Audi B7 S4 - Bagged, CCW, Louder than your daddy's truck

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man if your car looks like that after you're done with it, I don't even know.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The break in on new motors has always been drive it like it should be driven. If it breaks quick it was not going to last long in the first place. Lets see some videos.
Damn right!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
She's purdy! Welcome to the dark side! :twisted:
Man I love that S4 grille. I would have to replace my whole front end to get that haha. Will have to live with aftermarket for now. Loving that license plate delete, btw. Look into the Cupra lip. They look amazing on B7 S4's.

Goddamn are they expensive. I'm finding out the hard way... Was in a bind (super tight on time) and had to get an oil change.. As much as I hate letting other people touch my cars, I took it to a quick lube shop, expecting like $65 for an oil change. NOPE. $135 later lol. And this is just the 2.0T A4! They are expensive as all hell on maintenance, but the OEM recommended oil change interval is 9k miles, so it kind of evens out.

Oh yeah. I can.. Get ready haha..
The biggest issue is the 2.0T's burning oil. It either happens, or it doesn't. They burn about a quart every 2500 miles, and Audi refuses to remedy it (the issue is usually due to a soft engine break-in period, which causes the piston rings to seat/settle at too high a gap, allowing oil to burn faster.. apparently, you're supposed to romp the f**k out of these things when you first buy them). They insist it's "normal".. it's not.. So far, I haven't experienced this with mine at all, but time will tell.
The FSI FWD drivetrain can have issues on 06's and below, so be sure to check that out (torque converters were taking a dump from what I read). On the 07 (mine) and up, coil packs had a recall, MAF sensor had a recall, and they have an issue with carbon buildup caking the intake valves badly. The only real way to fix it is a cleaning from the dealer.. $700 for it, and that's every 50k miles if the car is doing it badly. The simpler solution is to have a cleaning performed once, and install a third party catch can. It will reduce carbon buildup to almost nill. I'm noticing carbon buildup in my exhaust, and my car just recently started misfiring slightly occasionally (even flashing a CEL for a minute, then cleared). Apparently, if spark plugs aren't gapped exactly to spec on the T models, the car hates life and makes you suffer for it. Easy fix, but annoying.
Also, there is a software recall that just got posted. I'm taking my car to Audi of West Covina this Saturday to have it remedied, free of charge. While there, I'll have them check everything else out. Tig, check on yours! I'm not sure if it's affecting the S4's.

They really are fantastic cars, but like any other vehicle, they have some hiccups here and there. If they are addressed early on, there are no issues with them throughout their lifetime. So far, I do like mine a lot.
I'm thinking about the cupra lip but it's what everyone runs, I'd like to run something else. maybe a splitter even.

oil changes run me around 80 or so dollars in parts alone. but I wouldn't pay someone to change mine, I need to go buy a bigger drain pan though. mine won't hold the 10 quarts very well

I should look at what recalls are all out there but car runs good and sometimes they make stuff worse

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The break in on new motors has always been drive it like it should be driven. If it breaks quick it was not going to last long in the first place. Lets see some videos.
now you guys want videos too! maybe I need a go pro for exhaust vids

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm thinking about the cupra lip but it's what everyone runs, I'd like to run something else. maybe a splitter even.

oil changes run me around 80 or so dollars in parts alone. but I wouldn't pay someone to change mine, I need to go buy a bigger drain pan though. mine won't hold the 10 quarts very well

I should look at what recalls are all out there but car runs good and sometimes they make stuff worse
Yeah, same here. Everyone does run the cupra, but it's OEM and like $75. Super cheap haha. I'm gonna go with Votex splitters, R8 style front grill that's flat-black honeycomb center, and paint-matched border, LED headlights, LED tails, VMR V710's in 18 (likely matte black, but I dunno) with a +35 offset.. then, I'll do exhaust and a Carbonio intake, maybe solid charge piping or something. Don't wanna mod it TOO much.

My oil change is about $65 if I do it myself.. 5 quarts of oil + filter.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, same here. Everyone does run the cupra, but it's OEM and like $75. Super cheap haha. I'm gonna go with Votex splitters, R8 style front grill that's flat-black honeycomb center, and paint-matched border, LED headlights, LED tails, VMR V710's in 18 (likely matte black, but I dunno) with a +35 offset.. then, I'll do exhaust and a Carbonio intake, maybe solid charge piping or something. Don't wanna mod it TOO much.

My oil change is about $65 if I do it myself.. 5 quarts of oil + filter.
I'll probably going e level with dual 440 compressor set up and not sure what wheels. possibly 3pc water cooled cc10s. that there is 10k though. I plan on modding kinda extreme, all of jhms bolt ons, their long tubes and supercharger kit. still debating if I want to change internals or not

lip I have no idea yet, headlights and all I'm leaving alone. the adaptive lights I have are around 800 a piece I think but maybe I'll switch to euro down the road

ecs just called and their s4 blackout grill is on back order with Audi ugh maybe I'll order chrome and a black one later or paint my current one black if still on back order

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I need input! grill trim around the edge, chrome or black? I like both

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shoot me your vin. I can run it through and tell you if there are any recalls hanging out and what ones if any were already done.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shoot me your vin. I can run it through and tell you if there are any recalls hanging out and what ones if any were already done.
I'll send you that when I get out of bed, it's sleep time for me lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Anytime. I have access where ever I have an internet connection so I can run it at home as well if needed.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say black grill.

Sent from my Nexus 7

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll probably going e level with dual 440 compressor set up and not sure what wheels. possibly 3pc water cooled cc10s. that there is 10k though. I plan on modding kinda extreme, all of jhms bolt ons, their long tubes and supercharger kit. still debating if I want to change internals or not

lip I have no idea yet, headlights and all I'm leaving alone. the adaptive lights I have are around 800 a piece I think but maybe I'll switch to euro down the road

ecs just called and their s4 blackout grill is on back order with Audi ugh maybe I'll order chrome and a black one later or paint my current one black if still on back order
Ugh. Poor car. To each their own, though!

I just want minor mods on mine, and I'll be good. Although I'm now looking at a B&B Exhaust, 034 High Flow Cat, and 2.5" downpipe haha. Might be modding more than I thought.

I would keep your headlights. I'm only changing mine because they're non adaptive halogens. I may not even change them haha.

ECS is always back ordered on s**t lol. Check APR or Europarts.

I need input! grill trim around the edge, chrome or black? I like both
Black all the way. I have the chrome trim on mine, and I hate it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Audi B7 S4, guzzlin gas and kickin ass

Ugh. Poor car. To each their own, though!

I just want minor mods on mine, and I'll be good. Although I'm now looking at a B&B Exhaust, 034 High Flow Cat, and 2.5" downpipe haha. Might be modding more than I thought.

I would keep your headlights. I'm only changing mine because they're non adaptive halogens. I may not even change them haha.

ECS is always back ordered on s**t lol. Check APR or Europarts.

Black all the way. I have the chrome trim on mine, and I hate it.
well if I didn't put money into this I'd be buying a blown up m3 and doing it, and putting a turbo ls1 in haha

stock cars just bore me and basic bolt ons don't interest me. I've already found myself looking at rhd conversions

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if I didn't put money into this I'd be buying a blown up m3 and doing it, and putting a turbo ls1 in haha

stock cars just bore me and basic bolt ons don't interest me. I've already found myself looking at rhd conversions
...why would you convert this car to RHD!?