Automatic to manuel swap over

086head

Registered VIP
yeah I go to the bham pull a part. Is the trans an ex/si B000?
Yeah i thought about buying it myself till i found this one which saves the hassle of...well alot of things original B000 tranny 90,000 and still running strong he says. Like i said i trust him. Im actualy waiting on him to reply to a message on a manny tranny mount right now. He races Pontiacs for a living but he loves his tuners as well. He owns quad mart and (forgot the name of his junk yard) but yeah. Hes got pretty much everything you need. He isnt going to gip on price but its shipping that can kill pending on the size of the box for the item. He probably has an A000 as well

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The manual mount wont work on the auto. The actual metal on the frame is different between the auto/manual. If you used the manual mount you would have to cut the metal bracket from a manual car and weld it onto your car, thats why im going to save the hassle and fork out for the hasport mount.

086head

Registered VIP
Sounds like a plan. was looking at your thread. is that a 93 civic ex as well? Do you ever go to the montgomery motor speedway strip?

My stepfather let me grab the scrap metal on the side of his shop up today so its anywhere from 600-1,200 punds of metal so ill be getting my transmission mount sometime in the next week and hopefuly ill have enough for a motor gasket set so that i can pop in the other D16z6 in the shop since it has alot less milaege. Gah loading an arse loadof scrap metal in 100 degree weather suuuuuuuucks

Hoodlum

i jus did this swap was fun ur lucky u got away with the throttle cable ur suppost to use the manual one bc its got a bigger end but if u got it then thats good. u might wanna try nd grab manual ecu thou unless ur good at sodderin make sure u grab all ur shifter parts dust seal a/b, ball seat cover ur gonna need em. enjoy

086head

Registered VIP
i jus did this swap was fun ur lucky u got away with the throttle cable ur suppost to use the manual one bc its got a bigger end but if u got it then thats good. u might wanna try nd grab manual ecu thou unless ur good at sodderin make sure u grab all ur shifter parts dust seal a/b, ball seat cover ur gonna need em. enjoy
Mutch appriciated. I actualy got the entire shifter set with the tranny for 60ish bucks. Still havnt gone back and got my pedal set. Just missing the tranny mount. Ill post pictures when i get my gasket set for the motor when everything gets ready to go in so that everyone can see the motor bay. I have a buddy down the road that excelent with sodering too.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like a plan. was looking at your thread. is that a 93 civic ex as well? Do you ever go to the montgomery motor speedway strip?

My stepfather let me grab the scrap metal on the side of his shop up today so its anywhere from 600-1,200 punds of metal so ill be getting my transmission mount sometime in the next week and hopefuly ill have enough for a motor gasket set so that i can pop in the other D16z6 in the shop since it has alot less milaege. Gah loading an arse loadof scrap metal in 100 degree weather suuuuuuuucks
Yeah mines a 93 ex, i have never been to that strip. I usually go to steele.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I figured since im pulling everything out of my car to bare bone metal I would get rid of my "fart can" anyone ever heard/seen/owned or know if this cheepy affects performance and/or sounds like crap. http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-4-5-TIP-CAT-CATBACK-RACING-EXHAUST-92-00-HONDA-CIVIC-DX-LX-EX-EG-EK-/170870496217?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:1993|Model:Civic&hash=item27c8acdbd9&vxp=mtr
Im going with yonaka catback, its like $250 and sound good and deep

086head

Registered VIP
Got some pics in, do I have to use image shack to upload them? Want to be able to show you guys what im working with

zachkelly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man, good work. But yeah use imageshack and copy/paste the code with the IMG tags

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
The manual mount wont work on the auto. The actual metal on the frame is different between the auto/manual. If you used the manual mount you would have to cut the metal bracket from a manual car and weld it onto your car, thats why im going to save the hassle and fork out for the hasport mount.
When I did an auto to manual swap that's what I used and had no issue at all. Its a great mount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

086head

Registered VIP
Havnt finished the swap yet I've got my 1st day off in 2 weeks today and hit of big time and they didn't like that lol so im dropping the motor and tranny today since i got the pedal set finally. I also got my mount in Thursday so im only missing the clutch. Figured i would go ahead and put my other z6 motor and and get it hooked up. Ill have plenty of pictures on here by this evening. Making image account motors out

086head

Registered VIP
Nice progress, sucks about the sunroof lol
Agreed, I tried to go back and get it but it wasnt anygood anymore when i saw it. Tried to be a good citizen and get it off the road but when i picked it up it fiinished shattering in my hands and i drove home with bloody, glassy hands.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Awesome, ill probably be going to bham pull a part this weekend and hoping for rear disc swap is still there.