CC gone to hell?

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how can you be a mod.. you cant even make a f**king signature that fits the guidelines of the site.. :P
well its not my fault that you guys keep changing the max Kb size of the file...my sig was small enough and then youll went ahead and changed the size of the file but was 499X100 and it worked for quite some time until for some reason it said it wasnt small enough. and when i made it i made sure it was small enough to fit cause i wanted it to work. but whatever.

:lol: that hurt oc. my life revolved around cc and you just bursted my bubble and called me a NOOB over aim :lol:

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we fly potential moderators out to a hidden training center where they are put through a series of classes and tests... if they do well they MIGHT be selected as staff..
since when do you guys pay for the flight?

it was completely on me to fly myself there.

but in reality the way i became mod. i saw there was a need for one. i pleaded my case. and there it is. the 7th gen mod just wasnt taking care of the section. other mods had to come in at times to close things. some threads would go on for 9 pages with a big huge fight and noone would see it. so i speak up and im now a mod. the only thing i wish i would have rights to do is banning the spam. three threads the other day in the FS section about selling cell phones and i was powerless! i IM OC he takes care of it. then me and another dude discover a guy just randomly making threads telling us the site is Ghey. 9 threads in 9 diff sections. i post in the mod lounge.. it gets taken care of. sometimes i just wish i could take care of it myself to save them the trouble sometimes. but hey. im not complaining.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since when do you guys pay for the flight?

it was completely on me to fly myself there.

but in reality the way i became mod. i saw there was a need for one. i pleaded my case. and there it is. the 7th gen mod just wasnt taking care of the section. other mods had to come in at times to close things. some threads would go on for 9 pages with a big huge fight and noone would see it. so i speak up and im now a mod. the only thing i wish i would have rights to do is banning the spam. three threads the other day in the FS section about selling cell phones and i was powerless! i IM OC he takes care of it. then me and another dude discover a guy just randomly making threads telling us the site is Ghey. 9 threads in 9 diff sections. i post in the mod lounge.. it gets taken care of. sometimes i just wish i could take care of it myself to save them the trouble sometimes. but hey. im not complaining.
gotta be a blue or red man to do that:lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't notice that much of a difference. :what:

Much better here than on honda-tech, thats for sure.

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so I disappeared for a while, I had been working a lot but I came back and since I have been back I have been very disappointed. The admin on this site seems to not care anymore. Im not just pointing at OC... Almost every mod on this site is responsible. The are only maybe 3 or 4 people that have admin capabilities that I actually see working to keep this site clean. All of the new people wanna sit there and bash someones thread when they ask for a simple opinion. What happened to this being a community where we could come, ask a simple question, get a simple or detailed answer and NOT get flamed or harassed about what we are asking?

Thoughts? I just feel this needed to be addressed
i think you should join htuner.com ...

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do think go guys are doing a pretty good job. Atleast the ones that still come to the site every once in a while. There are a few that I think arent on the site to be mods. The do good work but i just dont think they are here enough to be considered mods.
Like the great lakes mod. I think ive seen him once in the last 2 or 3 months.

But on the other hand i think the mods do s decent job. there are sometimes it doesnt seem like they move fast enough. But i know they are doing their best.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i think the mods are doing a great job here. but what dagftone is talking about tho, is someone made a new thread in the 6th gen section.....and we prob all read it. its been cleaned up now........thank you. but someone made a smart ass comment about why jun.....then quoted a line from fast and furious. sure people thought it was funny.....hell i got a chuckle out of it. but the op got pissed off, and dagftone tried to be mr. big boy and basically talk down to the rest of us who posted in there. well the whole thread lost its meaning, and who ever read the full thread befor it was gone through.......you know what i mean. i can see where dagftone is coming from tho. but at the same time he has no right in calling someone a noob and bashing them because they dont have half a million posts. the rest of you will agree with me on this......its what you know and what you dont know that makes you a noob.......not post count. but i have noticed every once in a while that someone new will join the site and they just talk s**t constantly. i havent seen any as of lately but there have been a couple since i joined. i log on and try to help fellow members with problem or give my own opinion about something, and i do have questions from time to time that i get very good responses on. that is why im here and not at like honda-tech or somewhere else. but there should be a button to the side of every post that can flag the post as....harassing or inappropiate....sorry i cant spell worth s**t. and then not only would the mods be able to go through and do this.....the members would be able to do this too. and then it would be the mods responsibility to decide on what to do with the member who posted the inapproperiate comment.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
personally i think the mods are doing a great job here. but what dagftone is talking about tho, is someone made a new thread in the 6th gen section.....and we prob all read it. its been cleaned up now........thank you. but someone made a smart ass comment about why jun.....then quoted a line from fast and furious. sure people thought it was funny.....hell i got a chuckle out of it. but the op got pissed off, and dagftone tried to be mr. big boy and basically talk down to the rest of us who posted in there. well the whole thread lost its meaning, and who ever read the full thread befor it was gone through.......you know what i mean. i can see where dagftone is coming from tho. but at the same time he has no right in calling someone a noob and bashing them because they dont have half a million posts. the rest of you will agree with me on this......its what you know and what you dont know that makes you a noob.......not post count. but i have noticed every once in a while that someone new will join the site and they just talk s**t constantly. i havent seen any as of lately but there have been a couple since i joined. i log on and try to help fellow members with problem or give my own opinion about something, and i do have questions from time to time that i get very good responses on. that is why im here and not at like honda-tech or somewhere else. but there should be a button to the side of every post that can flag the post as....harassing or inappropiate....sorry i cant spell worth s**t. and then not only would the mods be able to go through and do this.....the members would be able to do this too. and then it would be the mods responsibility to decide on what to do with the member who posted the inapproperiate comment.
i agree, but, im gonna hav to agree with DaGFTDOne too because I think the mods could be doing a little better than they are, but for the most part it is alright i guess. Definitely better than HT though

