CH33V5's Slow '99 EJ8 Build Thread

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
haha sucks about the exhaust.. but builds coming along nice!
Yeah thanks man. The exhaust is now fixed and I'm back to kicking ass.... well not really because even after the oil change full cleaning of the VTEC soloniod and everything in between it still doesn't really crossover. I might have to go to Honda and see if I can get some advice. I've tried almost everything that's DIY.

But anyway, got bored. So here's some shots of the hoopdy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
less editing, more low

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
So it's final. If my buddy Levi can't find the suspension kit by Friday, I'm buying my own haha. I got the money and the struts in at work. I'm sick of waiting. Low is the priority.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So it's final. If my buddy Levi can't find the suspension kit by Friday, I'm buying my own haha. I got the money and the struts in at work. I'm sick of waiting. Low is the priority.
me likeyyy :cool:

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good progress with the build bro...im jealous im still in the process of dericing it and fixing the electrical system :(

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Word guys. I'm thinking 3" in the front, 2.5" in the back. That's reasonable for the back woods here in NH right?

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word guys. I'm thinking 3" in the front, 2.5" in the back. That's reasonable for the back woods here in NH right?
yeah you should be good. my buddy bought his 98 ek coupe from a mexican, all stock besides an intake and cut springs which set him down about 3.5'' in the front and almost 4'' in the back and he tucked stock tires needless to say. and im from northeast ohio and we got everything from country dirt roads to gravel driveways to potholes ever 2 ft, its actually become a game dodging them. so he tucked stock tires, it rode like hell, but he rarely ever scraped. so i say as long as you know how to angle driveways and dips properly, you got no worries brotha

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
yeah you should be good. my buddy bought his 98 ek coupe from a mexican, all stock besides an intake and cut springs which set him down about 3.5'' in the front and almost 4'' in the back and he tucked stock tires needless to say. and im from northeast ohio and we got everything from country dirt roads to gravel driveways to potholes ever 2 ft, its actually become a game dodging them. so he tucked stock tires, it rode like hell, but he rarely ever scraped. so i say as long as you know how to angle driveways and dips properly, you got no worries brotha
Haha word I'm honestly at the point where I don't give a f**k. Dumped or no low haha. But!, got these to enhance my lowness when it arrives. They added like 2hp each nut, love em!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha word I'm honestly at the point where I don't give a f***. Dumped or no low haha. But!, got these to enhance my lowness when it arrives. They added like 2hp each nut, love em!

wth those lugs and all your stickers you should be close to b18c power mane!

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Update guys. Long story short my car's been misfiring lately, not much at all but now its badder than Mike Jackson's hit from the 80's. I bought a new cap and rotor, cleaned the throttle body and everything in between. I switched the injectors, still misfiring. Still decided what I might need. Narrowed it down to needing a new timing belt or injectors or both. BUT!, I got my coils ordered today. Low is still the priority lmao.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Update guys. Long story short my car's been misfiring lately, not much at all but now its badder than Mike Jackson's hit from the 80's. I bought a new cap and rotor, cleaned the throttle body and everything in between. I switched the injectors, still misfiring. Still decided what I might need. Narrowed it down to needing a new timing belt or injectors or both. BUT!, I got my coils ordered today. Low is still the priority lmao.
my buddys car was misfiring for a while and it turned out his fuel pump and fuel filter where bad. and his cousins car was misfiring and it turned out to be a stray vaccuum line. id check all 3 of those if i were you bro.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Turns out all I needed was new wires and plugs. Thanks NGK for fixing my car! :D

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Turns out all I needed was new wires and plugs. Thanks NGK for fixing my car! :D
Always nice when it's a cheap fix, my civic wouldn't even turn over, thought it was going to be a new starter or ignition switch, come to find out the wire came off of the starter so I pinched it with the needle nose pliers & voila my car started.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Always nice when it's a cheap fix, my civic wouldn't even turn over, thought it was going to be a new starter or ignition switch, come to find out the wire came off of the starter so I pinched it with the needle nose pliers & voila my car started.

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
Spoke too soon. Ended up cracking an o ring on one of the injectors, tried replacing them but ended up breaking one of the f**kers. 150 bucks later I'll be receiving 4 used oem ones and some new rings that actually fit. Another damn speed bump to getting dumped! Faaaaaaaack.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Spoke too soon. Ended up cracking an o ring on one of the injectors, tried replacing them but ended up breaking one of the f***ers. 150 bucks later I'll be receiving 4 used oem ones and some new rings that actually fit. Another damn speed bump to getting dumped! Faaaaaaaack.
gahhhdammit. i wanna see you dump that whore already!!

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn sorry man, I know how that can be, I'm hoping to be done for awhile with repairs now that finally body & paint is getting done.