things! lol
$9 gun ftw!

The car has a nice glass look to it now, the pic wasn't so great casue it was overcast.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Almost ready to roll.... Just been looking for a decent set of used rims to paint match to the car, but no luck at all... Sort of taking forever because I work 6 days a week pretty much from sun up to sun down. On the 7th day i'm in school lol.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Before and afters! from rattle can hood and bumper to real paint.

My ebay fake lip, works ok, but the fit was s***ty as hell. I used rivits on it to make it fit better, and make it harder for some ass hat to take.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice project man. looks much better than when you started.

Trekk

Registered VIP
what size rims are u looking for
Been looking for 15 16 or 17's but all the local honda kinds are little poor ass bitches they only want to trade rims lol. Cash is no good in honda world, you have to have something else to barter with. :???:

I might just buy something new, I just wanted something to roll around on for now, but it's been months and I've had no luck finding anything but GSR blades that someone was willing to sell.

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
Looks good man! I got dings and dents on my car that need to be taken care of still. I'm working on electronics and motor first though. No need for a flashy SLOW car...hahaha it's a Civic...I have a 99 EX that I'm looking to get some rims for on the cheap too. No luck yet, but still lookin'!

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
Looks good man! I got dings and dents on my car that need to be taken care of still. I'm working on electronics and motor first though. No need for a flashy SLOW car...hahaha it's a Civic...I have a 99 EX that I'm looking to get some rims for on the cheap too. No luck yet, but still lookin'!
And I'm a true believer in rattle can specials! Ghetto as it may be, yes, but I matte blacked my stock Honda wheel covers cuz I think it looks better than just straight steelies!