Best Place to buy HID's

kid2006

anywhere but eBay. the ones i bought from ebay changed color within months.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
speaking of retrofitted projectors, do u know where i can get mines done for a decent price?
Click my signature image for the DIY thread. It's much cheaper if you do it yourself, it's fairly simple and straight forward.

blue888

Can't really help you on the retrofit as I haven't personally done it. I have read quite a few how to's on them though. Google is your best friend when it comes to something like this. I don't know if there is one on here, but I think there is a couple on H-T.

I worded it wrong as well. What I meant is to retrofit proper projectors (audi, acura, ect) into your stock headlight housings. There is a good place to buy projectors and shrouds called the retrofit source. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?osCsid=kmdsnc5b4g39gh4co274ig65r0t0a6s1 I haven't actually used them but some of the how to's mention them. They look to have some kits already put together so you don't have to piece an acura or other kit.

I don't think ddm has them labeled by car make/model. They sell them by bulb type. You are a 9003 right? That is the same as an H4.

thnx I will check online. As far as 9003.. is that the bulb number? I have a 2001 ex civic

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you guys aren't aware, http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ sells complete retrofit kits. All you have to do is hack up your headlight and put everything in. My friend bought a kit from them for his prelude. Excellent quality. He's thinking about buying another for his winter beater.

And like someone else stated previously, please don't buy HID plug and play kits for stock head lights. Do it properly or don't do it at all, AKA get a retrofit. You can buy halogen bulbs that are ridiculously bright too, that are completely legal and work without melting your wiring harness. Philips Xtreme Power are +80% bulbs and Osram Nighthawks are +90%. I have the Philips XTP's and they are amazing.

This is what a plug and play HID kit looked like in my 6th gen:

Close up to a wall:

Approx 100ft from a wall:

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
does this tut. require any modifications, stuff like cutting off part of the reflector?
Yes, you have to cut a bigger hole to get the projector housing to fit.

Maowc

EndlessClouds
False. If you get the proper bulbs with the shield on them, you'll have the same cutoff as halogens (in 6th gen headlights at least). The DDM H4 high/low bulbs have this shield. I've yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic in the past 2 years that I've been running HIDs.
i agree, Also JLM on amazon have those shields as well.

kid2006

If you guys aren't aware, http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ sells complete retrofit kits. All you have to do is hack up your headlight and put everything in. My friend bought a kit from them for his prelude. Excellent quality. He's thinking about buying another for his winter beater.

And like someone else stated previously, please don't buy HID plug and play kits for stock head lights. Do it properly or don't do it at all, AKA get a retrofit. You can buy halogen bulbs that are ridiculously bright too, that are completely legal and work without melting your wiring harness. Philips Xtreme Power are +80% bulbs and Osram Nighthawks are +90%. I have the Philips XTP's and they are amazing.

This is what a plug and play HID kit looked like in my 6th gen:

Close up to a wall:

Approx 100ft from a wall:
I think its got something to do with your aiming or cheap kits. HID on stock housing works fine for me and everyone here.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think its got something to do with your aiming or cheap kits. HID on stock housing works fine for me and everyone here.
Not without projectors they don't. Tell the class how aiming would help that horrible scatter? It also has nothing to do with the kit being cheap. Stock housings that aren't projector are NOT meant for h.i.d.

insidiousperfor

5+ Year Member

I have a 6000k plug and play hid kit with my stock headlights and I haven't had any problems from it. However the glare spots and overall beam distribution is probably not as good as it would be on a retrofit. Here is a picture of my high beams.