CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I feel the same way. I like both sizes pretty equally. Wheel choices and my 4lug setup kinda keeps me wanting 15's, plus the fact that the CTR has 15's.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel the same way. I like both sizes pretty equally. Wheel choices and my 4lug setup kinda keeps me wanting 15's, plus the fact that the CTR has 15's.
In its original state yes! But it also came with a tire close to 195/55/15:confused:

low profile tire with 15 just doesnt seem to fill the wheel well, but then again it looks so damn good. Its 6 one way half a dozen the other!
:thumbup: nonetheless

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In its original state yes! But it also came with a tire close to 195/55/15:confused:

low profile tire with 15 just doesnt seem to fill the wheel well, but then again it looks so damn good. Its 6 one way half a dozen the other!
:thumbup: nonetheless
a 195/55 isn't low profile....that's a 107mm sidewall. Mine look meaty with a 102mm sidewall. Overall since I want an aggressive look down the line, the 15's suit me better. But if i was just trying to shine, it'd be 16's all day.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm still learning about tire size but most civics in my town are on 15's. Everyone likes riding around dumped. I want 16's but I'm not sure what size tire will give me the look I want I'm not a fan of meaty tires or low profile. I want something in the middle.

This is what I'm going for:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342780878.813373.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342780944.777880.jpg

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You're washer fluid bottle
Valve cover ground
low brake fluid indicator wires
:thumbs up
I relocated the ground wire to the back of the engine block since the last picture. I'm pretty happy with my tucked washer fluid lines, but you're right the bottle could always go too. When you remove those brake lines, does the brake light come on in the cluster?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm still learning about tire size but most civics in my town are on 15's. Everyone likes riding around dumped. I want 16's but I'm not sure what size tire will give me the look I want I'm not a fan of meaty tires or low profile. I want something in the middle.

This is what I'm going for:
View attachment 23170View attachment 23171
That car is on a low profile tire. That's a 205/40. A nice in the middle tire used on a 16" wheel is a 205/45 16(of course the width is relative to the wheel width) I'd aim for a 90mm sidewall for a good middle of the road tire.

I relocated the ground wire to the back of the engine block since the last picture. I'm pretty happy with my tucked washer fluid lines, but you're right the bottle could always go too. When you remove those brake lines, does the brake light come on in the cluster?
The light will be on if just disconnected. Simply run the wires together :thumbs up

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks a side wall just a little bigger then the itr's above is right where I want to be. 90mm sound like it will do the job. I'm not use to millimeters I do everything in fractions of an inch so it hard to imagine it but I converted it and it's looks like that will be my starting point when buying tires.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What's up man?! Hope he Mrs. And the baby are healthy and well. I had a quick question, are you running any type of adjustable camber in the front or rear? And if not, did your camber pitch evenly on both sides? Thanks bro!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's up man?! Hope he Mrs. And the baby are healthy and well. I had a quick question, are you running any type of adjustable camber in the front or rear? And if not, did your camber pitch evenly on both sides? Thanks bro!
No camber kits at all front or rear. The camber is basically even on both sides. when i was on the rack it would show a .1* of difference if any.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No camber kits at all front or rear. The camber is basically even on both sides. when i was on the rack it would show a .1* of difference if any.
dang dood, you found a solid ej6 chassis. thats pretty kool, thank you again man, it sits so mean..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bent a wheel :( I was forced to run over a huge log of wood at about 50mph that fell out of a truck. It's not a big dent...but a dent no less. Grrrr. Tires are fine and no other damage. having that wheel like this pisses me off.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bent a wheel :( I was forced to run over a huge log of wood at about 50mph that fell out of a truck. It's not a big dent...but a dent no less. Grrrr. Tires are fine and no other damage. having that wheel like this pisses me off.
Damn homie, gonna buy a replacement or roll with it?