Change...EM1 content

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Can't wait to see done and on the ground. How is it running 225/45/15 tires, do they rub and what did you need to do to make them work? I'm getting a set.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Yesterday I was able to get to the driver side. With that, I saw a box and remembered I had those fender braces to install as well...whoops! Almost forgot!

And then I promptly removed them...they dont clear the cutouts. So, JSpeed braces will be for sale. I'll probably get the J's as they are a flat version, but still, I'm not 100% they will clear. We shall see...

i was just looking at those pieces other day. i was thinking about just cutting the fender and leave enough piece for me to bend it back to flare out the fender a little bit more

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Endo - There are no issues running a 225/45, in functional situations, which I know you are doing. I'm on x9 up front and spaced to +31 and I can go lock to lock without issue. I've run that tire size on various wheel widths, but x9 is the most aggressive. All have been in the +35ish range for offset. I've only rolled the fenders, zero pull. While there are many pages, there are plenty of photos showing the different wheels I've run them on =) But I'm glad to answer any questions. Its really nothing to worry about, it’s a very easy fit.

Diana - I was considering cutting and welding, but it would have been basically the same outcome. So I went with this rather than be down for custom fab and such. =)

Mymmeryloss - Thank you! :D

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
Endo - There are no issues running a 225/45, in functional situations, which I know you are doing. I'm on x9 up front and spaced to +31 and I can go lock to lock without issue. I've run that tire size on various wheel widths, but x9 is the most aggressive. All have been in the +35ish range for offset. I've only rolled the fenders, zero pull. While there are many pages, there are plenty of photos showing the different wheels I've run them on =) But I'm glad to answer any questions. Its really nothing to worry about, it’s a very easy fit.

Diana - I was considering cutting and welding, but it would have been basically the same outcome. So I went with this rather than be down for custom fab and such. =)

Mymmeryloss - Thank you! :D
It's looks more like the fender was made that way, I'm surprised on how we don't have fenders in this style premade for poeple to buy

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm sure we will see pre-fab fenders soon enough. Tracklife is doing a two part fender right now. I think the 96/98 is able to be purchased, the 99/00 isnt. The upper section has a vent, similar to a J's Racing fender. The bottom section is their cutout. Being two sections makes shipping MUCH cheaper and easier. Also, the ability to slide the fender in or out comes from the two part design. It can be flush with the door, or poke out some for further venting.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm sure we will see pre-fab fenders soon enough. Tracklife is doing a two part fender right now. I think the 96/98 is able to be purchased, the 99/00 isnt. The upper section has a vent, similar to a J's Racing fender. The bottom section is their cutout. Being two sections makes shipping MUCH cheaper and easier. Also, the ability to slide the fender in or out comes from the two part design. It can be flush with the door, or poke out some for further venting.
That's a really good idea making it 2 part

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Sick, I tried looking back but too much content lol. I'll be pulling the trigger very soon. Thanks for the reply :D

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sick, I tried looking back but too much content lol. I'll be pulling the trigger very soon. Thanks for the reply :D
No problem. I know its burried back in there...haha. If there is a specific size or wheel, just ask. I've run 225/45 on Buddy Club P1 SF 15x6.5 +35, Kosei K1 in 15x7 +36, and of course the 949's in x8 and x9.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
No problem. I know its burried back in there...haha. If there is a specific size or wheel, just ask. I've run 225/45 on Buddy Club P1 SF 15x6.5 +35, Kosei K1 in 15x7 +36, and of course the 949's in x8 and x9.
They are going on my Kosei K4R, almost the same specs as 949 x8 besides a 1mm difference in offset.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They are going on my Kosei K4R, almost the same specs as 949 x8 besides a 1mm difference in offset.
You'll be pleanty fine then. My front at x9 +36 with a 5mm spacer sits at +31. So a x8 at +35 will be cake :thumbup:

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nothing really going on. Hopefully on Friday I'll get some work in.

But, after trying two kits, that showed they would work, and didn't, I took measurements and did the math to get the clamps I needed. Rice, rice baby! =))

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I'm hoping to dig into my project 2 weeks from now, no days off work holding back my progress but more funds=more racecar parts lol

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Friday was a day of Si work!

OEM Si linkage vs Spoon linkage. Notice the more direct input vs the added bends in the OEM. Also, its missing all that crap at the end, by the shifter.

No linkage should be updated without bushings! Dime's solid bushings added, dressed with Downstar hardware. All ordered via Downstar.

And I changed out the OEM ITR pads in favor of Hawk HP+

I'd say things have been a little serious, considering the limited miles put on the car...haha.

And what most people care about, the car on the ground...with the TrackLifeComposites cutouts!

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say for the hell of it, get a decal made that says "eBay Racing" for the hood or windshield & drive around with it on April fools day. Youll inspire several local ricer kids to storm ebay, thinking they can make their car look like yours. Sadistic humor, maybe?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks Endo!

HeX, that would very funny! If my wife weren't due mid/late this month, I'd probably do that and rock it for the April Cars & Coffee event, being its the day after! Or if I could get the car in my parking lot at work, I might have done it for a few days. But I cant...haha. And where I live, no one would really see it. So it wouldn't be as much fun.

Update, both the Spoon and the Buddy Club seats are sold. Still in the car, but coming out after Saturday. Evasive took my money last night for replacements =)