ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No hood is going to stop you from driving it? Do something a little more crippling like take the rims of or drain the oil...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No hood is going to stop you from driving it? Do something a little more crippling like take the rims of or drain the oil...
I dont know about you, but for one id like to not get pulled over by police and secondly, people online know about my car but not very in person. I like being just another "stickered up ricer with a shiny muffler". I dont turn many heads

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know about you, but for one id like to not get pulled over by police and secondly, people online know about my car but not very in person. I like being just another "stickered up ricer with a shiny muffler". I dont turn many heads
I've driven my WRX and my CX hatch to get new hoods, without hoods (pull up, bolt on and go!). Both times I was pulled over without my hoods. Both times it was for speeding :roll: I didn't know they actually care about that (no hoods).

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've driven my WRX and my CX hatch to get new hoods, without hoods (pull up, bolt on and go!). Both times I was pulled over without my hoods. Both times it was for speeding :roll: I didn't know they actually care about that (no hoods).
It's illegal here. Whether if they site you for it or not is up to the officer. They hassle people in my area. It's a nicer area where, I'll just say there aren't many people like me around here, so I don't need extra attention drawn to me. Had a cop ride side by side with me with the flood light on me for a few miles until I rolled my window down and said WTF!

I work with some sheriffs, and even talking with them about the hood thing, they advised against it due to how some of them are. I'm too old to be riding around risking it for no reason

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:thumbs up still looks good!
Thanks man.

Ripped the transmission off today and pulled off the clutch, aka, things I should have done the last time it was apart. Oh well. That's what I get for rushing.

The pressure plate bolt that was at the top here was backed out about halfway.

yummy
[url=https://flic.kr/p/nDLH1X]

Not sure what clutch i'll end up going with. I don't need anything fancy so we'll see. I'll either just get another 6 puck Action clutch like I had or just a simple Exedy stage 1 and call it a day.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup man, what have the supplier of the clutch/flywheel said about problem here? Hey what radiator is that? I didn't see it on your parts list on page 1.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup man, what have the supplier of the clutch/flywheel said about problem here? Hey what radiator is that? I didn't see it on your parts list on page 1.
I never asked about the clutch. The bearing was the issue anyway. Metal flying around the trans beating up everything and transmission fluid everywhere inside kinda ruins things. I didn't loctite my pressure plate bolts, I'm to blame on that. Even with all the damage and bolt halfway out, the clutch was still holding. Just not at WOT. Given the circumstances, it did quite well.

The radiator was a part of my hybrid racing coming swap package. It's a k swap specific Griffin radiator.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I never asked about the clutch. The bearing was the issue anyway. Metal flying around the trans beating up everything and transmission fluid everywhere inside kinda ruins things. I didn't loctite my pressure plate bolts, I'm to blame on that. Even with all the damage and bolt halfway out, the clutch was still holding. Just not at WOT. Given the circumstances, it did quite well.

The radiator was a part of my hybrid racing coming swap package. It's a k swap specific Griffin radiator.
ah. ok. Never heard of that brand before. my first aftermarket rad was a Koyo which end up leaking on me.
That got replaced by mishimoto. Damn man i miss my civic.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never heard of anyone using loctite on a pressure plate bolt but okay.

Good luck sir.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Good luck sir.

I loctite or antiseize everything. Don't want it coming loose or seized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Good luck sir.
It's typically recommended. They are only torqued to 19ft/lbs and responsible for something a bit important, so it makes sense.

Well, Action Clutch got in touch with me and I'll be picking up another one of their beefy 6puck stage 4 clutches. I'll install it properly this time lol and I shouldn't have to be back inside the trans for a long time.

Aussie

5+ Year Member
Awesome build, you had a nicely built Integra on CI if I remember right.

I loctite or antiseize everything. Don't want it coming loose.

Yea especially something that's not easily accessible or could do damage if it fell out.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome build, you had a nicely built Integra on CI if I remember right.
OG stuff right there. Man that integra was such a POS. I tried to save it, gave up quick though lol.

Gotta pick up some misc hardware and then wait on my clutch to arrive. I actually pulled the trigger on a weaker clutch just to get myself rolling before Action Clutch hit me up. So the other clutch, an Exedy Stage 1 has been sold and the action 6puck will be going in

Aussie

5+ Year Member
You talking about the DC5, I thought it was sweet, but good to see you in the game still.
Those Action clutches got a good name in the Mazda community, it should work well for you.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You talking about the DC5, I thought it was sweet, but good to see you in the game still.
Those Action clutches got a good name in the Mazda community, it should work well for you.
I was talking about an old LS integra i picked up at one point. The DC5 was nice, and really simple. I didn't get to get into that one as much as I wanted since it was rear ended and totaled.

On the phone with Action Clutch early in the day and got squared away with another beefy 2MS 6 Puck clutch. Super fast and smooth transaction, they even shipped it out same day with 2 day priority! Happy about that. Had nothing to do on the car, so I just went out and waxed the little bit of paint that's on it and took some pics on the slop just sitting and waiting.

cant wait to get rid of this cluster

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nHLHDE]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o33xZ2]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nHMBit]

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant wait to get rid of this cluster
What are you looking at replacing it with?

Btw, after reading (everything) but about the header install, I cleaned up my polished manifold for install with some Windex and it's a really nice almond gold look. Much props there, CHILD knows what's up :nod:

I also meant to ask how you like you collection of shift knobs? I lost all of mine after selling my Honda and your collection inspired me to seek out new ones (Was excited to find my old FEEL'S knob still around! :D) I may end up grabbing the K-Tuned shifter and I was mostly curious how the Delrin was, weight? I'm not sure what my DC5R 5MT knob weighs, but it's kinda nice, solid. The FEEL'S at 290g was awesome from what I remember, and that was a stock GSR shifter and bushings. Seeker and ARC 400g balls seem a little heavy but I've never fondled them :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you looking at replacing it with?

Btw, after reading (everything) but about the header install, I cleaned up my polished manifold for install with some Windex and it's a really nice almond gold look. Much props there, CHILD knows what's up :nod:

I also meant to ask how you like you collection of shift knobs? I lost all of mine after selling my Honda and your collection inspired me to seek out new ones (Was excited to find my old FEEL'S knob still around! :D) I may end up grabbing the K-Tuned shifter and I was mostly curious how the Delrin was, weight? I'm not sure what my DC5R 5MT knob weighs, but it's kinda nice, solid. The FEEL'S at 290g was awesome from what I remember, and that was a stock GSR shifter and bushings. Seeker and ARC 400g balls seem a little heavy but I've never fondled them :lol:
Just going to replace it with a s2000 cluster retrofit.

I enjoy collecting the shift knobs. I've been getting a whole range of weights. The delrin knobs are really light weight. I actually enjoy the feel of the carbon Mugen knob and the really lightweight knobs the most. Planning on grabbing a titanium FEEL'S knob eventually.

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
Just going to replace it with a s2000 cluster retrofit.

I enjoy collecting the shift knobs. I've been getting a whole range of weights. The delrin knobs are really light weight. I actually enjoy the feel of the carbon Mugen knob and the really lightweight knobs the most. Planning on grabbing a titanium FEEL'S knob eventually.
yea ICB got it in like 3 weeks ago so JDM ;)