CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally plugged my brake booster location on the RBC manifold

some ugly damage around the top since I had trouble removing the oem fitting, oh well, temporary manifold

Steering rack finally came in from my ebay purchase. Wasn't an actual oem rack, it's a remanned manual Eg rack.

The paint on this thing chips really easily. Some was chipped out of the box, and from me wiping off some of the dust, it actually chipped in other places. Cheap POS

Blends in well

More small Spoon for the time being

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's finally happening... :rolf:
Yes sir. Shopping around for a ws2. Cheapest I've found is 599 shipped. I miss the early 2000s when everyone wanted a n1 type exhaust, ws2's were like 300 then.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Positive battery terminal and power cable arrived

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where's the battery going?
Stock location. The charging harness has to be modified for the k swap, so I went with new wires and connections to get the job done rather than reusing the ugly stock stuff. Only the fuse box will move into the cabin, my wire-worx harness is already setup to have the fuse box inside.

Just gotta run the battery to fuse box line, and battery to starter. Both done with clean crimpless connections

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Very Nice Man! Your attention to detail is nuts! Also congrats on Honda Tuning Magazine sharing a lot of your photos! =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very Nice Man! Your attention to detail is nuts! Also congrats on Honda Tuning Magazine sharing a lot of your photos! =)
Thanks man. Yeah I had Matt "Rodrez" get in touch with me concerning photos. It's a cool feeling.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where is this at? I want to go see them
Just normal event coverage, they use them on their social media for now, that's all.
Looks like copper to me, nice! :thumbup:
Yes sir. Proper power cable.

More tid bits and minor details

Monster 300 crimpless ring terminals to finish off the starter wiring and the battery to fuse box wire. Black chrome too!

blends in perfectly

Got 1 of 3 boxes delivered, this is my engine hoist.

Ultra super mega regular Type One decal thrown on

Downstar license plate bolts, I don't think I've shown them before. Clearly they hold up in the weather.

Prothane bushings for the front sway bar

Still gotta get some money together to finally buy my exhaust. Trying to finish off the engine setup and save for Vegas at the same damn time lol.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like that bushing kit! Looked just like my energy master kit I used. They make a big difference for sure!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
And shiny bushing holders I must say!!!
Yes sir, thanks again!
What made you pick a k24a2 over a k20a2?
the k24a2 makes more torque than the peak torque of an equally modded k20a2 across the ENTIRE rev range and typically the same hp all the way to 7600rpm. So same power, tons more torque, less revs.....and the common thing among k swapped cars is that they tend to go from a k20 to a k24, so I figured I'd save myself the extra effort. Plus I wanted the strongest motor I could have with the least amount of mods. The k24a2 is like the ITR B18C.

SkylarIAm

Registered VIP
Yes sir, thanks again!

the k24a2 makes more torque than the peak torque of an equally modded k20a2 across the ENTIRE rev range and typically the same hp all the way to 7600rpm. So same power, tons more torque, less revs.....and the common thing among k swapped cars is that they tend to go from a k20 to a k24, so I figured I'd save myself the extra effort. Plus I wanted the strongest motor I could have with the least amount of mods. The k24a2 is like the ITR B18C.

Any particular reason for a k20a2 tranny over a k24a2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any particular reason for a k20a2 tranny over a k24a2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't mount a tsx trans in the chassis. Plus again, went with a DC5 ITR since it's one of the fastest transmissions. I want to stay NA, and the close ratios should pull pretty insane. A tsx trans is a slush box like a base model rsx. I actually want to go with a spoon final drive later on if I have to rebuild the trans.