CC Musicians!!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I played trumpet from 5th grade all the way to 12th. i aint gonna post pics of my trumpet cause i beat the hell out of it. lol not gonna say i was the best but i was a steady 2nd chair trumpet player. lost interest after high school cause i dont plan on majoring in music and fixing cars is way more important :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Here is my YouTube channel. I've recorded a few covers of several songs I enjoy singing.

Before you look at it, I know my voice needs work. I purposely took this semester off from school to be able focus on myself as a musician / singer and possibly take voice lessons, sing and play the guitar way more often to better myself. Constructive criticism is welcome. I'm extremely EXTREMELY camera shy. I can't even sing to anyone I know, not even my best friend. I just can't do it. I get really nervous and shaky. So I know I sound bad on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnS622

This is seriously taking a lot of guts for me to post my youtube channel lol. I seriously am really nervous about people hearing me sing. But I want constructive criticism and the only way I'll get it is by posting the link everywhere.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't expect much. I'm nervous as f**k in front of a camera. Even if the camera is on but not recording, I can still sing 10x better. I don't know what it is. I can't sing in front of anyone, not even my parents.

Only a few people have heard me sing in real life and they say I have the talent. I know I just need practice and voice lessons.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay so I just saw your vids... theyre good... I see the potential, like you said I think your focus should be first on your voice, which is pitchy, and then you guitar playing... Im sure youll be great....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Problem is, I don't want to just record videos of me singing with nothing in the background. A lot of musicians today, especially the talented no namers on YouTube can play at least 1 instrument. I don't wanna JUST sing. I mean yeah, it'd be nice, but if I had to perform in cafe's, bars, and such, I'd like to be able to do my own thing instead of having to hire a guitarist to tag along and play for me.

But thanks for the comments. I'll keep working at it. I can definitely do better without the guitar. I'm not great at the guitar at all so I was trying to focus on playing the right notes and strumming the right pattern.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Im sorry... I wasnt clear. Do both. Thats unique now a days... However, the voice should be your priority then guitar. Do both but put more focus on the voice.... am I making sense? I have some connections in the industry, let me know just how serious you are about it and what you hope to accomplish

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Music is my main passion. I want to be a singer. I want to write songs and make albums. I love singing more than anything. I know I need voice lessons. I know I need work. I literally have no money though so I'm trying to see if my friends mom (apparently shes a voice teacher) will help me out for a decent price.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't expect much. I'm nervous as f**k in front of a camera. Even if the camera is on but not recording, I can still sing 10x better. I don't know what it is. I can't sing in front of anyone, not even my parents.

Only a few people have heard me sing in real life and they say I have the talent. I know I just need practice and voice lessons.
its like a combination of fergie and jesus...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
john u just need to be louder.

u r holding back too much and its hindering ur voices capabilities..

let it fly man, wing it out there..

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
amen mymmery!! Prove that you want to be a singer.... get over that fear by performing on youtube for now...

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its like a combination of fergie and jesus...
:rolf:

john u just need to be louder.

u r holding back too much and its hindering ur voices capabilities..

let it fly man, wing it out there..
Never thought about it that way. I don't really like belting out lol. And that goes back to my main problem, I don't like singing when I know people will be able to hear me. My downstairs housemates would be able to hear me if I went all out. I can't get over my stage fright.

amen mymmery!! Prove that you want to be a singer.... get over that fear by performing on youtube for now...
lol it'll definitely take time. I'm working on it as much as I can though.

ItsAnEP3

Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I used to play trumpet in high school. I was 2nd chair as well. Now I play guitar. I have a Washburn BT-2 Maverick(my first guitar) and an Epiphone Les Paul.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have some more covers uploaded. I think I'm getting better with the stage fright thing. I promised myself I would try and break down those walls but it's still really hard.