Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

mint

Club Civic Sanny!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I Sprayed my Rear lights wasnt hard but i think it makes all the differance, also Blue Head light bulbs and some blue interier light goes a treat.. next step gonna try tint my headlihgts black

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for all that you might as well get hid's

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only reason I don't want to get HID's is that they are expensive and you have to buy the kit to get them to fit. I'm thinking about the 9000k Xenon Blue or Green Lights.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
arent there plug and play ones for your car.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
douggiefresh said:
What kinda pin stripes? Painted on or taped on?
Little secret I learned when I detailed cars, I was sworn to secrecy on this but my boss was an ass so here goes. Supposedly you can buy a round eraser you can use on a spinning air tool. its just like a pencil eraser. It will take off painted and vinyl stripes. All you have to do when done is buff or polish where the stripe was and viola you are free of those nasty pin stripes!!!

crfc

5+ Year Member
FireEMT8572 said:
Little secret I learned when I detailed cars, I was sworn to secrecy on this but my boss was an ass so here goes. Supposedly you can buy a round eraser you can use on a spinning air tool. its just like a pencil eraser. It will take off painted and vinyl stripes. All you have to do when done is buff or polish where the stripe was and viola you are free of those nasty pin stripes!!!
ya there called caramel wheels,very common here.

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RESTOREING Your Milky HeadLight! (Not Sure if this already been posted)

I just did this Today and u wont beleive how it came out. Cost was $12.21

Things needed
-2000 grit SandPaPer (can be bought a local AutoZone/Pepboy) (you can aslo start with a 1000 are lower grit and work for way down)
-Meguiars Plast X (or any kind of clear plastic cleaner are scratch remover)
-Some Water
-100% cotton towel

Steps:
-Frist wet your headlights aswell as ur Sandpaper
-Sand your headlights in an even side to side montion, you will see this yellow stuff comeing off (thats good)
-Sand as much as need
-clean dry and sand again
-After sanding is done dry it off
-Apply the Meguiars Plast X ( or plastic scratch remover)
-Holes it down and your Done

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I tried to restore my '98 headlights, but it didn't get better at all (unless you count when wet). Jason and I ended up helping someone out with his car. He had been in a front end collision just a couple weeks before, everything was replaced with OEM parts. But he had halos at home. So I asked him if he'd trade my foggy ones (which were pretty bad, but can get you through the DMV inspection) for his brand new OEM headlights. He didn't have a problem with it. =)

Like I said, being nice can pay off. Getting these headlights new from Honda would cost me a bit. :scurred:

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Laser Tracking? If you get your tyres balanced & also get laser tracking done you benefit from the inside of your tread being eaten & also better ride quality. Did mine recently & the steering wheel no longer shakes at 100mph!

Ohh Clean your car once a week or so... even if its going to rain, It keeps the paint in good condition & also non of the dirt & grim clings to your paintwork, also get it waxed or get them wax liquid you just spray on the car & dry down with a leather cloth.

=D

Abz

This is jus the beginning
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry you benefit from the inside of your tread NOT been eaten if you do laser tracking & balancing :P

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I tried to restore my '98 headlights, but it didn't get better at all (unless you count when wet). Jason and I ended up helping someone out with his car. He had been in a front end collision just a couple weeks before, everything was replaced with OEM parts. But he had halos at home. So I asked him if he'd trade my foggy ones (which were pretty bad, but can get you through the DMV inspection) for his brand new OEM headlights. He didn't have a problem with it. =)

Like I said, being nice can pay off. Getting these headlights new from Honda would cost me a bit. :scurred:

well the steps i did it work fine for me.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Abz said:
Laser Tracking? If you get your tyres balanced & also get laser tracking done you benefit from the inside of your tread being eaten & also better ride quality. Did mine recently & the steering wheel no longer shakes at 100mph!

Ohh Clean your car once a week or so... even if its going to rain, It keeps the paint in good condition & also non of the dirt & grim clings to your paintwork, also get it waxed or get them wax liquid you just spray on the car & dry down with a leather cloth.

=D
Also cleaning your car helps you keep track of any damage or rust that might have been done.

FartCanMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when u sanded ur headlights...did u do if from the outside? cause i thought the yellow s**t was on the inside?

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
FartCanMan said:
when u sanded ur headlights...did u do if from the outside? cause i thought the yellow s**t was on the inside?

nope u can clean the inside too, but snd the out side, ull start to see alot of yellow stuff coming out.

Sean Gibson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
interior dash kit,spray your air vents,spray your lower tray (in front of ur gaiter) spray your speaker covers,like so...

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i order'd a dask kit for my ex....my car is silver so i decided to go for a silver metalic look inside my car....ill post pics when i get them and put them on...only if it looks good...
also a good way to make ur car look good and CHEAP well the answer is EBAY

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
tighten the throttle cable to reduce slack/lag in the throttle response :what:

keep your car at idle
tighten the cable till you have about a 1/4" worth of play
make sure that you DO NOT tighten it enough to effect your idle what so ever.. that's why you leave the car running, if the idle goes up you'll notice it...
Don't really understand what to do here, feel stupid asking this question.. :oops: