Automatic to manuel swap over

086head

Registered VIP
Awesome, ill probably be going to bham pull a part this weekend and hoping for rear disc swap is still there.
i go to that one once in a blue moon when im in the mood for an hr+ drive. Come across a manuel cluster gauge between 93-95 ill buy it off you. All I need now is a manual starter... maybe another motor mount because one appears shoddy

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol I would need the cluster if I found one

086head

Registered VIP
Figured I would try to finish my conversion today after I installed the clutch pedals and clutch line but ran into a problem when I went to disconect the automatic transmission from the D16 (red valve cover one) ^^^ I took out the all the bolts connecting the two and I seperated the conecting pegs and pulled it apart but only got about an inch or so apart (around there) Far enough i can slide my fingers between the 2 but it wouldnt seperate any further. My mistake? I didnt unbolt the torque converter I assume. Hope other people can learn from this.

Curious, What would be a better set up? D16z6 with a P08-2 head or a P08-3 head? As for manifolds I have a P08-HF-1 intake mani and a P08-HF-5. To those who are interested whatsoever in this conversion I figured I would let the more experienced builders choose this set up. Im down with whatever. If there isnt any opinions im just going to go with the P08-3 and the HF-1

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im just going with my z6 head and skunk 2 pro series intake, not sure on the oem intakes

086head

Registered VIP
Im just going with my z6 head and skunk 2 pro series intake, not sure on the oem intakes
If, im correct I think i read somewhere that the P08-2 head had more aggressive cams..but i havnt used my z6 head since ive owned so i guess ill see what its like. I've always drooled over skunk but would a skunk intake mani make much of a difference on the performance with a stock throttle body?

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im sure it would make a difference with oem tb but ill be getting the pro series tb also lol

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think 64 is stock so maybe a 66mm im not really sure though never read up on it

086head

Registered VIP
i think 64 is stock so maybe a 66mm im not really sure though never read up on it
It would be nice to know. I have a local guy im going to get to shave my head and port it and possibly get a 67 skunk tb and get him to bore the intake mani to 66 this will be around income return season.
Just a thought though but definitely get head done

086head

Registered VIP
did you get the auto to manual mount already?
Sure did, only thing keeping me from putting everything back in is the fact the flywheel bolts are longer and i need to find some. Once I can get some its going all in that very day. I read somewhere that you can use a z6 mitsuba auto starter on a manual tranny, not so sure so im probably going to just buy a new oem one this wed.

086head

Registered VIP
Yeah id get a manual starter to be on the safe side, just get some arp bolts not even 50 bucks lol

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/arp-flywheel-bolt-kits_mp446.html
not even 50bucks...ummm... i think ill just prowl around pullapart for some thatl work lmfao, worse comes to worse i guess better safe than sorry. I know this seems weird but im more excited that i got a sunroof for 25$ than i am for recieving my clutch kit and flywheel. After everything ive done in the past month on this car i feel like i shouldve gone to Bseries but we'll see with how i fair at the end of the year. Im bringing this car a long way since ive bought this junker...if only yall couldve been there the day i bought it lol

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah lol, I was thinking b series also, but I want to be somewhat different and build a d series