cold air intake in the winter??

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
really? i dont think that is fair... imagine you have no concept of how coolant even works... you register on a car site to LEARN.. how the hell would you know that coolant doesnt belong in the oil... YOU only know this because you have learned that...

and to all of the rest of the s**t talkers.. yes the question is ridiculous... TO A ROOM FULL OR CAR ENTHUSIASTS... he OBVIOUSLY doesnt know.. hes coming here relying on YOUR knowledge to help him learn.. no reason to be cocky s**t talking assholes..
Oil is brown, coolant is clear, green, orange. Common sense takes over here.

The bottles give you information. If you seriously are starting out driving and you have no f**king clue where the oil goes or anti-freeze goes you are a f**king moron. They even teach the s**t in drivers ed.

I have no remorse if someone is that ignorant.

I am a very helpful member on this site and try to give 100% accurate information. If I read a question and know most of the answer but would have to look it up again I don't post. I've been working on Honda's for a long time now.

If you don't know what fluids go where in your car, stop driving and ride the bus.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oil is brown, coolant is clear, green, orange. Common sense takes over here.

The bottles give you information. If you seriously are starting out driving and you have no f**king clue where the oil goes or anti-freeze goes you are a f**king moron. They even teach the s**t in drivers ed.

I have no remorse if someone is that ignorant.

I am a very helpful member on this site and try to give 100% accurate information. If I read a question and know most of the answer but would have to look it up again I don't post. I've been working on Honda's for a long time now.

If you don't know what fluids go where in your car, stop driving and ride the bus.
when i say "dont intentionally provide false information to be funny"

im not asking..;)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it is true, pretty much common sense, directions are on the fuild containers.. sometimes i see some people doing things to their cars, inside and out and i too think they shouldnt even be driving, but thats just me.

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is true, pretty much common sense, directions are on the fuild containers.. sometimes i see some people doing things to their cars, inside and out and i too think they shouldnt even be driving, but thats just me.
Not really....they just shouldn't be working on their cars. It's like telling my wife: "You have to take the bus to work because you can't tell a monkey wrench from a monkey's ass"

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i say "dont intentionally provide false information to be funny"

im not asking..;)
Now don't get power hungry. Everything was in a picking manner. If someone is dumb enough to believe that s**t I feel sorry for them. I have broken no rules ;)

People are to Mr. Rogers around here sometimes and joking around is a bad thing.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now don't get power hungry. Everything was in a picking manner. If someone is dumb enough to believe that s**t I feel sorry for them. I have broken no rules ;)

People are to Mr. Rogers around here sometimes and joking around is a bad thing.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=56317&p=1014520#post1014520

6. It’s very important to keep the information on this site accurate. This is extremely important in the tech-based areas, as incorrect information could result in members buying the wrong parts, or worse yet causing actual damage to their vehicle. Please be very careful with the way that you answer questions. If you are not sure, make that clear. Repeatedly posting inaccurate information (“talking out of your ass”) will subject you to the standard warning system the site uses. We want people to post and exchange ideas, but we do not want erroneous information floating around the site. We reserve the right to reuse any information that you post on the board(this includes but is not limited to specifications, images, charts, general information, etc.). This may at times be done without sitting sources.
no power hunger here... im just telling you.. s**t like that lowers the over all quality of the site and IS against the site rules..;)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow.. i think i might have broken a rule too dude..

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow.. i think i might have broken a rule too dude..
It's one of those Mr. Roger laws, where we all sing cume-by-ya and hold hands. This place use to be a site you could speak your mind and make jokes but now they have taken away our freedom of speech. Oh well, back to acting like you are in a library.

Close thread, this question has been answer a couple of times.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jizz in the gas tank haha thats the greatest one ;D

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's one of those Mr. Roger laws, where we all sing cume-by-ya and hold hands. This place use to be a site you could speak your mind and make jokes but now they have taken away our freedom of speech. Oh well, back to acting like you are in a library.

If you don't like the rules, then leave. No one is forcing you to be here. But if you do choose to be a part of this community, then abide by the rules.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

you have no freedom.. this is a privately owned site... with rules and regulations.. they need to be followed..

If you don't like the rules, then leave. No one is forcing you to be here. But if you do choose to be a part of this community, then abide by the rules.
there you have it..:cool:

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cant we all just get along?

avenger

loves the clutch
5+ Year Member
your buddy is getting confused...

the only danger with cold air is usually when people run massive uncapped headers, usually on big v8's ... if its cold enough outside when you shut down the warm engine the headers will cool quickly allowing cold air up the pipes and against the hot exhaust valve... one side gets cold air and the other stays warm, and you can sometimes warp the valves

but thats not a problem with the intake side because you still have a nice hot intake manifold warming the air up...