Best Air Intake??

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Who the f**k are you? You can shut up and learn something. An AEM intake is what? $300 or so? Then your basic dc sports headers are...$400 or so? Then a full exhaust is around $500 (name brand, not ebay s**t) That right there is $1200 and a whopping ~10 hp!! You can piece together a turbo kit for around that much. (at least I did) I personally believe that only newbs do a i/h/e setup. whats the point of all that??? Seriously
:popcorn:

Jaceface

5+ Year Member
I really enjoy my injen short ram air intake! It gives the engine's 'grawl' a deeper bass sound. And to me, the intake looks sexy as hell when the hoods popd.
A lot of people make the comment that with out other engine modifications, the potential power gain of a cold/ short ram air intake is not produced. Although this may be true, to me it is still worth buying due to the sound, the looks and one may not be able to feel the gain but it is still there. And this little bit of improvement may increase with the addition of other 'go fast parts.'

hondamnit99

5+ Year Member
of course the turbo is gonna add alot more bang for your buck. but the right intakes do look sexy. really depends on how much your gonna spend.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like injen and fuj... something... Right now, I'm running with out an resonator box, sounds like intake.

gmanauseal

5+ Year Member
I have an Injen Cold air short ram with HKS Cone Air Filter 200x80 and oh my god my RPM FLY's when racing. It''s like driving a different car night and day difference

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How about what's the best search engine........:google:
And the search bar at the top right corner of this forum doesn't work that bad either.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My intake is running @ 21psi and it is awesome lol. Seriously just buy a eBay intake and put a K&N or AEM filter on it.

ku_yugioh

5+ Year Member
Forget all this slangs and all you have to do is buy a Weapon R Secret Weapon. It is a great intake. You can unscrew the filter and take it off and leave the velocity stack on but because the filter is connected to the velocity stack where air goes in. lol. I took off the filter once just to test how much gain does a velocity increase hp and man did I hear vtec. Vtec passed the usual sound into a even louder and higher pitch that I have ever heard. That means a s**t of air was going in.lol. That day there was a smile on face.

B18C_JDMEK9

5+ Year Member
I love when my vtec hits.. sounds like a monster..lol.. drivers in the side. gets scared !!!!!!!!!!!

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soo cheapp tubee from ebay and brandname filter?

Life4Death

yeah yeah B18- I will go with what you say its on the way.. with some White Brite head lights.. oh shizznitters!! goona bee looking tight.. hey check out my other post on seventh Gen. and I am posting of pictures of what the calipers look like after I got after it with some dremel tool and sand paper.. I like it..

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i feel like theres a million threads on this.. but i'd say it all depends on how much you want to spend

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
Who the f**k are you? You can shut up and learn something. An AEM intake is what? $300 or so? Then your basic dc sports headers are...$400 or so? Then a full exhaust is around $500 (name brand, not ebay s**t) That right there is $1200 and a whopping ~10 hp!! You can piece together a turbo kit for around that much. (at least I did) I personally believe that only newbs do a i/h/e setup. whats the point of all that??? Seriously
LoL...or maybe some people like to keep their s**t street legal with their I/H/E setup...hmmm, there's a thought. Idiot...California is the worst state to live in if you want to turbo your Civic (and spend $1200 like you claim)...Greddy turbo kit w/ no IC, BOV and spend $3k, no thanks...I'll stick with my I/H/E setup thanks...

:thumbdown to your comments...:thumbdown

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LoL...or maybe some people like to keep their s**t street legal with their I/H/E setup...hmmm, there's a thought. Idiot...California is the worst state to live in if you want to turbo your Civic (and spend $1200 like you claim)...Greddy turbo kit w/ no IC, BOV and spend $3k, no thanks...I'll stick with my I/H/E setup thanks...

:thumbdown to your comments...:thumbdown
A homemade turbo kit can be just as reliable and put out just as much power, if not more, than a brand name turbo kit. People do it all the time. I've priced one together before too in the past when I had a clue what it consisted of. It can cost under $1000.

Also, not everyone lives in California. People outside Cali can get away with no-name I/H/E parts. If you can't afford a turbo but want aftermarket performance parts, I/H/E is the most basic thing you can do. But is it honestly worth the power you gain? Not at all. Which is why people recommend no-name parts.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or how about a homemade turbo kit with a greddy carb plaque ;)