CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea ICB got it in like 3 weeks ago so JDM ;)
Uhmmm, they've been getting ahold of them for years. They just recently put them on the website. It's a not a discontinued piece. A Japanese made product definitely is jdm Captain Obvious

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got a couple of nuts I needed/wanted to make everything nice again and I got all 6 new pressure plate bolts since they are super cheap. Waiting on my clutch to arrive and I plan on just buying a new flywheel. Don't like the idea of resurfacing. Definitely want to stay with a light one at 8lbs.

Finally cut a section for the 5th gear lockout to be easily used. The only other random interior thing that's annoying is my drivers side dash vent. Has No clips, so it just falls out when I accelerate quickly.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only other random interior thing that's annoying is my drivers side dash vent. Has No clips, so it just falls out when I accelerate quickly.

Your car is just that powerful, eh? :cool:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your car is just that powerful, eh? :cool:
Walking stock turbo b series swaps, so I think my car scoots along pretty good.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, about how many miles did your longblock had when you bought it?

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Walking stock turbo b series swaps, so I think my car scoots along pretty good.
I want this motor. :yummy:

Wondering if it would be smart to grab a block and just assemble it from the ground up. Less money at 1 time on parts may be more enticing / easier for a build. Plus, to throw in some stiffer rods, balance the crank, oil pump, blah blah. If a boosted setup needs stronger parts, it's all got to be torn down anyway. I guess some would argue that point...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Child, about how many miles did your longblock had when you bought it?
13k from an auto tsx
I want this motor. :yummy:

Wondering if it would be smart to grab a block and just assemble it from the ground up. Less money at 1 time on parts may be more enticing / easier for a build. Plus, to throw in some stiffer rods, balance the crank, oil pump, blah blah. If a boosted setup needs stronger parts, it's all got to be torn down anyway. I guess some would argue that point...
For a k24 block, you'd be around the same price if you built a k24a4/a8 block since those are much cheaper to start with. Boosted Ks handle a ton of power completely stock. I'd build the block if you wanted more than 450whp.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
13k from an auto tsx

For a k24 block, you'd be around the same price if you built a k24a4/a8 block since those are much cheaper to start with. Boosted Ks handle a ton of power completely stock. I'd build the block if you wanted more than 450whp.
Wow, you got that thing damn near brand new. Not even broken in.

I was looking at a GT30R setup which could push over or keep me under that line depending on the tune. Will be looking into smaller options vs building a block. Getting a complete swap to tear apart and replace the guts makes no sense.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, you got that thing damn near brand new. Not even broken in.

I was looking at a GT30R setup which could push over or keep me under that line depending on the tune. Will be looking into smaller options vs building a block. Getting a complete swap to tear apart and replace the guts makes no sense.
yeah, just like B series, I wouldn't buy a k20aR motor or a TSX motor to take it apart. They're too potent and nice as is. The cheap K24 blocks, accord, element, and crv are good platforms to start with. There's even quite a few stock longblock k24a4's boosted in the mid 400's.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Action Clutch 6 puck.

Couple of whp adders

Just like before but fully closed in Springs

Threw it all back together and jumped on those break in miles.

Drove in a quiet area just to check for leaks and what not then put it back in the garage.

Not excited to do my laps up and down the roads to break in the clutch. But it feels good to not be driving my autotragic all the time.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad that you're back on the road!

Is it ever a pain explaining to your wife why you need new things? Like a new clutch? :lol: I just know it is with mine. She acts like she wants to know but when I go into detail I'm speaking Latin to her :P

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad that you're back on the road!

Is it ever a pain explaining to your wife why you need new things? Like a new clutch? :lol: I just know it is with mine. She acts like she wants to know but when I go into detail I'm speaking Latin to her :P
No. A lot of it she doesn't really understand straight up and I might find something to relate it too so she can get it. She knows how I like to put my car together and she's the same way with things; going overboard to have everything just right, so it works out for us.

Aussie

5+ Year Member

Why did they cover the damper? That makes no sense; more weight, less air flow, more heat.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why did they cover the damper? That makes no sense; more weight, less air flow, more heat.
It's very open, plenty of space for airflow. The only things truly closed in are the springs.

Not the best pic to show it but this is the first clutch, my current one is the same except fully caged springs this time

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on getting itback on the road. How did it drive so far?

No. A lot of it she doesn't really understand straight up and I might find something to relate it too so she can get it. She knows how I like to put my car together and she's the same way with things; going overboard to have everything just right, so it works out for us.
Thats great that she shares a similar attention to detail and is understanding. Otherwise, your detailed car would be a potential source for constant questioning and nagging.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on getting itback on the road. How did it drive so far?

Thats great that she shares a similar attention to detail and is understanding. Otherwise, your detailed car would be a potential source for constant questioning and nagging.
Honestly, she pushes me a lot of the time to pay attention to details or don't half ass it. All the time spent saving makes you want to cut corners lol.

Man it feels great to be back in the car. Even with keeping the revs down and light throttle it's fun. Im a happy camper.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Honestly, she pushes me a lot of the time to pay attention to details or don't half ass it. All the time spent saving makes you want to cut corners lol.
Ha! Thats great though that she also encourages near perfection. I think most of us will agree that most women rather just complain about at least some part the process. I guess she also deserves some of the praise for your build.

Man it feels great to be back in the car. Even with keeping the revs down and light throttle it's fun. Im a happy camper.
Thats great. And now to wait for the post-break-in update.