CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, at first glance it looks like my ride sittin in your driveway, hard to get used to the black! :thumbup:
ON A K Swap Note: whats your plans for whole cooling setup? Full size or half size? Hoses? gonna polish the rad?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, at first glance it looks like my ride sittin in your driveway, hard to get used to the black! :thumbup:
ON A K Swap Note: whats your plans for whole cooling setup? Full size or half size? Hoses? gonna polish the rad?
Twins! Haha
Going full size Griffin, twin 12" fans, hybrid hoses, OEM thermostat, OEM fan switch, and I want a cooling plate as well
I vote for Spoon =)

What would you do to the cooling system instead? New rad?
Going big with cooling since Honda does. All their 2L and up motors run a full size radiator so I figured I should too.
Did they ever find your white EG or anything?
Nope.

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ballin with the Griffin, nice reason for the full size vs half size, never even looked at it in that perspective! And i would stay away from k-tuned water plate, havent seen anything good from them.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never seen a water plate break or leak.

I want a cooling plate for the top of the core support. I'll probably have to notch it to fit around the radiator.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
makes no sense....Im a spoon sports guy, this whip is mugen'd out with a B series.

autobots....facepalm

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's nice to see someone put together a slammed car with PROPER tire fitment, none of that stretched out unsafe bullshit!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont understand why everyone says its unsafe, beads only unseat with to low of a tire pressure or hit a big ass pothole

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont understand why everyone says its unsafe, beads only unseat with to low of a tire pressure or hit a big ass pothole
because you reduce the integrity of the sidewall. That's the unsafe part. Everytime you turn the wheels you put pressure in a place that doesn't have nearly as much strength as it should.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because you reduce the integrity of the sidewall. That's the unsafe part. Everytime you turn the wheels you put pressure in a place that doesn't have nearly as much strength as it should.
yeah, but unless you are running a rediculous amount of stretch the chances of your sidewall falling apart are slim to none

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Thank you,
Stretch may be cool to get that aggressive tuck, but it's not the right way to do it.

Child does it right.. like a boss! :thumbs up

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thank you,
Stretch may be cool to get that aggressive tuck, but it's not the right way to do it.

Child does it right.. like a boss! :thumbs up
I've never understood people wanting to tuck/stretch so bad that it reduces the safety/integrity of the tire... kinda counter-productive in my opinion.