Check In: 1998 OEM Lips

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh man, haha. It would've been awesome if you didn't paint it red, I wouldn't have spent that extra on paint, LOL.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. All you do is ask Honda about it.

You can ask Honda for any part. They'll look it up and tell you it's discontinued and there are none lef tin the country. I've gone over each color.

Part numbers are different for other countries and do not show up in Honda of America's parts catalog.
damn. I should of just gone broke for week and bought the one whatisjdm was selling.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol

Well, I hope if you ever sell it someone with a '99-'00 will grab it up. I only say that so that another undamaged one won't get torn up to go on a '99-'00 rear bumper.

Ugh, it was impossible to get that thing to mount right on my bumper!

By the way, I saved the images someone on here took of the brackets back in 2007 so I could get some made. The images include the measurements too.

I tried to get some brackets made, but was quoted $200. Needless to say, I passed that up.

Oh, and I sold the lip for the same good deal I had picked it up locally for. We first found it on NWSR for sale. I got the rear lip before I found the front. So I had that lip in 2006 or 2007 or so.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey where'd your sig go?lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's still there.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL you were never ON the list. your lips are fake replicas, and not OEM.
Ehh, he just got confused. No need to flame him.

He was on the list before I saw he had different lips.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
But I had to get a 96-98 bumper because it still couldnt sit flush with a 99-00 bumper. The one picture is a 96-98 bumper I have. It was impossible to have it flush with my old 99-00 bumper.
lol

Well, I hope if you ever sell it someone with a '99-'00 will grab it up. I only say that so that another undamaged one won't get torn up to go on a '99-'00 rear bumper.

Ugh, it was impossible to get that thing to mount right on my bumper!

By the way, I saved the images someone on here took of the brackets back in 2007 so I could get some made. The images include the measurements too.

I tried to get some brackets made, but was quoted $200. Needless to say, I passed that up.

Oh, and I sold the lip for the same good deal I had picked it up locally for. We first found it on NWSR for sale. I got the rear lip before I found the front. So I had that lip in 2006 or 2007 or so.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No dude, these lips were made for 96-98 bumpers, they came optional only in the year 98, lol.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But I had to get a 96-98 bumper because it still couldnt sit flush with a 99-00 bumper. The one picture is a 96-98 bumper I have. It was impossible to have it flush with my old 99-00 bumper.
Ahh, nice.
Wait...don't they come with the brackets for the 99-00 bumper also?
No dude, these lips were made for 96-98 bumpers, they came optional only in the year 98, lol.
That's right. In the US they were an option on '98 coupes only.

Interestingly enough though, one of the file photos for 2000 shows the optional rear lip / standard Si lip as this lip! It's actually in the accessories manual like that. Weird.

JDMJNKY

Banned
Hey guys... the day I ever install my lip on my EM1 I will show you they do fit flush on EM1's w/ out ripping up the brackets, on a 99-00 bumper. But that won't be for ages LOL

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know they were 98 only to fit 96-98. I use to own one. But I knew I heard it somewhere that it has brackets to fit 99-00. Thats why I asked that. And then I realized you said it in your build up thread lol, here it is:
The lip has brackets to make it fit a 99-00. I don't know how good of a fitment it will be though.
Hey guys... the day I ever install my lip on my EM1 I will show you they do fit flush on EM1's w/ out ripping up the brackets, on a 99-00 bumper. But that won't be for ages LOL
And heres another guy who says it will fit. I've also read it somewhere on another forum, I forget which one.

I was just curious since I had heard it a few times from a few people. I mean I know it doesn't make since simply because...well it was made in 98 before 99-00 came out lol.

And also like NOFX stated...There is a stock honda image of EBP 99-00 Si with the 98 rear lip. I thought it was weird too lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know they were 98 only to fit 96-98. I use to own one. But I knew I heard it somewhere that it has brackets to fit 99-00. Thats why I asked that. And then I realized you said it in your build up thread lol, here it is:

And heres another guy who says it will fit. I've also read it somewhere on another forum, I forget which one.

I was just curious since I had heard it a few times from a few people. I mean I know it doesn't make since simply because...well it was made in 98 before 99-00 came out lol.

And also like NOFX stated...There is a stock honda image of EBP 99-00 Si with the 98 rear lip. I thought it was weird too lol
Right, but when people ordered that lip from the catalog, they got the '99-'00 rear lip.

The brackets might also work for '99-'00 rear bumpers, but they're not made for '99-'00 rear bumpers. You could have them made custom if you so desired.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh, yeah. When I got bought it, the seller said the brackets were made for 99-00 bumpers. But when I got it, it still didn't sit flush with my 99-00 bumper. So I just went ahead and bought a 96-98 bumper and it sits flush.

JDMJNKY

Banned
Here are my images of proof.. I'm only taking pics of these two. Simply because, they are the only two un-boxed.

Flat Black Front # 08F01 S04

Rear Paint matched to my EM1 ( milano red - repainted Greene) # 7v10 so4

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
reserving a spot for a pic later. But im sure everyone can vouch anyhow :thumbup: