Boosted Em2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If the D17 makes the most power out of D series motors stock, then how come both the a2 and the y8 make 127hp and 107tq? Id rather have a D16 than a D17, due to aftermarket support.
The Clubcivic specs of the d17a2 are wrong btw.

d17a2 127hp@6,300rpm/115ft.lbs tq@4,400rpm

d16y8 127hp@6,600rpm/107ftlbs @5,500rom

I think having a fully built would be far more impressive than a built d16 because everyone and their mom has one, and it's so much easier to build one because parts come and go for it.

The wow factor is much bigger on a d17 with itb's imo than a k series

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i say just turbo it like snake_shit said...my d17 is turboed and ive beat b-series swapped hatches and turbo d16's all day and im only at 6psi! i acctually bought my manifold and downpipe from him...
how are u against k swaps, like a k24/20a2 frank?

kp_archangel

5+ Year Member
d17a2 is lame

the d17a1 is pretty worthless

as far as performance goes.
Hey hey hey... I happen to have a D17a1 and I can beat ym brother's 1997 ex coupe and We haven't modded our engines that much ( only air filters and intakes...) though I do not think that 01' Lx's have Vtec?

jimj90

5+ Year Member
I'm a newbie....so dont get mad.....but why are the K swaps SO DAMN much?

My last engine swap was a DOHC ZC into a 91 Civic hatch and that cost me about 500 bucks.

why 6000 for the k swap???? is the engine THAT much? or is it the rest involved???

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
engine is new, so less of them out there. plus its a pretty advance engine compared to the zc

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
6000 will get u the engine, tranny, ecu, prolly wire hareness. but that's like a k20a (that's the type R engine), u prolly get the same kind of package from hmomotorsports.com of a k20a2 (rsx type s 02-03) or a k20z1 (rsx types s 04-06) i could be wrong on those years, for like 4000. If u want a k20, and want a fast engine, it would be either k20a, k20a2, k20z1, k20z3 or a k20z4. For beefy k24, it's gotta be a k24a2, unless u'r doing a frankenstien head swap on a k24a1 block or k24a4 block (but the k24a4[last gen accord 4 cyl] is more of a pain in the ass to frank out]. the New accord, K24z3 has a 190 hp and 160 lbs of torque and 10:5:1 compression ratio

here's all the k series in list format, enjoy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine#K24Z1

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im slowly buying parts for a turbo kit for my LX. I'm not looking to get like an insane amount of power or anything. Hell, I still won't even be able to keep up with my buddies who have a WRX, a GTI, an AWD Talon TSI, and my other buddy who has a WS6, I just want the little extra oomph that comes with the extra power. Plus I love hearing the sound of a turbo spooling and then hearing a nice BOV.

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
Im slowly buying parts for a turbo kit for my LX. I'm not looking to get like an insane amount of power or anything. Hell, I still won't even be able to keep up with my buddies who have a WRX, a GTI, an AWD Talon TSI, and my other buddy who has a WS6, I just want the little extra oomph that comes with the extra power. Plus I love hearing the sound of a turbo spooling and then hearing a nice BOV.
Dude thats why i would turbo for those last 2 reasons. It'd be worth it fo sho. And i dont know if you guys are aware of how hard it is to build a D17, its really not worth your money. Hopefully a couple guys will back me up on this, but im really surprised at how many people think that they can build a strong D17. Very few have been done.......

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude thats why i would turbo for those last 2 reasons. It'd be worth it fo sho. And i dont know if you guys are aware of how hard it is to build a D17, its really not worth your money. Hopefully a couple guys will back me up on this, but im really surprised at how many people think that they can build a strong D17. Very few have been done.......

no..... i KNOW i can build a strong D17. and i WILL

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for show? lol

snake_shit has dynod at 240 hp on a STOCK d17.

240 hp d17 > 200hp k20

i think it would be a close race tho because of the k series trannys. the gears are really close

i have no idea how much his build was but im going to assume around 3g's. A full k swap runs around 5K. he still has another 2k to build. what makes building a D so hard?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for show? lol

240 hp d17 > 200hp k20

i think it would be a close race tho because of the k series trannys. the gears are really close

i have no idea how much his build was but im going to assume around 3g's. A full k swap runs around 5K. he still has another 2k to build. what makes building a D so hard?
exactly.... for that other 2K

i could have me some 700 dollar rods. and 500 dollar pistons. 100 dollar ARP studs. i got so far 1300 bux...>?

and that will take this D to over 400HP.

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for show? lol

240 hp d17 > 200hp k20

not built all motor, snake turbo wouldn't spool in time

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really? so i suppose the 3500 spool up rpm isnt fast enough? seems fast enough to me. if you launch properly. you can make any turbo car get off the line as fast as anything else. there might bea .5 sceond lag then all rocket. an al motor car still needs to grab traction first.

techlogic31

5+ Year Member
the only reason youd wanna boost the d17 is for laffs and saying you did it. also the vtec head swap on that engine isnt worth it at all.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only reason youd wanna boost the d17 is for laffs and saying you did it. also the vtec head swap on that engine isnt worth it at all.
for laughs huh......yea... ill be laughing at your ass while im going by

Status
Not open for further replies.