civic type r conversion

redsidriver2

Banned
competition engineering control arms

Jon said:
You know a good site for recycled or used OEM parts?
I am lookin for 96-00 EX front LCA's and sway w/endlinks?
Much Lighter and stronger than your stock units. Chromemoly lower control arms reduce your weight up to 24 pounds. Easy to install with basic hand tools. Chrome moly construction is lighter and stronger than stock unit, saving 24 pounds in weight for both sides. Direct, bolt-in replacement is simple to install with common hand tools and requires no welding. Unlike rubber bushings used in stock control arm, spherical bearings allow suspension to move freely without binding or flexing. Black powder coat finish for long lasting appearance 2 per package, includes all mounting hardware. they are about 450 for the set

Jon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
Much Lighter and stronger than your stock units. Chromemoly lower control arms reduce your weight up to 24 pounds. Easy to install with basic hand tools. Chrome moly construction is lighter and stronger than stock unit, saving 24 pounds in weight for both sides. Direct, bolt-in replacement is simple to install with common hand tools and requires no welding. Unlike rubber bushings used in stock control arm, spherical bearings allow suspension to move freely without binding or flexing. Black powder coat finish for long lasting appearance 2 per package, includes all mounting hardware. they are about 450 for the set
Are you talking about the front LCA's? Do they retain the stock demensions ans sizes? I need the stock EX's because I plan on running a JIMFAB traction bar and It is designed using the stock LCA's. I want the EX's over my DX's because then I should be able to run the EX stock front sway bar.

Toms98civ

Insomnia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why waste money turning your car into JDM when it will never be. Just go over there and by one, then you know it is JDM.

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not about "being" jdm, people that think that don't know s**t about the scene.

StTz98Ex

Would you eat this?
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.. everyone on here forgot one other thing about the type r... u have to get rid of all your undercoating, and if its a civic type r your going for, it has to be a hatch.. im almost sure thats the only civic type r they made.. a hatch.. dont forget the shift knob too.. i dont think that was mentioned. and i dont think the carbon fiber dash inlays were mentioned either...

and as for the lca's.. i just bought one today at H.A.P. recycling in sacramento for 45 bucks.., so u can get a set for about 90 bucks.. and the one i got was for a 98 ex.. so try a junk yard..

civic_chaser

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For some reason, the only color you guys ever mentioned being a CTR was Championship White...

It also comes in Yellow, Black, Silver!

and the coment about tuning a Maxima into a Skyline made no sense at all..... Chassis has no resemblence at all....

Now a EJ6 and a EK9 have the exact same chassis, only the EK9 is more durable and Ridgid! Stop this bickering and relize that if its yours... do watever you want to it!!!!

iamgod

Banned
civic_chaser said:
For some reason, the only color you guys ever mentioned being a CTR was Championship White...

It also comes in Yellow, Black, Silver!

and the coment about tuning a Maxima into a Skyline made no sense at all..... Chassis has no resemblence at all....

Now a EJ6 and a EK9 have the exact same chassis, only the EK9 is more durable and Ridgid! Stop this bickering and relize that if its yours... do watever you want to it!!!!
uhhhh no the EK9 chassis is different

civic_chaser

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
huh??? ok..... this is goin nowere....

NO MORE USELESS POSTS PLEASE!!!!! THIS ISNT A CHAT ROOM! POST THINGS THAT MAKE SENSE!!!

iamgod

Banned
civic_chaser said:
huh??? ok..... this is goin nowere....

NO MORE USELESS POSTS PLEASE!!!!! THIS ISNT A CHAT ROOM! POST THINGS THAT MAKE SENSE!!!

i did post something that made sense, the EK9 chassis is different, its that simple, you tell me to back up my statement WHICH I CAN, but you have yet to back yours up, therfore i would like to see your supporting evidence first

civic_chaser

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
???? Wat statement did I make that I am not backing up???

Plz correct me..

Edit* WERE ARE YOU!!?

iamgod

Banned
civic_chaser said:
???? Wat statement did I make that I am not backing up???

Plz correct me..

Edit* WERE ARE YOU!!?

that one...............