d16y8 to b18b1

b18crazy

there is 0bd2a and 0bd2b and im pretty sure i need obd2b to obd1 conversion harness but i was just askin you to make sure

b18crazy

thanks jersey8. ok so i pulled the b18 out the civic today just to make it a little easier to swap the harness and as it stands now the motor is back in the car with the obd2 harness all hooked up. tomorrow hoses, fuel, axles will all be hooked up. my goal for this day is to get this thing completely done minus the jumper harness i need. i'm completely stoked, i did this whole swap with no help from any friends and i can't thank you guys enough for the tech support.

cheeseneck

Already RHD
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with your build man....u shoud post a build thread here in CC to show your progress...

Jason00

5+ Year Member
you have to upload your pics to somewhere like Imageshack.com first, then from there you can link them to anywhere here in the forums. Or at least thats the only way i know how to

b18crazy

ok so i just got my obd1 to obd2 conversion harness and hooked it up but the car wont start. it trys for about three rotations then stops and just clicks? any thoughts?

b18crazy

herre is how it stands right now...99 civic ex chassis(obd2 dash harness), b18b1 obd1 motor in it and i switched the engine harness from obd1 to the obd2 engine harness from the d16y8. i kept the b18 injectors,dizzy and alt. i just swithed the guts on the dizzy to make it obd2 and i i just matched wires on the injectors and on the alt. p75 ecu with a conversion harness. checked battery and its 100% and i put brand new ngk iradium spark plugs in it. however its still not starting. it cranks and cranks but it wont fire up. i also checked each spark plug boot to make sure i was gettin spark and i am. please help i dont have a car until this is done.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is it getting spark? do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the on position? is it getting fuel? is the main ground on the thermostat on and tight?

fearlesscivic

im doin the same swap except its goin in a 98 civic,and mine is getting fuel but not getting spark,i left the injector wires from my stock civic harness on and i can smell it gettin fuel when im trying to start it

b18crazy

yes i put a skrewdriver in each spark plug boot and all for ark. its got brand new plugs. i also took the fuel rail off to check the injectors and there is fuel commin out of them in fact you can smell fuel when i took the spark plugs out.

michilson

D16Y8 TO B18B1 Swap Please Help

Okay guys here's the run down i followed this swap and just want to make sure this is going to be hassle free for me.

I currently have a 97 Honda Civic EX D16Y8 with a spun Crank Bearing (seems to be a pattern)
It's a 5-speed with vtec.

I am replacing it with a B18B1 OBD-2 LS Acura Interga Motor 5-Speed.

The Swap Im getting is coming with Motor Trans, Axels, Mounts, ECU, And Harness for a JDM importer.

I believe this is a Full Integra front end.

So my question to you guys is will the ECU mount in the stock location under the passanger kick panel without modifications?

I am chosing to stay with OBD-2 for emission reasons I'll be running a Greddy E-manage unit for tunning when i go to a turbo.

the other question i have is this something i can do in my Apt Parking lot or should i just take it to a shop and have it done. I have no access to air tools or welders or cutters?

Thanks Guys!!

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes, the ecu will fit fine. all obd2 ecus are the same size.

keep in mind that you will need a 99-00 SI rear trans mount bracket.

it can be done in the parking lot on jacks and stands, but it will be a pain in the ass. You wont need to do any welding or cutting, but air tools will be nice to have. and you will need an engine hoist. my buddy let me use his shop it was way easier.