Daddy's Civic

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
couple ugly pics i took this morning.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
I repaired one of the major things wrong with my civic tonight. im proud of myself cus i have never fixed a ignition switch. last week my friend talked me thru the troubling shooting steps to find out what was really wrong. i had bought a new set of keys and ignition cylinder but i was mistaken. so i got the part in the mail from ebay. i was trying to take out the one in my car out and i found out who ever installed the alarm tapped into the ignition switch cable for power. im no electrician, so i didnt want to do anything. i was about to give up. but i remembered my friend told me to becareful if i take it apart because if i loose the springs that were inside, the part was worthless. well i took it apart. put the new part on the old ignition switch. the car fires up so easily now. i have a couple pics of the parts.

old worn out part where the ignition cam inserts and turns when u turn the key..not the center how worn out it is.

the inside of the old igntion switch..

the new cable, with the new part taken off and is in the car right now.

this is what it looks like put together.

Dre Da Kid

404 THE ATL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im glad that you solved the problem, bro!! treat her like pricness!!!

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
im glad that you solved the problem, bro!! treat her like pricness!!!
thanks! i actually try not to get on it much. i switch gears at 3 grand and do 40 in 5th gear. i may get on it alil on the freeway. cant help it! its a type r under the hood.

today i did something to the car that is a bit controversial. but my bumper already looked like s**t and im gonna get a new bumper next month. I went ahead and put the "Home Depot" lip on it. I think it looks cool. If you dont, thats your preference. I do plan on tracking this car and i dont wanna mess up my pretty new lip at the track. ill post pics in a couple days cus im heading out to Las Vegas. First road trip in this car. Should be lots of fun.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
well i am back from vegas. The car ran like a champ on the way over there. kept up with an audi A6. the home depot lip survived the trip. i was impressed. on the way back, the car was running fine until we got to Wikieup, Az. Google it. its in the middle of nowhere. when we are leaving the gas station the car shuts off all of a sudeen. I was 50 miles from the closest mechanic shop. i paid 200 bucks. i had spent the night in the car. luckily for me, when i woke up i got the mechanic and he got right to work. it was the ECM fuse that went out. I wasnt charged for it. Thank God! well i took some pics of the ride on the way over. check them out!

KA-CHOW!!

Got my Club Civic license plate cover..

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
Looks good! Touch up those rivets with some black paint so they aren't as noticeable. Lips looks great otherwise.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Looks good! Touch up those rivets with some black paint so they aren't as noticeable. Lips looks great otherwise.
thanks! i slapped the lip on the night before i left. i swear the best lip ive had. didnt break, when the car was towed the didnt come off. i was planning on washing the car then painting the lip.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Major issue #2... my ECU fuse keeps frying out. last night i was going on a canyon run with my friends and not even 5 minutes into the run, the car shuts down, looses power and im stuck on a slope in the canyon. luckily me and my friend turned the car around and headed back down and parked it off the road. a couple of my buddies came back and helped me out. same issue that happened on my trip to Vegas. same fuse blew out. it shouldnt have happened because we put a 20 watt fuse instead of the stock 15 watt fuse. im not familiar with wiring but im sure there is something causing this. it seems to happen when the engine is revving high.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
waitng....waiting ....waiting....for the pell grant money.

i did receive my odyssey center caps. i have a pair on one side but i new set of 4. looks like i need to modify them a bit to make them fit on my slipstreams. anyone give me some pointers how to do it properly?

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
still waiting on the pell grant. should hear something next week. but that hasnt stopped me from working on my civic.

a few days after i wrote the last entry, the guy i traded my civc for texts me pissed that i traded him a POS and that i didnt tell him and that. which is bullshit. cus when he test drove my wagon, i was telling him what he needed to do to fix it. it wasnt bad. timing belt and water pump replacemtn was coming up soon. i gave him a link to where he could get those parts cheap and i know peopl who couldve installed for dirt cheap. anyways, he trheated to attempt to steal my civic. so i had a couple kill switches installed.

while we were installing the kill switches, we found out that the stereo was ghetto rigged. nothing but electrical tape and twisted wires. also fixed the ecu fuse issue it had. i bought a greddy cat back exhaust (yea..sexy). but now i gotta replace the b16 header on it cus its got an exhaust leak and the cat isnt seated correctly.

so once the money comes getting a new hood, new bumper, type r girll, type r lip, progress coilovers, and have the slips powdered coated white or maybe just have them polished. ill post pics up tomorrow. its been raining here in phx.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
put in the new window regulator today. seemed easier to take out then put in. but now my window rolls all the way up. my buddy gave me some neuspeed lowering springs. the previous owner had put the springs from a coilover sleeve kit. that spring is too small. the shock was blown. they were drop zone shocks. also worked on getting the front door speakers to work. i dont know why this baboon didnt use the stock speaker wires. the one on the driver side works find now. tomorrow im gonna wire a new wire for the passenger door speaker. i hope to have my money tomorrow. as soon as the check clears, im going shopping for parts.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
YES!! got the parts i needed. got a smoking deal on club civic for eibach sport line springs and shocks. not doing the slammed look anymore. i want to enjoy driving my car and not worry about speed bumps. also got a header and hi-flo cat. all i need now is this one dude to sell me his milano red hood and bumper and ill be straight! if ur curious about the suspension here is the link

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/eibach-sport-system-4-1840-780_p3812.html

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
good freaking news!

i got a full front end for 250. looks clean and its milano red. came with the fogs, the lip and looks great. i lucked out. ill probably be selling the fenders since my fenders look fine and have the side markers on them already. the problem is that my hood latch doesn't work right. the hood wont go all the way down. should be getting the new header and high flo cat this coming week. the suspension the following week.

updated pics tomorrow or very soon.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
the hood isnt sitting right. gonna order a new latch and cable. also gonna buy new hood hinges.

out with the old..

in with the new!!

end result

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. id sell all the front end parts you took off. theres somebody who will use them. subscribed

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
looks good. id sell all the front end parts you took off. theres somebody who will use them. subscribed
sold them that same night lol. sold the old bumper for 40 and the fenders for 100. so i pretty much paid 110 for my hood and new bumper. im taking nicer pics tomorrow. i washed the car tonight. thanks for checking my thread out :-)