debadge failed

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No one has said heat gun yet...

Heat gun + adhesive remover + floss + patience.
unless your me, in which case
heat gun + adhesive remover + floss = broken floss and adhesive still on the back of my car

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unless your me, in which case
heat gun + adhesive remover + floss = broken floss and adhesive still on the back of my car
...wow.

idk which one of you got your ass kicked by double-sided tape the worst

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wash car.

Dry car.

Use hairdryer to heat badge area.

Peel emblem off with fingers. Try to keep it in one piece (less likely to scratch car this way).

Heat left over adhesive with hair dryer. Peel off with fingers. If you must use something else, use a plastic razor blade which is less likely to scratch.

If there is rock hard adhesive left over which you cannot remove, use brake cleaner on the area. Rinse with water afterward.

Clay bar area.

Polish area.

Compound area if needed.

Glaze area (to make glossier).

Wax area.

Done.

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you shoulda kept that to yourself....i debaged my 02 the day it got home from the dealership.

that had to be the easiest thing i have ever done....if floss keeps breaking, use fishing line instead............

rollin14s

5+ Year Member
ya well my badge just feel off and it left an outline of civic cuz over time the plastic emblem rubbed through the clear.

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
W/e kind of string to get the emblem off then just solvent/adhesive remover the b***h to its clean, ive never used a razor to take emblems off

honda98civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got my civic emblem off like the op did. my dx emblem came off like a charm but my civic one dident budge. so i started geting pissed and said f**k it and took out the handy razorblade. when the emblem popped off i noticed a dent under it. so mine is really messed up. its dented, paint chipped, and i also tried touch up painting and accidently bought the wrong color silver. lol but its all good. im getin a carbon fiber hood and trunk in a few months =)

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If your paint is damaged because of the razor that sucks. But usually the adhesive eats up paint. I know it ate thru the paint on my DX and Civic emblems.

Whatever you cant see em from far away. Send pics.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If your paint is damaged because of the razor that sucks. But usually the adhesive eats up paint. I know it ate thru the paint on my DX and Civic emblems.

Whatever you cant see em from far away. Send pics.
You're going to hate to see this, because you think I'm just trying to prove I know more than anyone, but I DO know more about detailing than you.

Adhesive does not usually damage the car's paint. I remove LOTS of badges and it's very rare that there is permanent damage to the paint.

Often there will be a line of adhesive left around the outside of the badge, but it's removable. Even more common is the "shadow" left on the paint from the badge since the paint under the badge was protected from the elements for so long compared to the rest of the paint.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive been considering debading the tailgate of my truck, but you dont see too many newer mazdas around so why not represent.

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one uses the floss trick? i used dental floss to get the badges off my civic. then healthy amounts of goo gone, then a nice wash and wax. looks mint

-Luke

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I used a piece of floss, :what:

.. then used Adhesive remover to get the sticky stuff off..

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
x2 on the dental floss, screwdriver covered in a rag + rubbing alcohol works like a charm.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, this thread is funny. You know, theres helping a brotha out and theres being a b***h.

Next time use a heat gun and it'll come off pretty easy. You can use one of those plastic body filler knifes (or screw driver with rag as previously suggested) if it needs more force to come off.

I'd also suggest asking around or doing a bit of searching before attempting to do something yourself to avoid messing up ;)

tazman

5+ Year Member
sorry to hear u messed up your ride. its best to remove badges sooner than later.