Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

quincyb11

5+ Year Member
If your side moldings and side skirts are NOT painted and you dont have money to have them polished and waxed, then use Armor All or turtle wax product to make them looking nice n shiney n clean looking. Perform this after a car wash of course.

As you can see in the picture they shine up pretty nice using these products. The front lip is also flat black which also shined up very nicely.

bmx4life54321

saving neglected honda
5+ Year Member
heres some things ive done...
remove carpet
remove rear seats- i painted my whole interior to match my cars new paint but with your stock paint just clean it up nicely, tape everything off and if your cars black, spray the inside black, i painted the japanasese rising sun onto my fuel pump cover
remove all sound debtoning sticky stuff from under carpet and inside trunk
ignition, fuel, and ecu cut off switches hiddin within the car (best anti-theft device)
exhaust wrap
washers under hood
bullet casing over antenna
wire tuck
sanded and buffed headlights
paint rear side marker bulbs to the color of your car using stained glass paint
stained glass painted gauge cluster and dash light bulbs
window tint strip on top windhshield
relocate battery to trunk, very easy
washer trick for rear wheels to get rid of camber
convert my obd2a ls to obd1
custom si looking grille
front end conversion from 97 into 99
remove your spoiler- looks cleaner
keep your interior and exterior as stock and clean as possible
remove badges
remove a/c and power steering
remove a/c condensor
cut the fins out of your front bumper and cut the fog light holes out- lets more air in
front and rear lip kit
remove passenger air bag, be very careful
if you dont drive your car in cold conditions and store it in the winter pull out your heater core and use a bypass hose
short throw shifter- do not buy cheap they brake and you end up crying
tire shine if you have rims and clean your rims brake dust = yuckness
theres more im just forgetting

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heres some things ive done...
remove carpet
remove rear seats- i painted my whole interior to match my cars new paint but with your stock paint just clean it up nicely, tape everything off and if your cars black, spray the inside black, i painted the japanasese rising sun onto my fuel pump cover
remove all sound debtoning sticky stuff from under carpet and inside trunk
ignition, fuel, and ecu cut off switches hiddin within the car (best anti-theft device)
exhaust wrap
washers under hood
bullet casing over antenna
wire tuck
sanded and buffed headlights
paint rear side marker bulbs to the color of your car using stained glass paint
stained glass painted gauge cluster and dash light bulbs
window tint strip on top windhshield
relocate battery to trunk, very easy
washer trick for rear wheels to get rid of camber
convert my obd2a ls to obd1
custom si looking grille
front end conversion from 97 into 99
remove your spoiler- looks cleaner
keep your interior and exterior as stock and clean as possible
remove badges
remove a/c and power steering
remove a/c condensor
cut the fins out of your front bumper and cut the fog light holes out- lets more air in
front and rear lip kit
remove passenger air bag, be very careful
if you dont drive your car in cold conditions and store it in the winter pull out your heater core and use a bypass hose
short throw shifter- do not buy cheap they brake and you end up crying
tire shine if you have rims and clean your rims brake dust = yuckness
theres more im just forgetting

Nice contradictions..... :oh:

killercrx91

5+ Year Member
Well as CC.com members we should try and help other members with their car, and what other better way could we help them by giving them Cheap reliable things that they can do to their car to make it look, and work, better. Such as DIY's.
Try to only list one at.

Alright I will go first...
Painting your wiper arms. Maybe if you have those chrome chips in them, or maybe dull black paint, grab a spray can of black paint, take them off and paint them up. Deffiantly looks better then chrome chips.
What I do to my CRX is that I put skate boared tape on the brake pedal because if you have good skating shoes it would work REALLY good... For around 2 weeks.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What I do to my CRX is that I put skate boared tape on the brake pedal because if you have good skating shoes it would work REALLY good... For around 2 weeks.
Thats why they have rubber covers on the pedals....

MyNaSi51

MyNaSi51
5+ Year Member
transmission fluid on the headlights makes them look brand new. apply transmission fluid to hazed lights and let it dry, then rub the residue off. repeat when needed. try it its amazing

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
transmission fluid on the headlights makes them look brand new. apply transmission fluid to hazed lights and let it dry, then rub the residue off. repeat when needed. try it its amazing
Really? Never heard of that one... pics?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id rather not put oil on my headlights..... :oh:

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah for some reason I don't see this being a good fix on the headlights, I mean WD-40 I have seen used to shine them up a little, but other than that, just sand them from 1000 then 1500 and final 2000 grit (wet sand on all of course) then get plastic X from any auto parts store and buff em out, good as new and lasts....