Daddy's Civic

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks real nice. I don't like the red on black rims though. I'd go white, or silver, or gunmetal. Just my .02

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Looks real nice. I don't like the red on black rims though. I'd go white, or silver, or gunmetal. Just my .02
the black is temporary. i actually wanna polish the slips. but thats on the back burner for now. i wanted to powder coat them white...but i dont have an extra set of rims to ride on while waiting for them to return from the paint shop.

UPDATE!!

my brand new yonaka motorsports header came in the mail. waiting now on the high flow cat and suspension now.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
fog lights are still ugly. get em replaced, i got good advice, fog lights tend to break all the time on the streets and freeway, so in order to avoid further cracking AND fogging inside, they told me to give a tint. a clear tint, one that has UV protection. This will hold it in place and prevent water to get in there. I havent done it yet on my civic yet....but I am planning on doing it soon.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can weld, or know someone that can. cut that flange off and make one that will match up with your header. The cars seems pretty nice and like you got a good deal! and the guy you traded with shouldnt complain, seems like he left you quite a few problems. and how hard was it to replace the regulator? my window doesnt go up all the way because two teeth on mine grinded off and now it hops. I gotta replace it, ugh

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
If you can weld, or know someone that can. cut that flange off and make one that will match up with your header. The cars seems pretty nice and like you got a good deal! and the guy you traded with shouldnt complain, seems like he left you quite a few problems. and how hard was it to replace the regulator? my window doesnt go up all the way because two teeth on mine grinded off and now it hops. I gotta replace it, ugh
ii thought that maybe cutting the flange and rewelding it would be the solution. cus i dont want to buy another cat and wait for it to come int he mail. shops in my town ricer tax the hell outta parts. so i dont buy from shops in town.

the window regulator isnt hard to do. the pain in the butt was getitng the glass to line up with the regulator. keep the old regulator as a referwnce when u install the new one so u know where the blots go. there is 5 or 6 bolts. they are 10mm. i bought my regulator on ebay for 30 bucks.

havent heard sheeit from the previous owner. all i know is he aint getting this car back. ITS MINEZZZ! part of the reason why i have this project build thread so i have proof of all the repairs i made.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
napa was closed. but i went to auto zone and all they had was a split flange. how does it work? will it work for my problem?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not sure. gonna have to put them next to each other and see. or make your own

paulx022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
s**t man. well too bad your kinda far away, i want red an i'd of traded you my 99 si for it, I saw you were looking for a trade, too bad :/ i woulda loved to it looks sweet. if your curios and wanna check out my Si, clikc my profile and statistic and threads ove started and its 1999 honda civic si fs/ft

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
Had the windshield replaced today. right off the bat there was problems. who ever painted the car didnt bother properly masking off the moldings, so the windshield was part of the paint. then there was some silicone like substance under the molding. the worst part was that there was a bit of rusting at the pinch point at the top of the roof of the car. needless to say, the windshield that was replaced was done wrong. but the gentle man who did my windshield fixed it nice. yet another thing the previous owner failed to mention to me. but its good to know that the glass is on there right and it didnt cost me one red cent cus i had the insurance cover it.

Dre Da Kid

404 THE ATL
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Had the windshield replaced today. right off the bat there was problems. who ever painted the car didnt bother properly masking off the moldings, so the windshield was part of the paint. then there was some silicone like substance under the molding. the worst part was that there was a bit of rusting at the pinch point at the top of the roof of the car. needless to say, the windshield that was replaced was done wrong. but the gentle man who did my windshield fixed it nice. yet another thing the previous owner failed to mention to me. but its good to know that the glass is on there right and it didnt cost me one red cent cus i had the insurance cover it.
word?? My windsheild need to be replace ASAP! It was there when i bought it so i dont know if i would have insuance cover. I guess i have to call my insurance n see what they can do.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what did you do to have insurance cover it getting replaced? did it crack or something?

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
decided not to go with the high flow cat i bought. instead i ordered a BWR adjustable test pipe. emissions is REALLY easy to pass in AZ if u have a 96 or newer car and its obd2.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
normally that would make it harder...obd2 is a b***h lol so i took th same side and got a magnaflow high flow cat and got it welded inline with my piping

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
normally that would make it harder...obd2 is a b***h lol so i took th same side and got a magnaflow high flow cat and got it welded inline with my piping
in AZ, if your car is 1996 or newer and is OBD2, all they check is to see if your car is throwing any CEL codes and if your gas cap holds pressure. thats it. you passed emissions! one reason why i like living here. u can basically have a straight pipe and ur smog legal lol.