Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How is Nova liking the swap? How did he react to it lol

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you work out anymore of the problems you were having with the CEL and bogging?

SiR.Huey

Good stuff child! Can't wait to see the numbers you put down!

Are you going to dyno and tune with this set up? Or wait for itb's?

Guess I'm kinda trying to see how soon this will all be happening cause of the hype created from the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How is Nova liking the swap? How did he react to it lol
It's so funny to see, but if I start it up he basically starts running in place. He gets hella excited.
Did you work out anymore of the problems you were having with the CEL and bogging?
Haven't had time to do much of anything with work and photos besides investigate online. I'm just undoing all the little issues I created. I should be good to go afterwards.
Good stuff child! Can't wait to see the numbers you put down!

Are you going to dyno and tune with this set up? Or wait for itb's?

Guess I'm kinda trying to see how soon this will all be happening cause of the hype created from the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll be getting this setup tuned. I want it as a baseline number since these are pretty close to the average bolt ons used. It's so common to have an oem manifold on Ks and that seems weird to me (using b series knowledge) the engines usually respond well at some point or another in the rev range to a larger manifold than the biggest oem offering. A lot of people do all the supporting mods with a manifold upgrade and of course get great results, but I want to see how things are with all aftermarket ins and outs and stock internals. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the very few willing to do that

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would advise on not being so obsessed with number readings as each dyno machines give different readings, also environment conditions are all different around the country ( Elevation, humidity, ambient air temps...etc) also fueling makes a HUGE difference as it may allow for more timing which in turn makes more power.

Out here in California, we have readily available is 91. Suckie. Hahaha.

I was only able to make 195whp and 155 tq ( on a dynapack ) and I've walked on those claiming they make 220+ with the same setup as mine (k20a2 with I/H/E with a tune in a "EK" ) but hey, winning in itself speaks the truth hahaha.

And since you persist on making as much power from an OEM stand point. I've read where people have used the 50* VTC cam gear with their k24 setups but locked it at 40ish degrees to avoid p2v issues.

Good luck to you man. Enjoy the ride.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would advise on not being so obsessed with number readings as each dyno machines give different readings, also environment conditions are all different around the country ( Elevation, humidity, ambient air temps...etc) also fueling makes a HUGE difference as it may allow for more timing which in turn makes more power.

Out here in California, we have readily available is 91. Suckie. Hahaha.

I was only able to make 195whp and 155 tq ( on a dynapack ) and I've walked on those claiming they make 220+ with the same setup as mine (k20a2 with I/H/E with a tune in a "EK" ) but hey, winning in itself speaks the truth hahaha.

And since you persist on making as much power from an OEM stand point. I've read where people have used the 50* VTC cam gear with their k24 setups but locked it at 40ish degrees to avoid p2v issues.

Good luck to you man. Enjoy the ride.
nobody is obsessed with numbers, there's a reason I want a baseline number to go off of with my own setup. My guesses as to what i'll make is based off of the dyno I plan on being on, my elevation, my readily available gas, 93 pump, and so on. I also already have a oem 50* VTC gear and I have a '06 TSX longblock so there is no p2v issue and peak power with the tsx longblock typically doesn't need more than 45* at any given point on oem cams. Not my first K, just my first K swap

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a lot of people put those factors into consideration and yet still come at people and say. " well I have/know a friend that made X amount of power. How come yours isn't the same? Somethings wrong there or your tuner sucks "

That is what I always encounter and was just hoping you won't go thru that.

Again. Enjoy the ride man. I love how the k series just hums at high rpms. Gets me smiling from ear to ear. But the power bug is getting to me. Boost in the works for me.

Look forward to your future progress.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a lot of people put those factors into consideration and yet still come at people and say. " well I have/know a friend that made X amount of power. How come yours isn't the same? Somethings wrong there or your tuner sucks "

That is what I always encounter and was just hoping you won't go thru that.

Again. Enjoy the ride man. I love how the k series just hums at high rpms. Gets me smiling from ear to ear. But the power bug is getting to me. Boost in the works for me.

Look forward to your future progress.
I feel you man. It's like my buddys integra. His dyno number looks low but the car moves. Im waiting for his updated tune to see improvements. I was amazed at his initial tune since he gained 40whp and almost 30tq. With mine, im hoping to see any kind of gain with going with an aftermarket huge induction on a stock motor.

In other news....I left a tire trail in my driveway today on accident. 1st gear is a no no

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics of said trail!
:cool:

need to get this thing aligned and im going to redo my return fuel line. I used a mini tube cutter and it was a PITA to make a nice cut so i got a bigger and better cutter.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn son! I thought you just barked em. Looks like you lit em up. :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha, Honestly I thought that was all it was as well. When i got out, I was like oh s**t! lol.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What did the wife say? lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="K24a2 quiet idle with apexi ws2"]rQoBqMsrAdo[/YOUTUBE]
The car is running throughout this video at idle. Music or not, the exhaust is very similar to a factory exhaust note. Would have made a video without music but it would be even more boring than this one

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="K24a2 quiet idle with apexi ws2"]rQoBqMsrAdo[/YOUTUBE]
The car is running throughout this video at idle. Music or not, the exhaust is very similar to a factory exhaust note. Would have made a video without music but it would be even more boring than this one
Very nice!

My GSR with some decent head work through a DC header, random tech cat and a WS2 exhaust (back when they were like $300 :lol:) sounded awesome. They are very well toned and just give it a very sporty, quiet stock sound. I love it.

I want to hear this thing take off and some cabin vids

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aw, should of made it without music ,a lot of us would have appreciate that.