OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I'm jealous, I wish I had a WRX!
you've been saying that for years now victor. they're dropping in price quite dramatically now that they've passed the 10+ year mark. make it happen buddy!

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you've been saying that for years now victor. they're dropping in price quite dramatically now that they've passed the 10+ year mark. make it happen buddy!
I know I've been saying it. But if I get myself a WRX, I'd get an 04-05. They're still just a bit out of my price range....kind of. I JUST got myself out of car payments about a month ago....I don't feel like going back. I did the math, I've got at least 3 years with the Miata before I'll need a car that can handle the winter time. Until then I'm going to enjoy it. Once that time comes, I'll have the money for a WRX, and I'll DEFINITELY invest in one :twisted:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i hear ya buddy. definitely enjoy the miata, especially since autoX season is afoot again. I'd love to buy one since day, i could really use a lightweight FR car in my life to help me get over this driving skill wall.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
picked up a pair of 04-05 taillights over the weekend. Rear end is looking much better again. I still need to figure out what lighting pattern looks best. What do you guys think? i'd love to hear some opinions.

B = Brake Light - Lights up only when brakes are engaged
P = Parking Light - Lights up with headlights
PB = Dual Filament Parking & Brake Light - Lights up with headlights and gets brighter when brakes are engaged

B-P-(PB) - inners + centers lit while driving - all lights lit under braking, (centers remain same brightness)

B-PB-(P) - same as above, but the centers get brighter under braking, rather than the inners

P-B-(PB) - inners + outers lit while driving - all lights lit under braking (outers remain same brightness)

PB-B-(P) - same as above, but the outers get brighter under braking, rather than the inners.

B-*-(PB) - inners lit while driving - inners and outers lit under braking (centers always unlit)

i think this looks good but i don't like the idea of losing two lights when braking.

Stock layout is PB-P-(B) - outers + centers lit while driving - all lit under braking (centers remain same brightness)

I suppose I could get more creative if I did some splicing and rewiring. Any ideas or suggestions? Let me know what you think looks best.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
second pic the last one is clean but looks like you have some bulbs out

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not entirely sure of all the choices but i'd go with top one of those 3 pictures. looks like it would work the best

JDM 94 EG Hatch

Initial D
Registered VIP
damn, just went thru this thread page to page. you got a very nice subie there. very jelly. of course when i grow out of my ae86 phase i think i know where to look. hmmm. IMO blobeyes are sexy too but this bugeye is changing the game for me lol.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
thanks for the opinions guys, I really appreciate it. I took a look at the wiring this morning and with some simple 3-way splicing (or I could use a t-tap connector) I should be able to get all the bulbs to light up when the brakes are engaged. turns out the P bulb is a dual filament that's prewired for rear fogs, so I could tap into that connection and use it as a brake light. it's handy having an extra set of tails to test things out on.

as sexy as just the circles lit up is, they may not be bright enough to stay safe. first photo circles + middles is probably what I'll end up doing. I might cut the parking light wire on the center bulb and crimp on some quick disconnects to make it "circles only" if i'm parked somewhere with lights on. Wiring it to a switch would be even better but i'm too lazy to route wiring into the cabin lol

Do you guys think this is a sound plan or am I being stupid for even considering using t-taps and quick disconnects?

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn, just went thru this thread page to page. you got a very nice subie there. very jelly. of course when i grow out of my ae86 phase i think i know where to look. hmmm. IMO blobeyes are sexy too but this bugeye is changing the game for me lol.
Thanks buddy, I really appreciate it. The body's a mess with hail damage, fender damage, etc but I can deal with that lol. she is a ten year old car after all! I used to love the blobeyes, but now they look a bit chunky to me.

Honestly I don't think you'll grow out of the corolla. It's a fun car. My friend Joh has one that underwent an sr5 to gt-s conversion. Now he's got another swap in the works. The 4age was a nice improvement but he wasn't satisfied.

I just skimmed thru the thread again... Boy do I miss that silver bugeye. She was in pristine shape before the accident... Now she's almost completely stripped and relegated to holding beers and hockey sticks at my buddy's shop.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i also went through the whole thread. dont think i ever saw it since i wasnt around much.

i picked the top one cause it looked like the cleanest and easiest to see for other people

as long as u do a good job with the wires i would think they'd be fine. depends how much they get jiggled around. i suck at soldering though

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm out of practice so i'll solder some random wires for a bit before i do the actual ones lol

just curious, did any of you shed a tear when you saw the silver car get totaled? i still do when i see the pics :(
u know, i never actually posted much in here about the actual mods on the blue car. maybe i should make some posts about that sometime...

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tbh i didnt even know u owned another subie ;) it does look sad and the story about all the other cars getting smashed from a shitty dodge was sad.

wtb hatchie!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Whats next anf?
Maintenance for now. She's at that age where a lot needs replacing. New clutch, throw out bearing, and tires are at the top of my list right now. Well, after I rewire these tail lights, that is. Possibly a lighter flywheel if I can get a good deal on one. I also need to replace some failing parts, such as a front swaybar endlink, front and rear shifter bushings, parking brake springs, and other minor things. I should also be rerouting my boost gauge plumbing and figuring out where to mount it. I also needto replace my battery cable as well as get a new battery. This one is a bit leaky at the positive connector (lots of buildup on the post after cleaning).

Also on the list is finding a low side aircon line from an sti to replace my broken one. the sti line extends a bit further and should clear the tmic. I'm also getting close to t-belt, water pump, thermostat, v-belt, and pulley replacement time. Maybe I can hold off for another year. (car has 138k right now and all that had been replaced at 60k by the previous owner - they generally have a 100k mile lifespan)

Oh, and a retune after the clutch is broken in!

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
It's funny, I never post what i'm doing to the car in subie forums, but I go in great detail here. I just feel more at home here I guess.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]