any ps3 owners on here?

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1st. No s**t Sherlock, you figure that out for yourself? ;)
forget the fact that it's mentioned atleast 5 times someone brings up the game, it's kinda in the name.... "prologue" as in a "prologue" to gt5

2nd, it's more than it's content. it's the shitty layout, shitty controls, and none-to-spectacular graphics.
That's what happens when they take 5+ years to make a game. You get a game based off of programming techniques from 5 years ago with a bunch of newer patches trying to bring it up to date.. and the f**ker still hasnt hit the shelves yet.

GT5 and FFXIII are going to be disappointing. They always are when it takes this long.
Dont you think they've been waiting this long so they can get the best game out there? lol, and as for the game, the inside driver view and online game is what the prologue brought new to the gt series. From your opinions, I can assume they come from you playing the game no more than an hour, so its hard for someone to judge a "demo" if they can't actually experience playing in first.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Yes, you sir are correct. Yet people who are true fans of racing will know its worth the buy.
I got it for free and still feel ripped off... and that is coming from a die-hard GT fan

if prologue is any indication, then gt5 will be the bastard of the series.

Dont you think they've been waiting this long so they can get the best game out there?
That's always the goal, it's never the result.
For the reasons i've already listed, games that are in development too long always suffer
It will be outdated before it's even released.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got it for free and still feel ripped off... and that is coming from a die-hard GT fan

if prologue is any indication, the gt5 will be the bastard of the series.
Same for me

Forza 3 is suppose to have 400 cars from 50 manufactures and over 100 real life tracks. So its shaping up.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

if prologue is any indication, the gt5 will be the bastard of the series.
Its going to be a lot similar to GT4 than the prologue, with the nurburing track and others, and the abundant of cars. If that's what you like then you'll like GT5.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's always the goal, it's never the result.
For the reasons i've already listed, games that are in development too long always suffer
It will be outdated before it's even released.
I guess its going to be a "wait and see" type of deal, I personally believe it will be the best racing game ever.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Its going to be a lot similar to GT4 than the prologue, with the nurburing track and others, and the abundant of cars. If that's what you like then you'll like GT5.
What you're saying is based on hopes and gorilla dust, nothing more.

Prologue is literally the "prologue" to gt5. It is GT5 lite so to speak.
It is an overpriced preview of what is to come... And, sadly, what to come will be sub-par

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the one thing about GT5P that i was disappointed in was the tuning. quicktune leaves a lot to be desired (all u get to play with is power, weight, ride height, spring/shock bound and rebound, four wheel alignment, and gearset. i wish polyphony would bring back the GT2 tuning options.

Zee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What you're saying is based on hopes and gorilla dust, nothing more.

Prologue is literally the "prologue" to gt5. It is GT5 lite so to speak.
It is an overpriced preview of what is to come... And, sadly, what to come will be sub-par
I guess so

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, I got another ps3 today.... used 60gig

I think i'm going to send it to my girl in boston as a late birthday gift, either that, or sell it and buy some marijuana to celebrate
aw, what a nice bf!. how much did you get if for? wish i could help you celebrate. :Raza:
my girl bought me skate2 when it came out, cool game :thumbup: ever since tony hawk pro staker 3, there hasn't been a good skating game till Ea snapped, imo

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mmmm blu ray in 1080p.... I love it

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
yeah, it's delicious!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I scanned the thread and also did a thread search, but didn't come up with anything.

Any of you guys ever upgrade your HDD? I am getting really close to capacity on my 60GB model. I only have around 4GB of memory left.

A google search found that it is a VERY easy job. Those that have done it, what drives did you use? WD? Seagate? Any bad things to look out for?

Also where do I back up my current HDD to? I have 2 external drives for my laptop, but they both have stuff on them and can't format them because of this reason. I guess the only thing that I really want to shift over would be the games, game saves, and videos. I am assuming that the trophies won't transfer? Right?

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well lads, I'm close to leaving to the academy so I'll go dark for a while. Don't miss me too much. Yes homo

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool. where'd you find those?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I scanned the thread and also did a thread search, but didn't come up with anything.

Any of you guys ever upgrade your HDD? I am getting really close to capacity on my 60GB model. I only have around 4GB of memory left.

A google search found that it is a VERY easy job. Those that have done it, what drives did you use? WD? Seagate? Any bad things to look out for?

Also where do I back up my current HDD to? I have 2 external drives for my laptop, but they both have stuff on them and can't format them because of this reason. I guess the only thing that I really want to shift over would be the games, game saves, and videos. I am assuming that the trophies won't transfer? Right?
I have thought about trying this... maybe after my warranty is up so I don't void that.

Just clear up an external drive somewhere for a awhile and back up on that

And I believe the trophies are saving to the network servers... not on each individual PS3. That way when you log onto a different PS3 you have all the stuff.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have thought about trying this... maybe after my warranty is up so I don't void that.

Just clear up an external drive somewhere for a awhile and back up on that

And I believe the trophies are saving to the network servers... not on each individual PS3. That way when you log onto a different PS3 you have all the stuff.

I did a little more digging and found out about the trophies. You are right about the servers, but you have to link it first. If you go to the trophies folder and hit the triangle button it comes up with a menu and one of the options is to link to server.

I ended up picking up a 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive today. After searching a bunch, it seems like this is a good drive to go with for the upgrade on the PS3. I am all set except for the backing up which I will figure out tonight. Worst case, I will just move everything from one of the external drives onto another for now and then move it all back when I am done. Shouldn't be too bad, as neither of them is even close to being full (one is a 1TB drive with only about 20% used and the work one is a 750?GB one with about the same amount used). I wonder if there is a way to partition an external drive? Going to look into that as well.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this 500gb drive external? I read somewhere (99% sure it was the manual) that the PS3 only supports up to 250GB.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is this 500gb drive external? I read somewhere (99% sure it was the manual) that the PS3 only supports up to 250GB.

It is an Internal notebook hard drive (2.5). Although you can hook up a bigger 3.5 drive and have it external (it won't fit inside the ps3). You have to put a case around it and hook up the SATA wire to the ps3. There are videos going around on youtube showing how to do it.

I opted for the internal notebook drive because I wanted it clean and inside.

I haven't gotten to the drive part yet. I am finally backing up the 60GB drive onto one of my external portable drives. It is taking forever (an hour and a half so far).

From what I read the exact drive that I purchased is one of the go to drives for doing this. The only bad reviews that I read were drives that were ordered off the net that showed up DOA.