CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

Danielrod61

Registered VIP
I'm curious, are there ever times when you're driving the car and you have to drive up a big hill or something and you wish you had this motor in the car already? Lol my sohc kills me on some of the hills around here.
I'm gonna answer this one-

Houston is ultra flat. Haha. The biggest hill is an overpass on our highways.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So I ended up getting that k24z3 (09 TSX) block to go along with my k20z3 head. My trans is the 6 speed non LSD from the 06 RSX-S (Z1?). The K20 boards are so freakn big and threads are bumped faster than I can read them. Do you have link to where I can find all the swap info I need to get this mounted in my EF wagon? I have a couple people texting me from my WTB thread on K20A but now that I have that K24, I'm back to ground zero on what I think/thought I needed. And reading your post above, what ECU do you recommend?

My plan is get the minimum to drop this in and run it ASAP before winter hits and then do a tear down and "build" some time later when i'm ready to do paint/body. Snow will be on the ground as early as Sep and i'll be gone half the month of Aug so time is running short for me. I do have a garage but I like to do my work in the driveway where the lighting is better under 24 hrs of daylight (which will quickly turn to 24hrs of darkness).

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I ended up getting that k24z3 (09 TSX) block to go along with my k20z3 head. My trans is the 6 speed non LSD from the 06 RSX-S (Z1?). The K20 boards are so freakn big and threads are bumped faster than I can read them. Do you have link to where I can find all the swap info I need to get this mounted in my EF wagon? I have a couple people texting me from my WTB thread on K20A but now that I have that K24, I'm back to ground zero on what I think/thought I needed. And reading your post above, what ECU do you recommend?

My plan is get the minimum to drop this in and run it ASAP before winter hits and then do a tear down and "build" some time later when i'm ready to do paint/body. Snow will be on the ground as early as Sep and i'll be gone half the month of Aug so time is running short for me. I do have a garage but I like to do my work in the driveway where the lighting is better under 24 hrs of daylight (which will quickly turn to 24hrs of darkness).
Damn! That's a PM worthy post I think!

Kerry, Any word on wireworx harness?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Yeah.. It was. But.. Eh. It's a build thread bump :thumbs up

I can copy/paste it to PM and change that post to say something like. "Awesome build man" or ... "That valve cover is so sweet bump for you OMGOMGOMGOMG"...

In the end, I figure what ever.. This thread is already 8000 pages long so what does it matter if one more post is OT a little bit ;) Besides, some people don't like to go back and forth over PM's filling up their boxes. Up to CHILD I guess. I can do what ever...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The K20 boards are so freakn big and threads are bumped faster than I can read them. And reading your post above, what ECU do you recommend?
MAGIC: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1040
For an ECU, just use a PRB (rsx type S) ECU and get Kpro.
Kerry, Any word on wireworx harness?
Not yet since I haven't even reached the 3-6 week max turn around for harnesses. The instant that I do though, i'll be knocking out conversion harness from them as well. Besides Kpro and an exhaust, my most expensive swap part is down to $200. Feels nice to easily pick up things now.

Normal wear and tear kicked in a bit recently. My driver's side window regulator started to act up on me, leaving the driver's side window down about 1" from the top. Of course it would start raining when this happened. I picked up a replacement one, not genuine oem, and threw it in. It was all there, installed just fine, but now my driver's side window button works in the opposite manner. That's what I get for not getting a real oem piece. Oh well.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely thread worthy....After I responded to K-N-2-EK's post about the wireworx harness update, I sent a message to them with a couple of minor concerns that I had. They were just about some specifics of wire locations that I wanted. Literally 16 minutes later I had a very detailed response about my concerns and the what's being done with my harness!! Customer service like a boss. Being a business owner myself, I really respect that and I understand turn around times and I even provide a strict turn around 'window' so to speak so I have no problem waiting the aforementioned time.

Just thought i'd share that.

Went ahead and ordered my completely Plug and Play K conversion harness!!!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Xavier has the game on lock. His prices are killing it and his customer service! To top it off he has one hell of a staff that pumps out sikk harness after sikk harness! I can't wait to do business with him when the time is right! Hearing your experience tops it off!

Can't wait for the ball to really get rolling again on this! I seen on Facebook you commented on one of your posts that "the swap will happen this year" :D

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Xavier has the game on lock. His prices are killing it and his customer service! To top it off he has one hell of a staff that pumps out sikk harness after sikk harness! I can't wait to do business with him when the time is right! Hearing your experience tops it off!

Can't wait for the ball to really get rolling again on this! I seen on Facebook you commented on one of your posts that "the swap will happen this year" :D
:party2::party2::party2:

Can't wait!!!...:D

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well the damn car couldn't wait to give me another annoyance. I hit up the gym late night and what do you know, a headlight goes out :x

I placed an order for a Volt digital HID kit at 4300K.

Caleb.N

Well the damn car couldn't wait to give me another annoyance. I hit up the gym late night and what do you know, a headlight goes out :x

I placed an order for a Volt digital HID kit at 4300K.

Well thats the joys of having an HID kit never know when its going to give up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well thats the joys of having an HID kit never know when its going to give up.
I didn't have an HID kit in my car. Factory halogen bulbs from who knows when. They are the ones that came with my car when i bought it. I've never had an HID kit fail on me. The kit that i trust in and use always lasts, although it's not the cheapest. My brother has had his in his DC5 for 5 years now.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm liking the wheels more and more. At first when you posted them, I wasn't too high on them but the more I see them the more I like them.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those wheels are classic man - on or off the car.

SiR.Huey

MAGIC: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1040
Normal wear and tear kicked in a bit recently. My driver's side window regulator started to act up on me, leaving the driver's side window down about 1" from the top. Of course it would start raining when this happened. I picked up a replacement one, not genuine oem, and threw it in. It was all there, installed just fine, but now my driver's side window button works in the opposite manner. That's what I get for not getting a real oem piece. Oh well.
This has happened to both of my windows.. its kinda annnoying because now I am super cautious when I roll my windows up I try not to hold too long or press the button too much checking to make sure the windows are all the way up. On top of it my Passenger window button likes to hold like its sticky internally or something like that because it doesn't just snap back (like the driver button right next to it) and causes the system to continue to roll the window up after I have let off.. oh the small imperfect things that get to you ya know? _end rant.

Oh and I am a huge fan of the new wheels. I swear I put those on everyone of my cars in Forza motorsports. haha.. anyway. Keep it up man. "If you buy them.. the parts will come." ;)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This has happened to both of my windows.. its kinda annnoying because now I am super cautious when I roll my windows up I try not to hold too long or press the button too much checking to make sure the windows are all the way up. On top of it my Passenger window button likes to hold like its sticky internally or something like that because it doesn't just snap back (like the driver button right next to it) and causes the system to continue to roll the window up after I have let off.. oh the small imperfect things that get to you ya know? _end rant.

Oh and I am a huge fan of the new wheels. I swear I put those on everyone of my cars in Forza motorsports. haha.. anyway. Keep it up man. "If you buy them.. the parts will come." ;)
Hahaha. I feel ya. Im kinda cautious now too even though I greased the new tracks really good. I was more upset that it took away from my build lol.

Speaking of the build, just received my Ktuned shifter cables. I originally set out to buy oem spec shifter cables but after a talk with Sean from Ktuned, I ended up with their Race spec shifter cables along with the billet shifter cable bracket FTW. I had a deal I simply couldn't refuse. I'm super grateful for the customer service I received throughout this transaction. I'll definitely vouch for the guys at Ktuned! Ill get some pics up eventually, like usual.