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess what it boils down to is, if you have a problem with someone or what they said, take it to pm's so the problem doesnt escelate (sp) into 3 pages of a pissing match. Personally I dont want anyones piss on me and threads like that detour me away from trying to help someone or asking for help myself.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, but, im gonna hav to agree with DaGFTDOne too because I think the mods could be doing a little better than they are, but for the most part it is alright i guess. Definitely better than HT though
You also have to understand that even the mods have a life outside of cc and cant be here all the time babysitting people. When there is a mod online and there is a problem in their section imo it is taken care of in a timely manor. If you see a problem, simply pm a mod and bring it to their attention. they will know who to contact or how to fix it.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess what it boils down to is, if you have a problem with someone or what they said, take it to pm's so the problem doesnt escelate (sp) into 3 pages of a pissing match. Personally I dont want anyones piss on me and threads like that detour me away from trying to help someone or asking for help myself.
exactly. but at the sametime, i feel that if you have a problem with someone or by what they said.....you can be mature about it and just NOT REPLY. thats just my opinion though. the way i see it is, it takes a man to start a fight, but it takes a bigger man to walk away from one.

ohh by the way about what i said about the report button.....yeah there is one already......never saw it till now tho...lol

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
cc has been steadily going to hell since i stepped down as a moderator

yup

:scurred:

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exactly. but at the sametime, i feel that if you have a problem with someone or by what they said.....you can be mature about it and just NOT REPLY. thats just my opinion though. the way i see it is, it takes a man to start a fight, but it takes a bigger man to walk away from one.

ohh by the way about what i said about the report button.....yeah there is one already......never saw it till now tho...lol
I couldnt agree more. I have had people trash talk me and I'm like "f**kit, next" I have aslo had a member pm me and call me ignorant. i had respect for him because he didnt involve the cc world with our differences. We pm'd back and forth for a bit and everything is cool now.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I couldnt agree more. I have had people trash talk me and I'm like "f**kit, next" I have aslo had a member pm me and call me ignorant. i had respect for him because he didnt involve the cc world with our differences. We pm'd back and forth for a bit and everything is cool now.
personally i dont think there is any place for it......on the thread or in pm's. but to some people ive replied to....to them it prob sounded like i was rippin on them. i havent ripped on anyone on the site, ive basically just stated my own opinion. and im the kind of guy that doesnt backdoor or sugarcoat what i want to say. i have noticed tho that the ones doin the s**t talking on the site are from the younger crowd. the 16-20 year old members seem to do alot of it. and im not saying that all of them are doing it......it just seems that their the main ones that do it. and i know that the younger crowd, really have no respect for people these days compared to when i was 17-18-19. which is sad cause its really not that long ago. f**k 10 years ago you talked s**t to someone....you got your ass kicked. now all these young people can talk all the trash they want because you cant punch someone 500-or more miles away. basically the way i feel about all of this is its going to take all of us, not just the mods, to make cc better. and i mean better as in the absolute best.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
You also have to understand that even the mods have a life outside of cc and cant be here all the time babysitting people. When there is a mod online and there is a problem in their section imo it is taken care of in a timely manor. If you see a problem, simply pm a mod and bring it to their attention. they will know who to contact or how to fix it.
All i can say is thank you for understanding that, most people would like to pretend that no such thing would exist, but they don't realize that we have things in our lives that are just as important as a web site, such as a job, a wife, a house or my favorite a baby on the way that we're preparing for, most of my time is spent on remodeling a house taht was built in 1959, to make it more modern and more effecient energy wise, and my most important project is the nursery that i have been working on for the baby my wife will be having in march, thus, things change in life and so do our priorities though i'm still on here as much as i can be in the morning for about a half hour, and for about as much as i can in the evening and weekends, however i think i still get my job on here done pretty damn good, and seem to haven't really pissed of any members, hell i think the last actuall member that i banned was Eran, and how long ago was that, not really that i wanted or felt a need, but at the time it was a decision amongst the mods that needed done, now at days it's mainly banning spammer and stupid twits that like to call my site ghey such as taht douche did the other day taht snakeshit was talking about.

Last edited:

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its not just that post, i dont really care about the JUN thread anymore, this whole site needs to be fixed up

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
personally i dont think there is any place for it......on the thread or in pm's. but to some people ive replied to....to them it prob sounded like i was rippin on them. i havent ripped on anyone on the site, ive basically just stated my own opinion. and im the kind of guy that doesnt backdoor or sugarcoat what i want to say. i have noticed tho that the ones doin the s**t talking on the site are from the younger crowd. the 16-20 year old members seem to do alot of it. and im not saying that all of them are doing it......it just seems that their the main ones that do it. and i know that the younger crowd, really have no respect for people these days compared to when i was 17-18-19. which is sad cause its really not that long ago. f**k 10 years ago you talked s**t to someone....you got your ass kicked. now all these young people can talk all the trash they want because you cant punch someone 500-or more miles away. basically the way i feel about all of this is its going to take all of us, not just the mods, to make cc better. and i mean better as in the absolute best.
I wasnt meaning it like "if you wanna trash talk its ok to do it in pm's" What I mean is if you and another member have some sort of diference, settle it in pm's so it doesnt end up in a 3 page pissing match. I guess if you want to trash talk someone in pm's, I couldnt care less Thats their buisness as long as I dont have to deal with it.