amej8's is-this-even-considered-a-build thread?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
glad to hear that you were able to get the lip to bend back to normal. I was getting worried for a second..!

Looks like things are going well for ya man. I'm looking forward to the new pics

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my mugen lip I bought that was poly was a pain the ass to get straight..it still isnt straighten all the way...eh

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Parts are looking good, I have the Tokico Ilumina shocks on my car and I like them alot, you will. They can be stiff, but also real easy to soften. I had gotten a poly lip from JDMshit.com a while back and it was folded in half and as soon as I took it out of the box it popped into shape with no crease, but it seems a few people have had problems with that. Can't wait to see the car with all these parts on.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dang I just realized that you went with the sportlines instead of the prokits. Nice.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
omg no, puke.

white rims are awesome and all, dont get me wrong.

but Si's and blades need to stay the OEM polished finish, or repolished, they look terrible otherwise...
Eh. Si's definitely need to stay polished. I haven't seen a car that is able to pull them off painted. Blades I kinda like white. There was a car on here that had white blades. They were SUPER clean. I kinda liked it.

tiny springs haha.
Yeah I thought they'd be a little bigger too haha.

glad to hear that you were able to get the lip to bend back to normal. I was getting worried for a second..!

Looks like things are going well for ya man. I'm looking forward to the new pics
Yeah I was worried too. I thought I bought an ABS one but I guess I was wrong :what:. It bent back real easy with just 5 minutes with a hair dryer.

my mugen lip I bought that was poly was a pain the ass to get straight..it still isnt straighten all the way...eh
Yeah you wouldn't even know mine was shipped bent. It looks 100% fine. Except the middle underneath the lip is all wavy :???:. Can't see it when it's mounted but still looks weird.

Parts are looking good, I have the Tokico Ilumina shocks on my car and I like them alot, you will. They can be stiff, but also real easy to soften. I had gotten a poly lip from JDMshit.com a while back and it was folded in half and as soon as I took it out of the box it popped into shape with no crease, but it seems a few people have had problems with that. Can't wait to see the car with all these parts on.
Mine didn't pop back into shape but it looks like it was never bent :what:. Can't wait to put these on either :cool:.

nice parts man

Dang I just realized that you went with the sportlines instead of the prokits. Nice.
Haha :thumbup:. I wanted the bigger drop. After talking to Evan about his pro-kits, I forgot he had Koni Yellows and he had it on the lowest setting perch so it dropped a lil more than the pro-kits actually do. Plus, I wanted to go for a lower look but not be tucking at the same time.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Pic of the lip test fitted :thumbup:. After thinking about it, I might have to get it painted :lol:. It does look quite a bit more flat than the rest of my front end.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats looks great man..! Glad to see you finally mod this thing :thumbup:

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
any engine plans? Because I heard you're at about 195k or such, correct?

This thing will come out nicely done.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing for engine for now. I wanted to get suspension done and out of the way.

However, there's a local guy selling a JDM OBDI B16A with 75k. Comes with everything except mounts and shift linkage and is asking 1500. Has between 72 and 75k. I can't afford it now but if I could, I would've gone for it.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nothing for engine for now. I wanted to get suspension done and out of the way.

However, there's a local guy selling a JDM OBDI B16A with 75k. Comes with everything except mounts and shift linkage and is asking 1500. Has between 72 and 75k. I can't afford it now but if I could, I would've gone for it.
wouldnt new york throw a s**t fit because of the obd1 conversion?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that lip is CLOSE to the fog covers....

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
post all your pics on the first page please, i hate browsing through 9 pages to see a total of three pics scattered throughout! but im glad to see your showing your car some love finally!

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^word

i was going back and forth for half an hour on here last night :lol:

i remember you never wanted to do a drop, and if you did you said you'd only get the prokit, which is not even a drop. good s**t :thumbs up

Isn't emission laws really stict in NY?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wouldnt new york throw a s**t fit because of the obd1 conversion?
I have my connections on being able to pass ;).

Damn that lip is CLOSE to the fog covers....
Yeah it is. I was surprised too. Oh well... I'm gonna get an OEM Si later on when I can afford it.

Eventually I'm going to bondo / repaint my front bumper, replace the hood, get work done on one of the fenders (has a few dents), get a new rear bumper or fix that dent, etc. This'll be over the years though. I'll probably end up storing this car away in a few years once I get a real job and can afford a brand new car. Just make it a project car or something.

Can't wait to see some pics of your car dropped.
Same. I'm goin to my buddy's house by 9am to tear it all apart and get going. I'll try to get pics of the process but can't promise. I'll be too excited I'll most likely forget :rolf:.

post all your pics on the first page please, i hate browsing through 9 pages to see a total of three pics scattered throughout! but im glad to see your showing your car some love finally!
Too lazy :rolf:. Once the car gets dropped, I'll just make a whole new thread on every picture in this thread including new pictures of the car dropped.

^word

i was going back and forth for half an hour on here last night :lol:

i remember you never wanted to do a drop, and if you did you said you'd only get the prokit, which is not even a drop. good s**t :thumbs up

Isn't emission laws really stict in NY?
amej8 said:
I have my connections on being able to pass ;).
;)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Found my next mod:

Placed the order about 10 minutes ago. Should have them by next Friday at the latest since he got his within 4 business days. FINALLY an alternative to CTR-look-a-like pedals! I've been wanting pedals like these since I got my car.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea b/c those shiny pedals add what, 25hp? :lol: